Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Biblical References

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"""I guess you don’t believe in carbon dating now. """"

I beleave in GOD and the way he tells it in the bible ,

Man will always fail you

I cant understand how your willing to tempt eternity for what a scientist THINKS

I live they way I do thanks to my ancestors for passing down the way of the bible .And I hope one day to meet them in heaven and thank them .

No man is with out his convictions and Im not going to tempt my faith because somebody said it was wrong..........................

They thought jesus was wrong

Maybe a scientist told them jesus was a fraud.

You can beleave what you want but if you had a book about your own future and it was written by an older you,,,,, would you live your life word to word ????

I bet you would ...............now just think of the bible as the only thing that exsist that has the definate future wrote down------ isnt that amazing see what your missing see what lies ahead its a wonderful tool . and while your @ it get the truth about your past and then maybe it'll help you a bit in the present.

You'll never understand the bible with out gods help before you open it up ask god for his help to make you understand. and maybe you'll feel a bit diffrent on you faith in man. We are only animals with out gods help so obvisiously he's helping you too time for a bit of thanks rather than rejection..

scientific facts = human
Bilble facts = god

nope I guess you can say I dont beleave in carbon dateing or anything else MAN can think up to try to prove the bible wrong I guess you got me you win but remember your life time is mear a speck durring eternity. Id rather be right then I can be wrong now it really dont matter after all.

Enjoy trying to pick this apart and try to make me look like an idiot ...I guess if beleaving in the holy grail is wrong ...............lock me up and throw away the key

Im not saying that you have to be religious to be right in gods eyes but people cant go around trying to prove god wrong and still be on gods good side exspecially if your willing to teach the wrong things to the unknowing instead of the bible thats where things get scary

IMO
Old 10-09-2004, 03:14 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by dieselminded
No man is with out his convictions and Im not going to tempt my faith because somebody said it was wrong..........................
I never said you were wrong. What you believe is your choice. I am glad that you have found what you are looking for and I wasn’t trying to change your mind. Couldn’t if I wanted to.
I personally don’t believe that scientist try to prove the bible wrong. I think what happens is when science doesn’t agree with what the bible teaches then Christians automatically think that scientist are trying to discredit the bible. I have many friends that are scientist and Christian. You can be both.

Originally posted by dieselminded
Enjoy trying to pick this apart and try to make me look like an idiot ...I guess if beleaving in the holy grail is wrong ...............lock me up and throw away the key
Why would I try to make you look like an idiot? I was simply stating in the last post that just because someone chooses to ignore the facts doesn’t make the facts wrong.

I’m not trying to sway anyone’s opinion one way or another. This thread was about biblical references and what you thought about them. You posted your opinion and I posted mine.

We just differ.

Britt

Old 10-09-2004, 03:47 PM

If a person believes there is no God and if that person is right then when they die they have lost nothing. But, if they are wrong they have lost everything and will suffer for eternity in hell.

If a person believes in Jesus as their Savior and if that person is wrong then when they die they have lost nothing. But, if they are right they have gained salvation and will spend eternity in Heaven.

"Ya'll" are either right or wrong when it comes to your belief about what happens after death. "Ya'll" better be absolutely sure that what you believe is right because if you are wrong the consequences are eternal.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by Joe N.
If a person believes there is no God and if that person is right then when they die they have lost nothing. But, if they are wrong they have lost everything and will suffer for eternity in hell.

If a person believes in Jesus as their Savior and if that person is wrong then when they die they have lost nothing. But, if they are right they have gained salvation and will spend eternity in Heaven.

"Ya'll" are either right or wrong when it comes to your belief about what happens after death. "Ya'll" better be absolutely sure that what you believe is right because if you are wrong the consequences are eternal.

let me see if i got this right..... the main reason you believe what you do is because you are afraid of going to this hell of yours? so god has scared you into believing.

so your saying i should believe just to be safe?

okey dokey.

