Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

automatic wheel balancing rings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
automatic wheel balancing rings?

guy on a Rubicon forum runs these, says he don't have to balance his tires anymore.

on a side note, all the trailer stores have told me they don't balance the trailer tires (like the 15 inch pre-mounted rims and tires) is that normal, why?

http://www.centramatic.com/Demo/demo.php

"Weights in Centramatic's aluminum balancing ring move opposite of out of balance points with wheel rotation by centrifugal force, at any speed. The wheel is dynamically and statically balanced at all times. Old fashioned lead weights are attached and can't move."

5-year unlimited mile warranty
Old 08-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the centramatics and have been happy with them. I still had my wheels balanced when I got new tires, even though it probably wasn't necessary. Truck drives very smooth with them.
mishkaya
Old 08-28-2005, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They work in theory, but think about this. In order for the weights to move to ballance the tires, they need to feel the inballance. If they feel it, you'll feel it. I've known people who have tried running those, and they say the ballance seems to come and go, and isn't consistent. I can understand that, since any outside force can move the weights, such as hitting bumps. You hit a bump, the weights all move toward the point of impact, throwing off the ballance for a couple seconds until they reballance themselves. With the number of bumps on our roads up here, the tires would never be ballanced!

Spend the money and have them computer ballanced. Better yet, if you tow (what else would you do with your truck?) have them road-force ballanced. They put the tires up against a roller to simulate road conditions and how the tires will react to having actual pressure on them.

Jim