Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Arab Emerates taking over the shipping ports

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... yea, but you do not have to take everything so 'verbatim' ...
Old 02-25-2006, 10:33 PM

Here is a link to an article that has some interesting things to say on this. http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htmurph/articles/20060224.aspx

strategypage.com has much interesting information on the military and what is going on. I have made it one of my top three webpages that I spend all my time on.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:41 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Yesterday I posted a link to a very interesting article in the thread "America, today you are under attack". Now I have just found something else that sort of ties in with what I posted yesterday. Could what this guy says be true? Here it is:

Dubai ports takeover linked to Iran attack?
Posted: February 25, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi

Is the Bush administration's recent deal to allow the Dubai government effectively to take over control of container and stevedore operations in 22 U.S. ports part of a secret plan to launch a military strike on Iran?

Maybe the Dubai Ports World, or DPW, deal is the quid pro quo, the pay-off, for Dubai allowing us to use military facilities in the United Arab Emirates as staging points for a planned Iran attack?

Maybe the Bush administration is turning a blind eye to the extensive flight of capital and people from Iran to Iraq because the U.S. wants to protect those Iranians who can flee to Dubai (as well as the capital they bring with them) before a "shock and awe" military attack on Iran takes out the Ahmadinejad regime and all the mullahs who stay home with him? Strangely, the pieces begin to add up to these conclusions.

We have amply document that Dubai has been a welcome home for the capital flight from Iran as the mullahs and their cronies seek to find a safe haven for the billions they have stolen from the Iranian people. Dubai calculates that by the end of 2006, some $300 billion will have been moved from Iran to Dubai by over 400,000 Iranians. Over 7,000 Iranian companies operate in Dubai, and some 300,000 to 400,000 wealthy Iranians make Dubai their home some or all of the year. Billionaire former President Akbar Hashami Rafsanjani owns vacation resorts on Dubai's world-class beaches.

Meanwhile, Iran announced last week that 10 centrifuges have now gone operational at their uranium enrichment plant at Natanz. In meetings with leaders of Hamas, Iran agreed to fund the terrorist organization, making up the shortfall caused by the decision of the United States and Israel to withhold funds. Yet, in meetings with officials of the United Arab Emirates this week, there is no suggestion that Secretary Rice insisted that the UAE could face sanctions for continuing to support Iran.

Under pressure over the DPW deal, President Bush decided to emphasize how important the UAE was to the United States military, allowing us to us UAE military bases and ports for our troops, Air Force, and Navy warships, as well as for American military personnel on R&R from Iraq or Afghanistan. Suddenly we're told that Dubai has "turned around," reversing the previous open door policy to al-Qaida operatives and their money.

Maybe the secret agenda is that the United States needs the UAE bases to attack Iran successfully.

As a payoff for allowing the U.S. to use the UAE as a staging point in the Iran attack, the Bush administration agrees to push the DPW deal through in a "hush-hush" manner. Next, the government of Dubai raises $7 billion in government-guaranteed international debt so DPW, the government of Dubai's front company, does not have to use any equity capital to make the purchase. Then Dubai makes decades of huge profits by operating the container and stevedore activities in 22 East Coast and Gulf ports.

To allow Dubai to make money from all sides, the U.S. will allow UAE to function as an escape hatch for as many of the mullahs and their cronies that can get out of Iran before the war starts. Maybe it is all a "wink-wink" game where Dubai is involved, as long as we get to use Dubai bases in the planned attack on Iran.

No wonder Dubai is one of the wealthiest Arab states in the Middle East. As we "follow the money" on the DPW deal, how much more of America does the Bush administration plan to sell to our friends in Dubai?

