Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

BANKS prototype twin set-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:47 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANKS prototype twin set-up

SPIKE TV is airing a show on Sunday mornings called " X-Treme 4X4".
They are building a tow-rig out of an old suburban and installing a crate Duramax.
Banks is designing a new twin turbo kit for the engine, its a prototype an dif it works well, they are going to put it into production.
I know... its not a Cummins, but its still pretty interesting to watch....
Old 08-19-2005, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I laughed for an hour straight at the end of the show when Bank$ says "over a 1000 ft/lbs of torque!" and Ian echoed him. I really have no respect for the Bank$$$$. The intake looks ok, but I really can't see all that piping happening under a stock dmax hood. I think he expects everyone to have $10k laying around to do their own dmax/allison swap.

brandon.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ian

Is a moron, period, Banks parts, well, there are remnants of banks powerpack parts in my rig, too much money for not enough kick in the butt, Ive said it before, and ill say it again, good deal if you have money and want moderate (low end moderate) BOMBS...

I agree with brandon, there really is no room under that duramax to have that twin piping under there, its not as easy as it is with a cummins to put twins, come to think of it I havent really seen much of a twin turbo powerstroke, except JOhnboy on TDS with his old pullin rig...

750 hp and 1000 lb feet of TQ... if you ask me that seems to defeat the true purpose of a diesel and is makin it more like a gas engine.. If u watched that show too, he dont like smoke, its lost power, yeah it is, but it makes for a good show tho

Personally i think its outta whack, i like TQ monsters, not really HP eve though the higher the HP the higher the TQ capability... Id lay down my money on a good ol cummins anyday, as we all know our engines will produce more TQ even at 400 Hp than that humthing that they have goin on..

Tx