Old 10-09-2004, 06:03 PM

I never got this answered before so I'll ask again... in order to be saved and go to Heaven do you just have to believe in Jesus or do you also have to adopt a strict interpretation of the bible, adopt the bible's moral code (still not sure exactly what that is, but luckily there are no end to people who will tell me), believe in creation over evolution, etc.? My impression is that these all go together but please correct me if I'm wrong...

If that is the case, however, if you believe in the above and if you are wrong you have not 'lost nothing'... you will have been living your entire life under false beliefs and will have given up all of the understanding of the universe that true science has to offer. That most certainly is not 'nothing'...
Old 10-09-2004, 08:13 PM

Hey phox-

Congrats for Gordon Hinckley's award. Looks like he made an impact.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"i grew up in hawaii and california."

Now we understand!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by bdramsey
Hey phox-

Congrats for Gordon Hinckley's award. Looks like he made an impact.
What award?

I'm not a faithful member, I just pretend I know alot.

phox
Old 10-10-2004, 08:21 AM

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595096415,00.html

Here's the link.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile Bible

"BIBLE" "B"asic "I"nstructions "B"efore "L"eaving "E"arth

christianity is not a religon it is an experience!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Chapter President

ftltmp,
Catchty............I like that .

Old 10-10-2004, 08:07 PM

t-7 firefighter,

No. I was not scared into becoming a Christian. I was a Christian several years before I began to realize just what a horrible place hell is. However if someone recognizes that there is a hell and that causes them to turn to Jesus then there is nothing wrong with that.

Instead of telling those of us that are Christians how wrong our beliefs are why don't you tell us why what you believe is right? Many people take certain Bible verses out of context or take just a part of someone's belief and make fun of it or say they could never believe that when really that person is looking for an excuse to make the Bible sound unbelievable to justify their own belief. The reason people hate the Bible is that it tells us what sin is and then gives us a specific plan to save us from that sin. Man never wants to accept God's way but wants to make a way of his own.

See if you can explain your beliefs without putting down the beliefs of someone else. I really think that was the original intent of this post.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:31 PM

right on ftltmp!
Old 10-10-2004, 09:13 PM

t-7 firefighter,

No. I was not scared into becoming a Christian. I was a Christian several years before I began to realize just what a horrible place hell is. However if someone recognizes that there is a hell and that causes them to turn to Jesus then there is nothing wrong with that.

Instead of telling those of us that are Christians how wrong our beliefs are why don't you tell us why what you believe is right? Many people take certain Bible verses out of context or take just a part of someone's belief and make fun of it or say they could never believe that when really that person is looking for an excuse to make the Bible sound unbelievable to justify their own belief. The reason people hate the Bible is that it tells us what sin is and then gives us a specific plan to save us from that sin. Man never wants to accept God's way but wants to make a way of his own.

See if you can explain your beliefs without putting down the beliefs of someone else. I really think that was the original intent of this post.

Hello Joe,

First and foremost I don’t believe that I have put down anyone’s beliefs. If you have noticed on almost all my post I have said that each person is entitled to their belief. I have said repeatedly that I would never want to change anyone’s belief. No matter what it is.

Now that said, in my first post I pretty much summed up what I believe but I don’t mind posting it again.

