Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Biblical References

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biblical References

This is just a thread where all the religeous topics can be discussed. When folks come in here they should be prepared for others to dispute thier stand. Take it with a grain of salt and go on. Folks, be courteous about your post please. The two most potent discussions are politics and religion. Don't let it cause problems in friendships. I will start with this statment about myself.
I am a Christian, not a Sunday only Christian. I go to church. I pray, I also repent when I screw up. I believe that marraige is between a man and a woman, I hate divorce, I also believe that we are living in the last days prophecied in the Bible. It doesn't matter how much I screw up, or what I do to screw up, in the Bible it is written, that God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins if we confess them. We will all fail, but to learn from the failures and work harder to prevent them is what God wants to see. That is my belief. I don't believe in evolution, I do believe in adaptation. I believe what is written in the Bible. The Bible is Israel's history book, to dispute the events or occourences inside it would be no different than disputing the history of the United States, or Europe. I was not there when the Bible was written, no more than I was there when the events took place in our own American history. I disagree with Carbon dating, if you have a clock, you can check that clock against other clocks. there has not been enough time pass to verify carbon dating techniques. There are two websites that I find to be interesting.

http://www.thewayofthemaster.com/
http://www.endtime.com/
Old 09-27-2004, 09:58 PM
DPG

More than the history of Isreal, the Bible is the inspired Word of God. There are quite a few here that believe as you do. As for carbon dating, I think that God can make things appear however He wants. New, old ancient, whatever.

DeWain
Old 09-27-2004, 10:04 PM

Ispired word of God, exactly. I was trying to create a reference for the folks that think the Bible is just some book written by a bunch of psycologists that dreamed of a euphoric society. Or folks that did'nt want anyone to have fun.
I should have specified that in the post..... many apologies.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:18 AM

Old 09-28-2004, 07:32 AM

To God goes all the glory for all good things in my life!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay, here we go. I believe in God. I believe he created this planet and created us in his own image. I also believe that life here on Earth has evolved, it simply has to. I believe carbon dating does not threaten this theory at all. In fact, I believe God gives these tools to us so we may challenge those who do not believe in creation.

Since man wrote the Bible I believe it contains questionable stories, but that does not mean it is fiction, rather God's will has been interpreted by man. Hence it can contain errors and stories rather than the truth.

I guess you can call me a "buffet Christian" in that I pick and choose the parts I like, but I believe God understand my motives by my thoughts, prayers, and deeds.

I believe I'm forgiven and while I challenge conventional religion teaching, and I disagree with God from time to time, however, I'll make it to Heaven and be a "sweeper of the streets of gold"

And people who disagree with me can go to ****!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by Geico266
I disagree with God from time to time
That's kinda rough to digest. Why would you disagree with somebody who is never wrong?

I believe the Bible was God Breathed, in other words, God gave the thoughts and idea's, and each writer wrote it down in his individual styles.

Merrick
Old 09-28-2004, 10:11 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It is His word and His Word is never changing.
All Glory and Honor be to The Father God, The Son Jesus and the Holy Sprit that indwells all believers that Believe Christ took our sins away by his Death and gave us Everlasting Life by His Resurrection 3 days later
You need only to confess your Sins and accept His Pardon to Be Granted Everlasting Life.

In His Service
Old 09-28-2004, 10:30 AM

How can any belief that can 'never be wrong' ever be 'right'? Meaning, the terms right or correct have no meaning when a belief by definition can never be wrong. Given that, how can you know that any one particular religious belief is more correct than any other?
Old 09-28-2004, 11:23 AM

I too have disagreed with God at times in my life. Only to wake up later and realize just how wrong I was. I thank Him that I was given the opportunity to wake up.

First things first.....

PAX

Matt
Old 09-28-2004, 11:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." (Matt. 24:35 NIV)
Old 09-28-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you never doubted your faith? Even on the cross Jesus said "Father, why have you forsaken me". Every human doubts his faith from time to time, even atheists! LOL.

My faith is between me and my God. I know where I stand right now is right with my God. It might not be right for you, but thats okay.

It never ceases to amaze me why people try to impose their reliegion on others. We based this country on religious freedom, not conformity.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Geico266 Have you never doubted your faith? Even on the cross Jesus said "Father, why have you forsaken me". Every human doubts his faith from time to time, even atheists! LOL.
Yes, even atheists. Where there can be no doubt there can be no truth.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:02 PM

That's why I made this thread, just so people can hold a discussion. Christianity.... true christianity.... can have different titles, as long as the point is the same. For example: some people may say they are protestant, some may say they are catholic, some may say they are mormon. The title is not what matters, but the belief is what matters. Just as Jesus said "anyone that enters not by the gate is a thief and a robber" (John 10:1-7), "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the father except by me" (John 14:6). The fool in his heart has said that there is no god (psalms 53:1)

to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a single person besides Jesus Christ that has the authority to know how to get into heaven. Is there anyone out there that has experiance, i.e. died went to heaven and came back to tell us all how to get there?

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Is there is no other authority, then how can God, or God's word be wrong? God is God, if he said there is a 3 headed cat, then there is a 3 headed cat. Simply because of his power can every word that proceeds out of his mouth be true and real.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by ramlovingvet
It is His word and His Word is never changing.
All Glory and Honor be to The Father God, The Son Jesus and the Holy Sprit that indwells all believers that Believe Christ took our sins away by his Death and gave us Everlasting Life by His Resurrection 3 days later
You need only to confess your Sins and accept His Pardon to Be Granted Everlasting Life.

In His Service
Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

had to add a tad more alot of folks will confess and repent, but when the fire comes they fail and it puts a bad taste in thier mouth. One of the problems plaguing today's church. Only in America can you have 3 churches and a topless bar at the same intersection.

Lu 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels.