Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Big easter breakroom - 4/20 - 26

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:58 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Big easter breakroom - 4/20 - 26

This is not the morning to be lolly gagging around in bed - - rise and shine. Put on your bib and tucker and get to church to celebrate the resurrection. I put fresh coffee and ph00 on, brought some wonderful egg nog, hot water for Claude, PEEPS for the kids along with balloons. Let's celebrate together by turning in your hymnal to page 326 and let's sing "Up From the Grave He Arose."

Grabbing my ph00 and off to church - - ya'll stay up and come along.

Bob
Old 04-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Put on your bib and tucker and get to church to celebrate the resurrection.
Bib? Tucker?? Well, I didn't go to church, but I DID do my own version of a sunrise Easter service as the sun came over the eastern horizon this morning.

Did you forget to get eggs to hide for the kids? No problem! Show them this picture and tell them 'no more Easter Bunny, no more eggs'. That will cure the problem for ever!

Morning all!

It is Sunday, April 20th. Easter Sunday!

1769 - Ottawa Chief Pontiac was murdered by an Illinois Indian in Cahokia.

1775 - American troops began the siege of British-held Boston.

1792 - France declared war on Austria, Prussia, and Sardinia. It was the start of the French Revolutionary wars.

1832 - Hot Springs National Park was established by an act of the U.S. Congress. It was the first national park in the U.S.

1836 - The U.S. territory of Wisconsin was created by the U.S. Congress.

1861 - Robert E. Lee resigned from U.S. Army.

1865 - Safety matches were first advertised.

1902 - Scientists Marie and Pierre Curie isolated the radioactive element radium.

1940 - The First electron microscope was demonstrated by RCA.

1945 - Soviet troops began their attack on Berlin.

1945 - During World War II, Allied forces took control of the German cities of Nuremberg and Stuttgart.

1951 - General MacArthur addressed the joint session of Congress after being relieved by U.S. President Truman.

1953 - Operation Little Switch began in Korea. It was the exchange of sick and wounded prisoners of war. Thirty Americans were freed.

1961 - FM stereo broadcasting was approved by the FCC.

1967 - U.S. planes bombed Haiphong for first time during the Vietnam War.

1971 - The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the use of busing to achieve racial desegregation in schools.

1972 - The manned lunar module from Apollo 16 landed on the moon.

1981 - A spokesman for the U.S. Navy announced that the U.S. was accepting full responsibility for the sinking of the Nissho Maru on April 9.

1988 - The U.S. Air Forces' Stealth (B-2 bomber) was officially unveiled.

1989 - Scientist announced the successful testing of high-definition TV.

Today's thought:
Even our misfortunes are a part of our belongings.

The poison has been served!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM

1775 - American troops began the siege of British-held Boston.
One should look into that. It's pretty ingenious how they started it. The Brits woke up one morning to find they were completely cut off by land.

Took Huck for his Easter car ride yesterday. This is how he rode most of the way up
Name:  004_zpsf7d9bc90.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  46.7 KB
Around hour 4 of that, he was getting pretty tired
Name:  006_zps087a8f0d.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  66.0 KB
Eventually he gave in to the oncoming nap
Name:  007_zps3b70deaf.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  60.3 KB
While we were at Cabela's I spent twice as much as I ever have on a pair of sneakers (and hope they wear better for longer than what I've been getting around here) and a new wallet. I think I've had this one since 8th grade (or could be 9th), so that would make it 19 or 20 years old. It's like an old friend, I'm going to put it up on a shelf, can't throw it away just yet.
Name:  008_zps40576a6d.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  69.8 KB
Unfortunately, no one makes a nice simple wallet like this any more, everything has so many little pockets and compartments and stuff in them today, they're made for people that have a dozen credit cards worth of debt to their name. The new one's twice as thick as the old with half the stuff in it.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Here's a picture of me after trying the phoo...
Here's a picture of me after putting Pine Sol in the phoo...

Cool pix of your best buddy there Scotfarmer.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Easter y'all & yun's !!

You can tell it's Easter in this joint ...all the little bunny pellets around the coffee pot & donuts.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 04-20-2014, 09:55 AM

I don't know if he's ever rode that far before. It was funny watching him try to stay awake.
Got 17.9 mpg on the way up, I was pushing it a little more than usual, running about 70 on the highway. Tried falling in behind a truck on the interstate both ways but everyone's speeds were all over the place even on flat ground. Gas gauge was sitting right on the 3/4 mark when I got home same as when I got to Sidney so I did a little better coming back (mostly downhill) and I fueled in Curtis on the way up so I went another 27 miles or so on it too.