I believe in god. Have for a very long time. I do not believe we came form nothing. I was raised in a Baptist church and went to church every time the doors were open. I never liked going. Even when I was young I couldn’t stand going to church. Yes I was forced to go but that is not the reason that I never liked it. Church just never fit with me. Even as a young child I couldn’t believe the stories in the bible like Jonah and the whale or great fish or whatever. I didn’t believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny either. Now as I have said before I am not mocking the bible but it is beyond me that people can believe in a book where there is a talking serpent, a talking burning bush, or a god that would ask you to give up your son as a burnt offering.
As I have learned on this thread, there are billions of people going to this so-called hell because they have NO opportunity of ever learning of Christianity. I cannot accept this. I couldn’t believe in a god that practiced this. Christianity makes up only 33% of the worlds population so according to Christians 66% of the worlds population is going to hell. Seems a bit elitist to me.
There is so much scientific evidence out there but as I also learned on this tread most Christians don’t or refuse to accept it. Their beliefs are so strong that they are unwilling to accept the solid facts. I guess they feel if they do they are somehow going against god. I don’t believe that science is going against the bible. In some cases it discounts portions of it but in others it reinforces it. One example is the great flood. There is scientific proof there was never an all-encompassing flood that covered the earth. There were also 3-4 flood legends that predate the bible. It is conceivable that these legends were recorded in the bible because they considered the story to be a moral one. I would have no trouble believing in this but I cannot take it as literal history. What bothers me is when there are solid scientific facts some Christians choose to not believe in them. Just because you don’t believe in the facts doesn’t make them false. But they will try to explain them away because it would make them question what they really believe.
Yes a lot of stories in the bible, especially the Old Testament don’t seem any different than mythology to me.

The reason people hate the Bible is that it tells us what sin is and then gives us a specific plan to save us from that sin. Man never wants to accept God's way but wants to make a way of his own
I don’t hate the bible. Never have. Just don’t believe some of it. I have never been able to understand how someone could take it as a literal translation of history when there are scientific facts proving otherwise. I know that there are those that will say that man is fallible and not to trust what they say. I guess you have to make up your own mind. I have just as you have.

If I have come across as condescending I apologize. I never meant to. It is a two way street though.

Britt

Old 10-11-2004, 06:07 AM
Banned

I'm back

Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
Hello Joe,

First and foremost I don’t believe that I have put down anyone’s beliefs. If you have noticed on almost all my post I have said that each person is entitled to their belief. I have said repeatedly that I would never want to change anyone’s belief. No matter what it is.

Why do you feel this way............Do you realize that falsely interpeting the bible to someone who's never tried to learn on their own is one of the major things god said not to do I think its on the last page of the bible ..Maybe you have some bible roots installed into you and you dont even know it.

Now that said, in my first post I pretty much summed up what I believe but I don’t mind posting it again.

I believe in god. Have for a very long time. I do not believe we came form nothing. I was raised in a Baptist church and went to church every time the doors were open. I never liked going. Even when I was young I couldn’t stand going to church.

I dont think there are many kids who enjoy curch I never liked it either When your young your prioritys are diffrent just because you never wanted to be there dont mean that its your destiny to not beleave its just what most kids do ...dont be so hard on yourself brother

Yes I was forced to go but that is not the reason that I never liked it. Church just never fit with me. Even as a young child I couldn’t believe the stories in the bible like Jonah and the whale or great fish or whatever. I didn’t believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny either.

santa and the easter bunny beleafs are installed into you by your enviroment and when your a child it consists of mostly your parents so one could interpet this as maybe your parents didnt joke around and try to keep you an innocent child by subjecting you to such legends ...also most kids just put on beleaving them so they can get candy and presents its how life as a child revolves

Now as I have said before I am not mocking the bible but it is beyond me that people can believe in a book where there is a talking serpent, a talking burning bush, or a god that would ask you to give up your son as a burnt offering.

Again time after time you counterdict your self read your post and look at your self your all misscombubulated ........You sound like your afraid to come to grips with how you think.....thats normal wikid thoughts are in everyones mind this dont mean your evil just human and our socity has taught us thing in witch runs threw our minds and leaves us feeling dirty..they are unavoidable now adays wikidtry is everywhere even in the chruch its up to you to deciper whats right and wrong its seem that your thinking wrong but trying to write what is right .....I have your fix you are just like I was before I started to understand

As I have learned on this thread, there are billions of people going to this so-called hell because they have NO opportunity of ever learning of Christianity. I cannot accept this.

your 50 % right here I asked this same question when I was just like you and I was told "even the man stranded in the desert all his life will have a chance to hear the truth and choise his path" And no man is to judge another man (rather he's going to heaven/hell) for WE ARE ONLY HUMAN and we are not richious enogh to judge anyone because we to are guilty for our own sins ...no man is with out sin ...no one!!!!!

