Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Biblical References

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:36 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I'm back

Originally posted by dieselminded
Why do you feel this way............Do you realize that falsely interpeting the bible to someone who's never tried to learn on their own is one of the major things god said not to do I think its on the last page of the bible

If you believe the bible. Which as I have said I do not.

I dont think there are many kids who enjoy curch I never liked it either When your young your prioritys are diffrent just because you never wanted to be there dont mean that its your destiny to not beleave its just what most kids do ...dont be so hard on yourself brother

My point was that I could see through the nonsense when I was young. Not being hard on myself.

santa and the easter bunny beleafs are installed into you by your enviroment and when your a child it consists of mostly your parents so one could interpet this as maybe your parents didnt joke around and try to keep you an innocent child by subjecting you to such legends ...also most kids just put on beleaving them so they can get candy and presents its how life as a child revolves

My comment was meant as a joke.

Again time after time you counterdict your self read your post and look at your self your all misscombubulated ........You sound like your afraid to come to grips with how you think.....thats normal wikid thoughts are in everyones mind this dont mean your evil just human and our socity has taught us thing in witch runs threw our minds and leaves us feeling dirty..they are unavoidable now adays wikidtry is everywhere even in the chruch its up to you to deciper whats right and wrong its seem that your thinking wrong but trying to write what is right .....I have your fix you are just like I was before I started to understand

Haven’t contradicted myself yet. You know exactly what I believe.

your 50 % right here I asked this same question when I was just like you and I was told "even the man stranded in the desert all his life will have a chance to hear the truth and choise his path"

I respectfully disagree.

wrong you've been brainwashed my friend no christian would ever say that any one is damned to hell or they just damned there self

Go back a few post and you will see that many people have said that non-christians are going to hell.

solid facts says who.....MAN .......he will fail you for he is only human we are not right god seen that god knows that thats why were here the 1 thing god will not change is HUMAN WILL you must love him on your own . he could make us love him but he wants you to choise to on your own

Once again, if you choose to ignore the facts it doesn’t make the facts untrue.

never say never if a scientist told you to get in to this ship and I'll fly you to the sun and there will be hundrend of unresistable women there would you get it??? there you are placing faith in man again

No I wouldn’t but I also wouldn’t consider killing my son because god told me to do it.

P.S. That is a heaven I would like to go to though

I don’t hate the bible. Never have. Just don’t believe some of it.

you mean understand some of it

No I mean I don’t believe some of it.

I have never been able to understand how someone could take it as a literal translation ofhistory when there are scientific facts proving otherwise.

heres your almighty scientist again

Exactly!!!

It seems that you are trying to put words in my mouth. You and I just don't believe the same things. I am certainly not saying you are wrong. But I'm not saying I'm wrong either.

Britt

Old 10-11-2004, 12:48 PM

solid facts says who.....MAN .......he will fail you for he is only human we are not right god seen that god knows that thats why were here the 1 thing god will not change is HUMAN WILL you must love him on your own . he could make us love him but he wants you to choise to on your own
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This “MAN” that you have such distain for. Man was the one that decided on the divinity of Christ and what position he would hold in relation to God and the Holy Sprit at the council at Nicea in the year 325 AD.

Quote from Answers in Action:

“The Council of Nicea seriously considered alternating views of Jesus, not whether he was merely mortal or divine, but rather whether he was created or eternal.”

This was decided over 300 years after the crucifixion of Christ......by man.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

Im done not investing anymore time to this thread.

not giving up just dont rally want to talk about it anymore

obviously if your a fire fighter and still alive

god has shined down on you

keep doing what you doing and good luck

DM

P.S. to thread::::: if you say your christian and then you judge another and feel that he is going to hell maybe your the problem. Tho shalt not pass judgement.

P.S.S to t-7 ::::: if every one beleaved what a scientist said then the world would be flat maybe the time hasnt came for another scientist to prove the first one wrong its a game and it will go back and forth.as new things occur.

God bless
Old 10-11-2004, 03:07 PM

Im done not investing anymore time to this thread.

not giving up just dont rally want to talk about it anymore

obviously if your a fire fighter and still alive

god has shined down on you

keep doing what you doing and good luck

DM

P.S. to thread::::: if you say your christian and then you judge another and feel that he is going to hell maybe your the problem. Tho shalt not pass judgement.

P.S.S to t-7 ::::: if every one beleaved what a scientist said then the world would be flat maybe the time hasnt came for another scientist to prove the first one wrong its a game and it will go back and forth.as new things occur.

God bless

take care.

i will see you when we talk about trucks.

britt
Old 10-13-2004, 03:36 PM

i guess the bible discussion is over.

oh well, it's been fun

britt

Old 10-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
i guess the bible discussion is over.

oh well, it's been fun

britt

I'll start it back up again with this statement.

The Bible was not written by God, it was written by Men.

I think back to a party game.

Every one sits in a circle, person #1 turns to the person to the right of him/her and tells them a story, trying to make it not too detailed, but detailed enough.

Person 2 then turns to the person to the right of them and tells them the same story.

Person 3 tells to person 4 and so on and so on.

By the time it makes it back around to person 1, the story most likely is very different from the original story.

