Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Biblical References

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With out accepting Christ as ones Savior it ends in Death and Hell.

The Road to hell is paved in good intentions.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eskimo
Does this make sense? Am I wrong for asking for a tiny bit of proof?
You are not wrong, just rational. And if you are seriously asking that question then you might try one of the theology newsgroups to get an open and intellectually balanced discussion... it should be pretty obvious by now that you will receive only one particular view here.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:29 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Originally posted by smiller
You are not wrong, just rational. And if you are seriously asking that question then you might try one of the theology newsgroups to get an open and intellectually balanced discussion... it should be pretty obvious by now that you will receive only one particular view here.
And on those sites you only recieve the other.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by ramlovingvet
And on those sites you only recieve the other.
I don't understand. What 'other' view are you referring to?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:47 PM

Ramlovin, would that be a bad thing for him?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

I have visited some site claiming to be Open to discussion but are really just anti Christian from start to finish. If it is honest open discussion i have no Problem with them but from past experence it would be like going to a m Moore web site for true Bush info.

Why dont you post a few URLs for us to see?
Old 09-29-2004, 03:12 PM

This has been excellent reading...

I was drug to church (Roman Catholic) every Sunday for 18 years... baptized, communion, confirmation, the whole shootin' match, and didn't believe it deep down. Maybe it had something to do with everyone being so friendly while inside the church, and then yelling at that same person to "hurry up and get out of the parking lot, ya idiot!"

Anyway...I have a question that's been bugging me for a long time. I am a doubter. I don't have much faith in anything that I can't prove, and while I do believe in God, a sign is all it would take for me to be devout for life. I'm not saying for the waters to part... something simple... move my pen an inch... make my cat meow... open a window... speak to me in a dream... something.

I don't go to church often at all, but I do give thanks to God for the good things (and the bad things in my life...everything happens for a reason), but I know I could be a much more religious person, and I would, honestly - IF i could know someone's listening.

Does this make sense? Am I wrong for asking for a tiny bit of proof?
What we must remember is that God doent think like a man, and we cannot comprehend the way he thinks.

I would like to share a piece of my testimony with ya'll.
My wife(gf at the time) & I rededicated our lives on Mother's Day 2003. We knew we were going to be getting married soon, and there were some things in our lives that we did not want to take into our marriage. We laid them at the feet of Jesus and left them there. God told me that to be the spiritual leader of my family, that I could not start my marriage with these things in it. So we repented that day, and prayed for the Lord the draw us closer to Him. We were married about 6 months later.

We have been married for a year now, and about 4 months ago God spoke to me. I started to get a feeling like I needed to do more for Him. I felt that one Sunday service, and Sunday school was not enough. I asked Him to reveal what he wanted me to do. A few weeks later I get the thought that I need to help the church with the Youth Group. This worked on my heart for weeks, and I would not respond to it. I didnt tell my wife, or anyone else. I tried to put it out of my mind, because the "old man" in me did not want to serve. I finally came to grips with myself, and told God that if he wanted me to do it, that he would have to give me a sign. That next Sunday morning after service, the youth minister came to me and my wife and asked us to help him!!!!! Before I could say yes, my wife blurted out that God had put it on her heart to serve the youth, but she had been reluctant to tell me, or anyone else! We both looked at each other in disbelief, but soon realized that God was leading us to serve Him. We both agreed to help. We have now opened up our home to the youth, and lead small groups on SUnday nights.

This is just a small portion of what God has done, and is doing in my life right now. So Eskimo, Go ahead and ask Him to reveal himself to you, because He will!!!! I am living proof.

Thank you God for what you are doing in my life, in Jesus name, Amen.
phillip
Old 09-29-2004, 03:16 PM

The Road to hell is pathed in good intentions.
also,,,,,,,,The road to hell is paved in pride.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:28 PM

I have visited some site claiming to be Open to discussion but are really just anti Christian from start to finish. If it is honest open discussion i have no Problem with them but from past experence it would be like going to a m Moore web site for true Bush info.
Why dont you post a few URLs for us to see?
I was referring to the various theology discussion groups on Usenet. Certainly some threads are biased (people are only human after all) but many provide open discussion and perspectives from many religions and yes, some non-religious views as well. Seems like that would be a good thing for someone searching for their own truth. You'll have to admit that there doesn't seem to be a lot of diversity of opinion in this particular thread.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:37 PM

