Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Best Burger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Burger?

Well with all the food talk lately, where is the best burger you have ever had? And your homeade special doesn't count, although I am sure it is great

Whimpy's, Vernal, UT 1/2 pound, cheese, greasy, nothing fancy just good. They also had a double and tripple version.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuddruckers has the best sit-down burgers around.

In-N-Out fast food burgers stomp the earthworms out of whatever "What-A-Burgers" and "Whimpy's" you East-of-the-Colorado folks have. If I have to eat a fast food burger from somplace that isn't In-N-Out, Wendy's or Carl's Jr works. MacDonald's, Dairy Queen and Burger King burgers are terrible. Jack-in-the-Box burgers are bad too, but they got all the other goodies; I'd rather have something from Chick-Fil-A, Arby's or Subway.

The worst burgers are White Castle. To avoid getting into it, I WILL NEVER eat at White Castle again.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM

For fast food IN-N-OUT hands down. Nothing even comes close.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For those of us uninformed individuals who think Whataburgers are pretty darned good, does "IN-N-OUT" have anything to do with the way one's gastrointestinal tract reacts to the burgers??

Rusty
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

In-N-Out is hands down the best fast food burger. But an old fashioned greasy burger is even better IMHO...
Old 01-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RustyJC
For those of us uninformed individuals who think Whataburgers are pretty darned good, does "IN-N-OUT" have anything to do with the way one's gastrointestinal tract reacts to the burgers??

Rusty
Oh no no no no no no....

The feeling after quaffing a couple double-doubles with a vanilla milk shake and tray of fries is more enjoyable than the after-Thanksgiving couch rush. In-N-Out is high quality stuff, better than the majority of restaurant burgers. Actually, I'd go as far as to say they're the best plain-jane burgers on the planet. They just kind of settle down into your stomach and create an absolute euphoria of digestion. Eating In-N-Out is one of those moments that establish parameters around your outlook on food; when it comes to rib-sticking beef patties that will stay tasty hours after they've went down, In-N-Out is unmatched
Old 01-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

I would have to say Rally's, Frische's Big Boy,Logan's Roadhouse
Old 01-24-2007, 03:23 PM

I'm with Beagle on this one... Fuddruckers grinds their own hamburger every day and use quality cuts of meat to start- allows them to do burgers OTHER than well-done (like medium, pink in the middle)

NEVER had a bad experience at one... wish we had one in Southern Colorado... I don't get to Denver much...

Everything else Beagle mentioned is dead on... White castle
Only one I'd add is Culvers.. they're decent.. I'd put them just below In-and-Out... had a Fatburger, and would put it below Culvers...
Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Lunyfringe, Hey those white Castles are pretty good about midnight.LOL
Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by RustyJC

Rusty
it refers to the efficiency of their system.. they are FAST- but still very high quality...

I still remember the craze in the '80s of hacking up a bumper sticker from them.. removing the 'B' and last 'R' from it. to make a sticker that said:

>Censored<

Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Lunyfringe, Hey those white Castles are pretty good about midnight.LOL
and DIRT doesn't taste TOO bad after you leave the bar at 2am...
Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM

How about

A chain inn oregon called "Red Robin". But nothing beats my 50/50 mixof lean beef and venison, with worchestershire, smoke, and tiny chopped up mushrooms that I saute first.
Red onion, red lettuce, mustard and mayo, dills, and toast the bun. Put it upside down, so it doesn't soak the bun, and wow.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:57 PM

backyard burgers..
Old 01-24-2007, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by HappyGA
backyard burgers..
Those are good I have to agree, but I still prefer Culver's by a nose. Mainly the ButterBurgers

http://www.culvers.com/Menu/MenuBoard.aspx
Old 01-24-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hankpac
A chain inn oregon called "Red Robin". But nothing beats my 50/50 mixof lean beef and venison, with worchestershire, smoke, and tiny chopped up mushrooms that I saute first.
Red onion, red lettuce, mustard and mayo, dills, and toast the bun. Put it upside down, so it doesn't soak the bun, and wow.
Sounds great, but in this category I'll take a Mooseburger any day... haven't had one since I left Alaska, tho...

and I forgot about Red Robin... they're here in Colorado, too... they've definately got a special category for gourmet/ unusual toppings.. they have one with an egg on it that I love...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Livingston bar and grill

Quick Reply: Best Burger?