Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Biblical References

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are to believe as a child, that is harder to do as we grow older.
Sharing the gospel means to get the good news out to as many people as possible, if they choose to reject it, then fine. No hard feelings from me. No offense taken from those that have rejected this. If they accept it, then there are resources available to help them understand. As time has moved on some folks have "hardened" thier hearts, and have chose to reject the gospel. Some are mad at God for whatever reason. Some people just refuse to believe in someone they cannot see or touch. Even in the body of Christ there are different personalities. It takes such a variety of personalities to make team. The body of Christ would not be as effective if all members were preachers, or if all folks are evangelists. Each member has a specific function, and until they "find" that specific function, they will not be content, nor productive. What I have seen here in this thread is a preacher, a teacher, an evangelist, and a counseler. Each one has had strong message, and was very proficient in displaying it. I want to thank each one of you for not beating around the bush and standing for your understandings, and interpretations.

No onto another subject, with Iran having nuclear weapons, and being a tremendous threat to Israel, how long do you think until the balloon goes up?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:45 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by bdramsey

No onto another subject, with Iran having nuclear weapons, and being a tremendous threat to Israel, how long do you think until the balloon goes up?

don't think it will.

but of course i don't get into the whole armageddon story.
if that is what your talking about? maybe i'm misunderstanding?

britt

Old 10-20-2004, 04:59 PM

It does'nt have to be called Armageddon. I could just be another mid east war. So what do you think about Russia and China, and North Korea, and Iran? How about Russia's new stance on terrorisim, and thier lean towards or should I say democratic resolution of this Terrorisim situation.

also Phox
There is a court hearing in place right now in Russia against the Jehova witnesses, claiming they should be banned from practicing in Russia due to "inciting violence".

Correct me if I am wrong, but are'nt JW, and LDS similar in beliefs?
Old 10-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bdramsey
also Phox
There is a court hearing in place right now in Russia against the Jehova witnesses, claiming they should be banned from practicing in Russia due to "inciting violence".

Correct me if I am wrong, but are'nt JW, and LDS similar in beliefs?
I'm not sure, but I doubt it.
I haven't studied up on Jehova's Witnesses much.
All I know is they tend to knock on ones door at the most un-oportune times.
(dinner, shower, sex, etc)

phox
Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 PM

hahaha! Ain't that the truth! Anyone come knockin on my door after dark better run, cause if the 357 don't get em, the 12 guage will and if they come a knockin during the day, they would probably think my dogs can't see the line where the no trespassin signs are at

I got this p-hobia of shootin my wall full of holes, I guess I'd rather go deaf from the 357 instead ........... flip a quarter

thx phox.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned

T7,

not to get back in this but you stated over and over durring this thread ...........

""No I wouldn’t but I also wouldn’t consider killing my son because god told me to do it"".

God never made anyone kill their son .

it was mearly a test in faith and he wouldnt let him do it anyway.

but if lucifer convinced a person to jump off a bridge he would never stop them.

point being many gods are and have been worshiped but there is only one almighty and he knows what your going to do before you do it. so there no way that he was going to make someone kill there offspring to prove faith. it was a test not nessasarly for god but the man he asked.

Disclaimer :::: this is not a chain post just clearing something up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bdramsey,

""What I have seen here in this thread is a preacher, a teacher, an evangelist, and a counseler""

Am I one of these .....if so I never intended to be any of them . you need to add a person who beleaves in god and his teachings .I wouldnt concider myself non of the above. just a bit of a vagabond of all 4 .

DM
Old 10-20-2004, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by dieselminded
T7,

not to get back in this but you stated over and over durring this thread ...........

""No I wouldn’t but I also wouldn’t consider killing my son because god told me to do it"".

God never made anyone kill their son .

it was mearly a test in faith and he wouldnt let him do it anyway.

but if lucifer convinced a person to jump off a bridge he would never stop them.

point being many gods are and have been worshiped but there is only one almighty and he knows what your going to do before you do it. so there no way that he was going to make someone kill there offspring to prove faith. it was a test not nessasarly for god but the man he asked.

Disclaimer :::: this is not a chain post just clearing something up.

