Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

AWSOME....so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up AWSOME....so far

Greetings all, I just bought a 99 Dodge 3500 5.9 5sp diesel 24valve $9k.
Anyway, as a Corvette owner as well, this is cool.

I just use it to drive around town, carry some of my students to different events, when I don't need a bus. I filled her up two days ago and now the fuel gauge reflects it has gone down one line and I have driven it for 125 miles. That to me, is pretty cool.

I like the way it looks, it is not hard at all to drive, it has power. I feel as comfortable on her as I do in the car. It has nothing out of the ordinary everything is stock and I am reading as much as I can on this site to become better familirized with it. I understand it does not use spark plugs and it does shutter when I shut it down, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What should I expect? Are these trucks that much better than anything else on the road. I feel very fortunate to have found it and to have bought it. Looking forward to what appears will be many road trips on this bad boy. Where can I get some inexpensive rails so my wife can climb aboard this thing. Thanks everyone for taking the time.

Carlos
Old 09-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it doesn't have a fuel pressure gauge, install one. and check it more often than any other gauge.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by cpo5969
Greetings all, I just bought a 99 Dodge 3500 5.9 5sp diesel 24valve $9k.
Anyway, as a Corvette owner as well, this is cool.

I just use it to drive around town, carry some of my students to different events, when I don't need a bus. I filled her up two days ago and now the fuel gauge reflects it has gone down one line and I have driven it for 125 miles. That to me, is pretty cool.

I like the way it looks, it is not hard at all to drive, it has power. I feel as comfortable on her as I do in the car. It has nothing out of the ordinary everything is stock and I am reading as much as I can on this site to become better familirized with it. I understand it does not use spark plugs and it does shutter when I shut it down, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What should I expect? Are these trucks that much better than anything else on the road. I feel very fortunate to have found it and to have bought it. Looking forward to what appears will be many road trips on this bad boy. Where can I get some inexpensive rails so my wife can climb aboard this thing. Thanks everyone for taking the time.

Carlos
Welcome to the DTR family.
on the truck,.....Nice choice.
Keep the oil & filter changed, change the fuel filter every other oil change.
(Buy your filters somewhere other than the Dodge dealer)
Dodge wants $47 for the same filter you can buy from a Cummins parts store or online for ~$15.

A full time fuel pressure gauge is a "must have" for your first accessory.
Other than that.....drive and enjoy.