I couldn’t believe in a god that practiced this. Christianity makes up only 33% of the worlds population so according to Christians 66% of the worlds population is going to hell.

wrong you've been brainwashed my friend no christian would ever say that any one is damned to hell or they just damned there self

Seems a bit elitist to me.
There is so much scientific evidence out there but as I also learned on this tread most Christians don’t or refuse to accept it. Their beliefs are so strong that they are unwilling to accept the solid facts.

solid facts says who.....MAN .......he will fail you for he is only human we are not right god seen that god knows that thats why were here the 1 thing god will not change is HUMAN WILL you must love him on your own . he could make us love him but he wants you to choise to on your own

I guess they feel if they do they are somehow going against god. I don’t believe that science is going against the bible. In some cases it discounts portions of it but in others it reinforces it. One example is the great flood. There is scientific proof there was never an all-encompassing flood that covered the earth.

never say never if a scientist told you to get in to this ship and I'll fly you to the sun and there will be hundrend of unresistable women there would you get it??? there you are placing faith in man again

There were also 3-4 flood legends that predate the bible. It is conceivable that these legends were recorded in the bible because they considered the story to be a moral one I would have no trouble believing in this but I cannot take it as literal history. What bothers me is when there are solid scientific facts some Christians choose to not believe in them. Just because you don’t believe in the facts doesn’t make them false. But they will try to explain them away because it would make them question what they really believe.

your catorgizing religion way wrong man you make it sound like if you drive a dodge and your buddy talks how much better his ford is your not willing to think his is better because you dont want to make your self wrong. your looking @ it wrong its not a brand battle the diffrence is I want you to be right and be @ peace in your head to stop most of those wikid thoughts before they start .your not gone yet your just lost and I am to... to a point but Im going to get 100% soon Im about 70% now 5 years ago I was 15% and Im glad Im still alive .I telling you man its wierd and itll take time and it might not work for you but you got to remember god works in mysterious ways ,,,,,ways you'd never beleave he can reach in and grab you when your @ your wikidest point and make things seam right.

Yes a lot of stories in the bible, especially the Old Testament don’t seem any different than mythology to me.

we now live to the new testment Id suggest skiping the old testimate it'll just confuse you right now I think Ive read the first pages of the bible about 50 times ..you can always go back and read the old testimate Id stay out of revelations for now it'll scare you away.

I don’t hate the bible. Never have. Just don’t believe some of it.

you mean understand some of it

I have never been able to understand how someone could take it as a literal translation ofhistory when there are scientific facts proving otherwise.

heres your almighty scientist again

I know that there are those that will say that man is fallible and not to trust what they say. I guess you have to make up your own mind. I have just as you have.

right and Im glad your willing to concider the fact that you might be wrong as I am of me but Im not trusting myself to be right as you are I have a team of members on my side telling me what to type and they can help you to

If I have come across as condescending I apologize. I never meant to. It is a two way street though.

If I have come across as condescending I apologize. I never meant to. It is a two way street though.------------ SAME HERE always think for yourself and reach your own conclusions dont take no scienctist word for it he maybe wrong and its a big gamble dont qoute me as I dont want to tell you something wrong Im nobody to be helping Im just human and Im not skilled enough to be teaching any of this I just see you as me and how I am and think that maybe the same thing that opened my eyes no matter how stupid it may sound its how I was reached

Britt

[COLOR=r

now for a glimps of what helped me if your interested PM me for more info.

There's no story that ain't been told
There's ain't no gimick that ain't been sold
There's no ocean that never been swam
There's no jobber that ain't been slamed
There ain't no road that ain't been traveled
There ain't no doctor that ain't been baffled
Ain't no thug that never cried
Ain't no preacher that never lied
There's no rumor that ain't been passed
Ain't no question that no one asked
There's no tree that won't get chopped
There's no bomb that won't get dropped