Not sure how much affect the 245's had, but I know the fan clutch didn't help.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Happy Easter all y'all, I assumed the breakroom was so quiet yesterday because everyone was doing family stuff for Easter weekend. DW and I had my family here on Friday night and we are heading to the city this afternoon for dinner with her family. Everyone play safe today.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
The 12 gauge is loaded and by the door. Stoking up the BBQ. Shouldn't be long now. There he is. Wow, that's a big one! Why is he carrying a basket? No matter, BOOM.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt

You can tell it's Easter in this joint ...all the little bunny pellets around the coffee pot & donuts.
Obviously you didn't look in the coffee pot NEVER assume anything if you enter the room AFTER Scotty
Old 04-20-2014, 06:00 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Easter everybody

NE, great pics of Huck. Looks like a great road trip buddy.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Happy Easter everybody

NE, great pics of Huck. Looks like a great road trip buddy.
I think he'll do a lot of sleeping when I finally get back east. After 4 hours the sleep got him. PA is about 20-21 driving hours. At speeds I travel.

Just had a thought, I need to put exhaust cut-outs in whatever I take. Just so I can putt along at high RPM so all the busybodies back there can call grandma and tell her how fast I'm going. They were doing that back when I lived there and the fan clutch was froze up and the truck could be heard for a mile and a half. I started running that one section of road in 2nd gear just to make more noise for them.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Morning all.

Had a fairly productive weekend for a change. Got about 10 cords of logs decked, bucked to length and ready for transport to the processor. Then moved about 100 yards of bark, dirt and debris left over from processing from the pile at the processor to the hole out back. Borrowed my buddy's C-60 dump to move it, which helped, but it's only got a 5 yard body on it so it was a rather slow process. Not as slow as bringing it out back by the bucket full tho.

"We move the earth, one teaspoon at a time!"
Name:  Dump004a_zps69324dea.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  355.0 KB

It is Monday, April 21st.

1789 - John Adams was sworn in as the first U.S. Vice President.

1836 - General Sam Houston defeated Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto. This battle decided the independence of Texas.

1856 - The Mississippi River was crossed by train for the first time (between Davenport, IA, and Rock Island, IL).

1862 - The U.S. Congress established the U.S. Mint in Denver, CO.

1865 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln's funeral train left Washington.

1898 - The Spanish-American War began.

1914 - U.S. Marines occupied Vera Cruz, Mexico. The troops stayed for six months.

1916 - Bill Carlisle, the infamous ‘last train robber,’ robbed a train in Hanna, WY.

1918 - German fighter ace Manfred von Richthofen, "The Red Baron," was shot down and killed during World War I.

1943 - U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt announced that several Doolittle pilots had been executed by the Japanese.

1972 - Apollo 16 astronauts John Young and Charles Duke explored the surface of the moon.

1975 - South Vietnam president, Nguyen Van Thieu, resigned, condemning the United States.

1992 - Robert Alton Harris became the first person executed by the state of California in 25 years. He was put to death for the 1978 murder of two teen-age boys.

1994 - Jackie Parker became the first woman to qualify to fly an F-16 combat plane.

1998 - Astronomers announced in Washington that they had discovered possible signs of a new family of planets orbiting a star 220 light-years away.

2000 - North Carolina researchers announced that the heart of a 66 million-year-old dinosaur was more like a mammal or bird than that of a reptile.

2009 - UNESCO launched The World Digital Library. The World Digital Library (WDL) is an international digital library operated by UNESCO and the United States Library of Congress.

Today's thought:
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready for y00!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning

Originally Posted by chaikwa
1836 - General Sam Houston defeated Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto. This battle decided the independence of Texas.
REMEMBER THE ALAMO!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Good morning - - see the Canuck with the LEGGS has been and gone. Smelled the ph00 - - - yhoooo whoooo pooooo - - - rascal did it again. Had to dump and fresh is down for your enjoyment. Just check it perchance he sees I was here.

Heading out to help a friend who is struggling. Tough. Have to make some decisions with him - - no family here - - all alone after wife dying. Not fun.

Refill ..................................and I'm gone - - CYA tonight.

Bob

Quick Reply: Big easter breakroom - 4/20 - 26