Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Biblical References

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 2 Timothy 3:16 the Bible says "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness". We cannot pick and choose what we want out of the Bible or we will be confused.

In Acts 4:12 the Bible says "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Luke the writer of Acts was speaking of Jesus when he wrote this.

I grew up going to church and I don't ever remember doubting that the Bible was the word of God or that God was who the Bible said He was. I believed all that but I was no better off than the devil because in James 2:19 the Bible says "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder.

In Romans 10:9-10 & 13 the Bible says (9)"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (10) For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. (13) for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

When I was 26 I prayed one night and confessed to God that I was a sinner and asked him to save me from my sins. God was and is faithful and I have been a Christian now for 31 years.

If you do not know if you would go to Heaven if you died today then you can pray and ask God to forgive you and save you and He will. Start reading the Bible in the book of John.

I have begun reading another book that I would recommend to anyone. It answers a lot of the questions that have been brought up in this thread. The book is titled "Hell? Yes!" by Robert Jeffress. It has only 7 chapters one being "Every Other Religion Is Wrong" and another "Evolution Is a Myth" so you see that it speaks to some of the questions raised here. Above all else read the Bible because it is the true word of God.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:16 PM

Amen!!! Brother
Old 09-28-2004, 11:52 PM

John 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Also, God said in;
Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

This could be a really easy thing to do these days, as we get so cought up with the things & stuff of this world, we loose our focus on God & what he did for us, taking the Sin of this world upon himself & DIeing on the cross in our place so that we can live with him for eternity!
for example of putting things before God is our Trucks if we give our truck more time & more thought than God that can be an Idol, now God does not say we cannot have nice things, just as long as we remember who Blessed us with these great gifts!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 - For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I think it's a clear picture here weather we confess him here on earth or now Every nee will bow & Every Tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Matthew 10:33 - But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Folks don't wait till it's too late, ask God for him to reveal himself to you today, humble yourselvs, it's a free gift all you need to do is accept it, God is knocking on the door all you need to do is let him in! folks it's right here God made it so simple! & yet so Amazing:
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
God made the plan of salvation so simple:
Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Nothing we can do can buy us into heaven, it is a free gift! By Grace & through Faith! not of works lest any man should boast!

God Bless You!!

~Daniel
Old 09-28-2004, 11:54 PM

Ditto what Tommy93. said Joe N.
Jesus Is the Way! He is The TRUTH! & He is the Life!!

As I quoted before & will do again:
John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the I am! He is a Just, All knowing, Soverign, Powerfull & Sinless Creator & There can be no Lies in him!

Titus 1:1,2-3 - Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

God Bless You Guys!

~Daniel
Old 09-29-2004, 12:24 AM

If the Jews are God's chosen people but they dont believe that Jesus was the masiah does that mean they will not go to heaven? and if thats true how can they still be god's chosen people
Old 09-29-2004, 06:31 AM

Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Ro 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Ro 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The jews are God's chosen people, however if they do not accept Jesus as the messiah, then they will not goto heaven. The gospel was given first to the jews, and more jews did not accept it than jews that did. God has made this available to everyone including the gentile (non-jew).
Old 09-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks everyone for your posts. I'm learning more here, right now, than I've been able to comprehend in my 43 years!

I *think* I have a few more questions, but I'll wait until Mexstan posts his next 'installment', as that may answer the questions I have.

Again, please don't get the wrong idea. I DO believe in God and the Bible, I just have questions!

chaikwa.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:10 PM

This has been excellent reading...

I was drug to church (Roman Catholic) every Sunday for 18 years... baptized, communion, confirmation, the whole shootin' match, and didn't believe it deep down. Maybe it had something to do with everyone being so friendly while inside the church, and then yelling at that same person to "hurry up and get out of the parking lot, ya idiot!"

Anyway...I have a question that's been bugging me for a long time. I am a doubter. I don't have much faith in anything that I can't prove, and while I do believe in God, a sign is all it would take for me to be devout for life. I'm not saying for the waters to part... something simple... move my pen an inch... make my cat meow... open a window... speak to me in a dream... something.

I don't go to church often at all, but I do give thanks to God for the good things (and the bad things in my life...everything happens for a reason), but I know I could be a much more religious person, and I would, honestly - IF i could know someone's listening.

Does this make sense? Am I wrong for asking for a tiny bit of proof?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Eskimo
..........I am a doubter. I don't have much faith in anything that I can't prove, and while I do believe in God, a sign is all it would take for me to be devout for life. .........
Then it wouldn't be "faith", would it. According to my wife, there's signs all over, you just have to know where to look. She's good at it. Me...not so good.

I'm an engineer by trade although I think I was born one. I live my life by empirical evidence, so it's tough for me to balance my Catholic faith. I may add I was aptly named "Thomas". Fortunately, Catholicism has in recent years embraced "theistic evolution", and while it's not exactly as I see it, it's reasonably close enough for me to continue to attend Mass each week and not think of myself as a hypocrite.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Banned

How did Noah capture 2 of every creature on earth? and how could he build something so sea worthy that no-one else could have built in his time yet he was the only vessel to survive? interesting..too bad it didn't go into more detail...too bad for that little fine line between the "word of God" and what the authors' Interpretation of the Word of God said..everybody hears the same words differently
Old 09-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TurbosAmongUs
How did Noah capture 2 of every creature on earth?
Except Unicorns

phox
Old 09-29-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by TurbosAmongUs
......too bad for that little fine line between the "word of God" and what the authors' Interpretation of the Word of God said..everybody hears the same words differently
Indeed....
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When I see things like the following, I cant help but to see "proof".
Old 09-29-2004, 01:59 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Every time I catch a Salmon and look at the complexity of its design or a rainbow even the Lowly Lingcod all show they are Created not evolved from a puddle of Ooze.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:02 PM

what conflict if any lies ahead for the believer that doesn't adopt a recognized religion? One who lives humbly in recognition of a higher power yet has no concept of a heaven or hell yet has experienced a peace that passeth all understanding. How does it end for him?