Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Best and worst US presidents?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CMNS,

Actually you were not in mind when I posted my remarks.

And again, you miss my point. It doesn't matter whether the president is for or against abortion. The fact IS that abortion is happening anyway, whether the president agrees with it or not. So, the point is moot.

And besides, you being an East Texas girl.......... I know your mama told you just like my mama told me........ You go to hell for lyin' same as anything else.
I am referring to the current administration.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by pogorules
So, let me get this straight.........If I dont think Bushie Jr. is a good president, and I think that he has really screwed up in Iraq..... I am anti-American and a woose besides?

Haha, that's rich.

Me being able to point out deficiencies in my country is a right my father spent 3 years in Africa and Europe fighting for. I guarantee you if he was alive now, he would be in doubt of Bushie's handling of this war just as he was sure of the mishandling of Viet Nam.

I voted for Bush, I regret it. I wont make the same mistake twice.

If he is sending our kids to Iraq to find WMD, (one of the excuses he tried to come up with to justify the war) Then why not send Americans to North Korea? We KNOW they have nukes and are crazy enough to use them.
If we are there to fight terrorism, why did we not finish the job in Afghanistan? Why arent we fighting the country that sent 18 people to hit the Towers (Saudi Arabia) Think about this folks!
Some say that they wont vote for kerry because he will allow unborn baby's to be aborted.......... DUHHHHH, they are being aborted under Bush.

I dont like Kerry any more than I do Bush, they are both crooks as are all politicians. But somethings gotta give.
Bush is really making hay about how he has pushed through a bill for prescription drug help for those on medicare. How he has saved everybody all this money.

Well, he gave the pharmaceutical companys several billion dollars to offset the costs of prescription drugs, then IMMEDIATELY the drug company's raised the prices of all drugs.
What does that mean? It means Bush just HANDED OVER several billions of YOUR TAX DOLLARS! A gift, no more, no less.

I believe history will show that Bush and his cronies were the biggiest thieves and traitors to their countrymen in years.

When you send American boys to war, to die, for unsrupulous reasons, such as enabling Halliburton and BIG OIL to reap windfall profits, You are a Benedict Arnold.

Before you start flaming, just think about things. Think about the spins and lies that have been told to us by the government. Use some common sense.

Now, FLAME AWAY BOYS.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said!!!

Old 08-11-2004, 12:38 AM

Pogorules, as a Christian I cannot vote for someone who supports abortion. As a Christian I cannot support someone who is trying to dumbdown the Gay debate by calling it "Civil Unions" and think that is alright. I don't want to explain to my daughter why so and so has two mommies! That is my concern. What do you think this country will look like in 30 or 40 years if we allow this? You think kids are messed up know just wait. When we are all judged by our maker and He ask why we voted for someone who supported killing babies I would hate to look at him and say "well Bush lied to us" What do you think he will say???????

As far as Bush lying, the truth is starting to come out finally that Bush told the facts as he (and ALL of Congress and ALL of the Senate) knew them to be at the time. So that arguement doesn't hold water. What it boils down to is Democrats are going to believe what ever it takes to elect Kerry and not look honestly at his record and weigh it to what they actually believe.

Cumminnotstroken, why is it our job to support everyones kids??? If people are irresponsible why should we have to pay???? I support my child and I know alot of other people that do. Why should we have to support someone who is to worthless to support their own?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:42 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by cumminnotstrokn
It really amazes me how these conservatives And the church can spew abortion is killing babies, and we need to end welfare. They should put their money where their mouth is and start a fund to help raise these kids if they want to outlaw abortion. I don't see any wallets opening! Any of you that have raised any know it cost a bundle these days. I guess raising them at a poverty level will make this a better country yes you have all the answers.
Do you have any Idea how many Christian Couples are waiting to adopt such babies? Do some research before you Spew. No Baby would be left homeless people wait years to adopt.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:21 AM

Pogo, you are still missing my point. I do NOT want to put my name and vote, towards a man who CONDONES abortion, that puts blood on my hands. If you sit and watch your buddy kill his wife, and don't to anything to stop it, you are JUST as guilty, right? So by voting for Kerry I am just as guilty of aborting babies as the woman who do it. By voting for Bush, I am voting for a man who is against abortion.

Also, you called Bush a liar. I don't recall Bush on stand, UNDER OATH, lying to me. the ONLY thing you have on Bush that he "lied" about was the WMD. It has already been proven that he was told that they exhisted and he did NOT lie to us. so DROP it.

Barry Smith, right on.

Ramlovinvet, so so true
Old 08-11-2004, 10:38 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WOOHOO YOU GO GIRL!!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:34 PM

Well,

I guess this is why they say to never talk about politics or religion. Everyone knows that they are right and the other person is wrong.
None of us are going to change the others opinions even when they are faced with facts.
It's been fun!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:04 PM

Well Pogo the way I look at it is, we all have Cummins motors in our trucks, so we are the smartest breed of people in this country, even if we do disagree. I also just noticed you have the same exact truck as me except color, so you aint 1/2 bad.

-Amanda-