Hey Palmetto, I listened to the testimony of a guy from Texas last Sunday. His name is Randy Bird and he formed a large Cowboy church in Texas and is now serving as a missionary of sorts. We were having a cowboy church service at a friend of mines church and he was the guest speaker. He is paralyzed from the waist down and still ropes and rides. He made his own saddle just for his disability if you want to call it that. He can still out rope me anyday of the week.
We had team penning, a couple of western pleasure show classes, roping, and a few other events like barrels, poles, flag races etc.. Huge crowd got to see what a bunch of christian cowboys can do on a sunday afternoon. Plus we had a brisket feed right after the morning service. Theres more than one way to reach out to the public. I love it when the kids from town walk up and ask to touch my horse or go for a ride on it. Some of them have never been that close to one before.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
This is just a small portion of what God has done, and is doing in my life right now. So Eskimo, Go ahead and ask Him to reveal himself to you, because He will!!!! I am living proof.
Hmmm, maybe I'm missing the signs?

How about - I'm in need of proof, and I'm dense... Honestly, it's gonna have to be something as obvious as what happened with you...

Seriously, I'm gonna ask tonight. I hope it works... I want to believe.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:13 PM

How about - I'm in need of proof, and I'm dense... Honestly, it's gonna have to be something as obvious as what happened with you...

Seriously, I'm gonna ask tonight. I hope it works... I want to believe.
If you want to believe I'm sure you will find a way, and if that makes you happy then my best wishes. But another question is whether you really want to simply believe, or seek truly objective knowledge. Those two paths are different.

Whatever your choice, good luck. I think one thing everyone can agree on is that it's an important decision so spend some time with it.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:00 PM

I have been reading these recent posts, and I must say I am well pleased. When I first strted this thread, I looked at it the next day, and only saw a couple responses, I prayed and asked God to draw people to this site, and as of today there has been 697 views, and 57 posts. This is an absolute miracle!! And God gets all the glory! Granted there are those that just browse to see what it's about, and then there are others that have questions, and then there are those that have REAL life experiences. What a wonderful combination! When Jesus taught the multitudes, how did the multitudes know to come hear him teach? Curiosity and emptiness. When God created mankind, he created us all to be servants. It takes some of us a little bit longer than others to realize our servitude, and then it takes a little while until we learn who our master is. I wnat to share a couple of the things that God has done in my life.
1. he has healed me from asthma (1994)
2. he has raised my brother from the dead (twice)
3. he has protected me by the request of my mom from when I was in the Army.
4. he has blessed me with a wonderful son
5. he has forgotten my iniquities
6. he has blessed me in favor of others
7. he has blessed my income
8. he has healed my dog from parvo
9. he has protected me from traffic accidents
10. he has repaired the damaged relationship between my wife and I

Those are just a few of the things he has done in my life.

I also remember seeing a post about wanting a sign. I have asked God to make it rain. This is a funny story, but it is true, honest!

I was sitting in my work van one morning looking at the beautiful blue morning sky, and just out of the blue I says " Lord, please make it to rain. Thank you" I waited patiently for it to rain all day long. At the end of the day I was kinda bummed out, but I didn't tell my wife what had happened. So I goto bed, and wake up the next morning, and my van had water on it, looked like somone had sprayed it with a water hose. I thought, well isn't that just cute, Lord you know that is not what I had in mind, I expected to see puddles. So, 2 more days went by. That next sunday morning my family and I went to church, and on the way home I finally told my wife about what had happened, she thought it was funny. Anyhow, we get home and I go lay down to take a nap, I wake up about 2 hours later, and my wife is just beaming with excitment, I asked her what was so exciting, and she said "look outside", so I get up and go look outside and there were puddles!!!!! puddles everywhere, she said that about 15 minutes after I laid down a storm came out all of a sudden and it rained like a son of a gun!
There were more puddles that I could have ever imagined in that short amount of time.
I learned a couple things through that experience.

1. God taught me patience, it is his timing not mine.
2. God has a sense of humor, he is our father, and there are things that bring him pleasure from his children
3. I don't have to actually see him do somthing to know that he did it.

Brennan
Old 09-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Banned

Eskimo...something about a truck that should have belonged to another guy i know and he asked God to help him make the right choice..and He gave the rattle trap to you j/k
Personally, i believe God has something to do with Aliens and UFO's and they are his angles watching us..and the so called Biblical "Rapture" is when all the good folks get sucked into a tractor beam up into the mothership to go "home" ...take it in stride people...everyone will get a chance for an opportunity to be in Heaven..even after we die if we were stubborn down here..if God loves us he will hook us up