The Bible was written much in this style.
Stories handed down from generation to generation then finally written down for posterity.
Then many many years later, they were translated from whatever language they were originally written in to another language.
Then again, from that language to the prevelent language of the time, and so on.
Then finally, to the King James english we know and love.

Obviously, from previous posts in this thread,
the Bible is considered the "Word and Law of God" by many religions.

That in itself is reason enough to question what is written therein.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

phox
Old 10-13-2004, 06:18 PM

sounds logical Phox
Old 10-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Chapter President

A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his little girl, Shelby. She wanted to know what the world looked like. Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed the map of the world. Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to Shelby, and said, "Go into the other room and see if you can put this together. This will show you the world today."

After a few minutes, Shelby returned and handed him the map correctly fitted together. The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly. "Oh," she said, "on the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus. When I got all of Jesus back where He belonged, then the world came together."
Old 10-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Chapter President

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own! ,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

If you love God, send this to ten people and
back to the person that sent it.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May God Bless You,

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"
"May the Lord Bless you and keep you,
May the Lord Make his face shine upon you,
and give you Peace.....Forever"
"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them,
but you know they are always there."
Old 10-13-2004, 08:03 PM

excellent crobtex

Since everyone here has SOME knowledge of the Bible, agree with it or disagree is beside the point. What do ya'll think about the 4 horses/horseman of the apocoloypse? How about the seals in Revelation?

This is'nt to make folks pick sides, I think it is plain where everyone stands, but as far as interpretation, how does the book of Revelation "reveal" to you?
Old 10-13-2004, 08:41 PM

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...plantable_chip

interesting news story.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by bdramsey
excellent crobtex

Since everyone here has SOME knowledge of the Bible, agree with it or disagree is beside the point. What do ya'll think about the 4 horses/horseman of the apocoloypse? How about the seals in Revelation?

This is'nt to make folks pick sides, I think it is plain where everyone stands, but as far as interpretation, how does the book of Revelation "reveal" to you?

My personal belief… If god was really worried about us going to heaven and accepting him he would have made it easier to understand this bible. There are so many different interpretations of the bible. You would think that if it were so important then it would be straightforward. You would also think that god wouldn’t just disappear for 2000 years. If you believe the bible he was hanging around an awful lot in the early days. Then he sent his son and left leaving behind this book, which not many people can understand. There are so many contradictions in the bible it is ridiculous.

And then you have Revelations. If he really wanted us to know how the end was going to happen wouldn’t it just have been easier to tell us instead of writing it in this strange code? 7 seals, 4 horsemen, ect. Doesn't really reveal anything to me except a strange story.

Just my ideas. I don’t expect anyone else to have them.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Chapter President

It may be straight foreward for people that believe the bible.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Banned

I completely agree with t-7 firefighter. The Bible is just a book. It has no more right to claim to be the word of God than the Qu'ran, the Lotus Sutra or The Three Pigs. All are simply works of men, aiming to teach proper conduct. There is nothing special at all about the Bible that hints at divine authorship. Most of it is inept, hardly the work of one who created the entire universe. The only reason people treat it as special is because their mothers told them to. There is nothing in the least inherently remarkable about it. It is a preposterously overrated book. The creation account in the Bible is clearly not literally true. All physical evidence points against it. For example, it has light being created after the earth and after water. It has creation happening only about 4000 years ago where the geological record shows it has to be much, much older. Since God presumably created all the misleading physical evidence, it would seem He does not want us to believe the Genesis account either. Which evidence is more trustworthy, that penned by man or created directly by God? Surely God did not forget how He actually created the universe, and how celestial dynamics work. Why is it then the Old Testament is so full of error on such matters. If you will recall, it claims the earth is square and flat and that the sun revolves around the earth. Did God have a temporary lapse of memory while composing the Old Testament? Or did human Biblical authors, in their arrogance, imagine their works were of divine origin.
The Book of Revelations is merely fantasy dreaming by the authors, meant to give one last attempt at putting fear in man as to control his conduct.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by BigCarl
I completely agree with t-7 firefighter. The Bible is just a book. It has no more right to claim to be the word of God than the Qu'ran, the Lotus Sutra or The Three Pigs. All are simply works of men, aiming to teach proper conduct. There is nothing special at all about the Bible that hints at divine authorship. Most of it is inept, hardly the work of one who created the entire universe. The only reason people treat it as special is because their mothers told them to. There is nothing in the least inherently remarkable about it. It is a preposterously overrated book. The creation account in the Bible is clearly not literally true. All physical evidence points against it. For example, it has light being created after the earth and after water. It has creation happening only about 4000 years ago where the geological record shows it has to be much, much older. Since God presumably created all the misleading physical evidence, it would seem He does not want us to believe the Genesis account either. Which evidence is more trustworthy, that penned by man or created directly by God? Surely God did not forget how He actually created the universe, and how celestial dynamics work. Why is it then the Old Testament is so full of error on such matters. If you will recall, it claims the earth is square and flat and that the sun revolves around the earth. Did God have a temporary lapse of memory while composing the Old Testament? Or did human Biblical authors, in their arrogance, imagine their works were of divine origin.
The Book of Revelations is merely fantasy dreaming by the authors, meant to give one last attempt at putting fear in man as to control his conduct.

Finally!!!!!

Thank You.

Britt