DM

Hello dieselminded,

I am certainly not arguing with you and I don’t want you to think I am.

My point was and is: what kind of god would ask this? Would you kill your son if god asked you too even if he had no intention of letting you? Merely asking someone to do this is unacceptable to me. I can’t understand how anyone else could think this was an acceptable test if as you say god already knew what he was going to do anyway.
Originally posted by dieselminded

so there no way that he was going to make someone kill there offspring to prove faith
But that is what he asked them to do!!!!!!

This is a test that I would have failed miserably as I think you or any reasonable person would.

Now I ask everyone again, if someone were about to kill their son because he said god told him to would you let him? Hey god wouldn’t let him do it right? I mean that’s what your saying isn’t it?

Just because someone wrote it a few thousand years ago does not make it fact or true or any more reasonable. But I guess it’s okay because it is in the bible.

Just clearing things up...... again

Britt

Old 10-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

love ya T7
Old 10-20-2004, 10:14 PM

love you too diesel

take care

Old 10-21-2004, 06:38 AM

aww how tweet............
Old 10-22-2004, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about Job, everything that he went through was just for God to prove to Satan about Job's faith and and trust in God, Job had both, and a lot of it.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by winkle
What about Job, everything that he went through was just for God to prove to Satan about Job's faith and and trust in God, Job had both, and a lot of it.

I am glad you brought that up. First things first….who wrote the story of Job? What I mean by this is how would anyone know what was going on between god and satan???? This was all happening in heaven I assume?

God wanted to prove to Satan that Job was a loyal follower. Satan said that the only reason that Job worshiped god the way that he did was because he had everything he wanted or needed. God told Satan that he would prove otherwise. He took everything away from Job and the moral of the story is Job still followed god.
Why would god care what Satan thought anyway???? As has been mentioned many times before god already knew what was going to happen. He knew what Job was going to do before he even did it. SO WHY MAKE HIM THE SCAPEGOAT FOR SATAN??????
What kind of god would do this I ask again and again???????????????????????????

Man I can’t believe you guys can believe in a god that would practice this type of ****!!!

Would you put up with this? I wouldn’t

Britt
Old 10-22-2004, 09:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
First of all God used Job for an example to everyone else that if you put your faith and trust in Him ,you can handle anything. God said that He would not put anything on you , you could not handle.(1corin 10:13) Satan thinks he can change mans mind about God,he even tried to tempt Jesus (Matt 4:1-11), but every time Jesus was tempted Jesus responded in verse 4,7,10 saying IT IS WRITTEN. He defeated satan by quoting scripture.(psalms 119:11) satan can not stand the Word of God (James 2:19). Read it for your self I did not write it, but Jesus also said ; BUT IF ANY MAN BE IGNORANT, LET HIM BE IGNORANT (1corin 14:38)!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:14 PM

ftltmp,

you didn't answer my questions. all you did was tell me the story of job and it's meaning.

form t-7 firefighter

I am glad you brought that up. First things first….who wrote the story of Job? What I mean by this is how would anyone know what was going on between god and satan???? This was all happening in heaven I assume?

God wanted to prove to Satan that Job was a loyal follower. Satan said that the only reason that Job worshiped god the way that he did was because he had everything he wanted or needed. God told Satan that he would prove otherwise. He took everything away from Job and the moral of the story is Job still followed god.
Why would god care what Satan thought anyway???? As has been mentioned many times before god already knew what was going to happen. He knew what Job was going to do before he even did it. SO WHY MAKE HIM THE SCAPEGOAT FOR SATAN??????
What kind of god would do this I ask again and again???????????????????????????

i understand the meanings in the bible. it is just the people that take it as a literal translation of history that i can't seem to understand.

Britt

Old 10-24-2004, 08:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Satan has tried to get Jesus to folllow him many times(matt 4:1-11) and satan will use any means possible. Satan knew how faithfull Job was to Jesus and he thought that if he could change Job mind that Jesus would also change his.
Jesus knew that he would not change and allowed satan to tempt him. Jesus did not use Job satan did , Jesus just allowed it. Satan knows your weakness and if he can get in there and change your mind about Jesus he will.