Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

ASE Test ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASE Test ???

Howdy folks,
I've got a couple ASE tests coming up and I'm just curious what those of you who have taken it thought about it. I'm taking T3 heavy duty drivetrain and The PMI test. I have a set of the motorage study books that I have been over a couple times and I think I understand it pretty well, just wondering if anybody would have any other tips on taking these two tests.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Muted User

I have 8 auto certs.(master status), and there getting tougher to keep hold off with all the new technology's. I actually went back to college part time and got a computer science degree, now I'm in training for a bank manager, what a career turn, it was either this or an auto instructor at a school or college(but I would have re- certify a few tests again to catch up),but the college burned me out on tests. So I'm changing careers for now. Those tests really pick your brain, know it forward and backwards because they seem like they know what your thinking, it how to word it to screw you up, probably not what you wanted to hear I know. Good Luck!
Old 11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Good luck

I took an ABC test one time.....didn't do too well in THAT one either.

With Automotive technology changing every day it's GOTTA be a bear to keep up.
My hat's off to you guys.

Example:
We had a Doctor come into our Volvo dealer back in the 70's.
Repeat "Only happens sometimes" problem.
Was chewing out one of the service advisors when the Wise old service manager walked by.
"This is the third time I've had to bring my car in here for the same problem."
"Why don't you train these guys?"
"I spent 8 years in college studying to get my degree before I could hang up my shingle."
And my patients would NEVER have to come back three times for the same problem.

"Hey Doc, you only have to work on two models, Males & Females, and their components haven't changed in 5 thousand years.
These guys have to keep up with 4 different models and changes in components that occur at least once a year, sometimes more."
And as for "Come-Backs",......You bury yours."

Doc went quietly back to the waiting room.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:07 AM

I am Master Medium/Heavy ASE certified. The only thing I can say about passing an ASE test is you need hands on learning. Those tests are as real world as it gets. And not just one specific brand, but all of them. Good luck and just have a positive attitude and you will make it.

p.s. That PMI test was the hardest for me. I dont change oil, anad never have. I never dreamed there was so much involved in PM work