Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Argh!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Argh!!

Does anyone have any remedies to an ant infestation?!?! I have sprayed, powdered, bombed, and done everything short of burning the house down, and I thought I got rid of them, but I went to the kitchen earlier and there were ants in my sink! I clean the kitchen every night and they STILL come back! Worst of all...THEY GOT INTO MY CHEERIOS!!! AHHHH!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
If they are the small brown ants, they are probably Pharoh ants. They are pesky. Word of caution - - if you spray them they know they are being attacked and create more queens to go out and start new nests. They do not need to go outside for moisture - - they will live in your walls. You must feed them bait so they take it to the queen and feed her - - kill her, you kill the nest.

I make my own bait out of peanut butter and boric acid. However, Combat makes one of the best baits I have used. It is Combat Ant Killing Gel. It comes in a small box, but is like a big hypo needle inside. Put a couple drops in the trail of the ants and they will gather around it and feed. You have to keep refreshing it for several days. Suddenly you will find you are having a problem finding them. Keep a fresh drop or two around in the same place for about a week for the new hatchlings (is that what you call them). Once mama is dead, the rest soon follow. It can take sometimes two weeks to get rid of them.

Bob
Old 04-13-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
... However, Combat makes one of the best baits I have used. It is Combat Ant Killing Gel. It comes in a small box, but is like a big hypo needle inside. Put a couple drops in the trail of the ants and they will gather around it and feed.

Bob
I can not agree more with Bob on the Combat Gel. That stuff works!!!
You put it in the area you see them and they come to it like bees to honey. The thing NOT TO DO is kill them as they are eating it. It is pretty nasty, because you can have 100 or more ants eating at one time and there is great temptation to kill all that you see.
YOU HAVE TO LET THEM EAT IT AND TAKE THE REST BACK TO THE COLONY!!!

~Rob
Old 04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am not a big fan of Combat jell it always gives me gas and leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Old 04-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I am not a big fan of Combat jell it always gives me gas and leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Ill have to get some of this...I have tried the boric acid trick and it didnt work...these are stupid little black ants...the whole town has a problem with them..its almost like there is just one big colony that lives under this town...
Old 04-13-2006, 05:48 PM

A little bleach and water mix in a spray bottle works great as well. It is a real irritant to them. Spray their normal routes and down into holes they climb through like under base board moldings, etc. You will need to bait them too so you kill the queen as stated above but they may just move if they continually get into the bleach.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate **** ants. I know how it feels to have ants in my pants. Yes, it happend to me once. Wife about wet her pants. That is one thing that will make me go off the deep end.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
That is for two reasons: First it does not agree with the picture on your drivers license; Second you are not an ant. An uncle maybe...
Old 04-13-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
I hate **** ants. I know how it feels to have ants in my pants. Yes, it happend to me once. Wife about wet her pants. That is one thing that will make me go off the deep end.
You haven't had an ant problem until the Florida fire ants sneak into your bed at 3 am and start biting you all over. I had red puss filled welts that took a month to heal. I used Amdro on them and it got rid of them quick. One reason I don't live there anymore.

I got the black ants up here in Coffeyville also. I'll have to try the Combat Gel. I've tried other ant bait and spraying but they're back again. I think if it's drier than normal they will come up more for moisture.

Edwin
Old 04-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
You haven't had an ant problem until the Florida fire ants sneak into your bed at 3 am and start biting you all over. I had red puss filled welts that took a month to heal. I used Amdro on them and it got rid of them quick. One reason I don't live there anymore.
Compared to Patteto Bugs in bed, the fire ants are perfectly acceptable.

Somebody comes up with a way to "kill" these things and I'd give you a third or fourth born daughter.

I've had TWO in my bed before. ONCE I crawled into bed and it bit me on the thigh, WAY TOO CLOSE to NEVER being able to get intimate EVER AGAIN.

I guess that they like to crawl into moist and warm places, and after some nights my bed qualifies.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:25 AM

Ok so this post went from me having a problem with ants in my kitchen to Begle getting intimate in bed with the infamous Pootata bug....wow.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:43 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Rat, I used to have aunts in the kitchen too, but when I got divorced they disappearred.....shame too, they were good cooks.....
Old 04-14-2006, 01:55 AM

no...ANTS..not aUnts...
Old 04-14-2006, 01:58 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Yea Aunts..those little pesky things that get into everything and generaly act like they own the place......

Rat, the Combat Gel doesnt get my teeth nearly as white as Colgate Paste does.....
but it does kick butt on the ants....Aunts too if ya put it in their food........
Old 04-14-2006, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Yea Aunts..those little pesky things that get into everything and generaly act like they own the place......

Closely related to mother-in-laws !!!

PISTOL

Quick Reply: Argh!!