Jerome R. Corsi received a Ph.D. from Harvard University in political science in 1972 and has written many books and articles, including co-authoring with John O'Neill the No. 1 New York Times best-seller, "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry." Dr. Corsi's most recent books include "Black Gold Stranglehold: The Myth of Scarcity and the Politics of Oil," which he co-authored with WND columnist Craig. R. Smith, and "Atomic Iran: How the Terrorist Regime Bought the Bomb and American Politicians."
Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by herb
Complete honesty. If i could find ANYTHING i could consider positive that had been acomplished by this administration i would gladly give him credit for it.
Herb, George W. Bush could find a cure for cancer and you would put a negative spin on it somehow...I can just see DNC Chairman Howard Dean's press release: "Bush's Cure Puts US's Oncologists in Unemployment Line."
Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gobucks
Herb, George W. Bush could find a cure for cancer and you would put a negative spin on it somehow...I can just see DNC Chairman Howard Dean's press release: "Bush's Cure Puts US's Oncologists in Unemployment Line."
The other side of this is die hard Republicans who will fight till the end every last incorrect word Bush utters. It's sad really.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Yesterday I posted a link to a very interesting article in the thread "America, today you are under attack". Now I have just found something else that sort of ties in with what I posted yesterday. Could what this guy says be true? Here it is:

Dubai ports takeover linked to Iran attack?
Posted: February 25, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi

Is the Bush administration's recent deal to allow the Dubai government effectively to take over control of container and stevedore operations in 22 U.S. ports part of a secret plan to launch a military strike on Iran?

Maybe the Dubai Ports World, or DPW, deal is the quid pro quo, the pay-off, for Dubai allowing us to use military facilities in the United Arab Emirates as staging points for a planned Iran attack?

Maybe the Bush administration is turning a blind eye to the extensive flight of capital and people from Iran to Iraq because the U.S. wants to protect those Iranians who can flee to Dubai (as well as the capital they bring with them) before a "shock and awe" military attack on Iran takes out the Ahmadinejad regime and all the mullahs who stay home with him? Strangely, the pieces begin to add up to these conclusions.

We have amply document that Dubai has been a welcome home for the capital flight from Iran as the mullahs and their cronies seek to find a safe haven for the billions they have stolen from the Iranian people. Dubai calculates that by the end of 2006, some $300 billion will have been moved from Iran to Dubai by over 400,000 Iranians. Over 7,000 Iranian companies operate in Dubai, and some 300,000 to 400,000 wealthy Iranians make Dubai their home some or all of the year. Billionaire former President Akbar Hashami Rafsanjani owns vacation resorts on Dubai's world-class beaches.

Meanwhile, Iran announced last week that 10 centrifuges have now gone operational at their uranium enrichment plant at Natanz. In meetings with leaders of Hamas, Iran agreed to fund the terrorist organization, making up the shortfall caused by the decision of the United States and Israel to withhold funds. Yet, in meetings with officials of the United Arab Emirates this week, there is no suggestion that Secretary Rice insisted that the UAE could face sanctions for continuing to support Iran.

Under pressure over the DPW deal, President Bush decided to emphasize how important the UAE was to the United States military, allowing us to us UAE military bases and ports for our troops, Air Force, and Navy warships, as well as for American military personnel on R&R from Iraq or Afghanistan. Suddenly we're told that Dubai has "turned around," reversing the previous open door policy to al-Qaida operatives and their money.

Maybe the secret agenda is that the United States needs the UAE bases to attack Iran successfully.

As a payoff for allowing the U.S. to use the UAE as a staging point in the Iran attack, the Bush administration agrees to push the DPW deal through in a "hush-hush" manner. Next, the government of Dubai raises $7 billion in government-guaranteed international debt so DPW, the government of Dubai's front company, does not have to use any equity capital to make the purchase. Then Dubai makes decades of huge profits by operating the container and stevedore activities in 22 East Coast and Gulf ports.

To allow Dubai to make money from all sides, the U.S. will allow UAE to function as an escape hatch for as many of the mullahs and their cronies that can get out of Iran before the war starts. Maybe it is all a "wink-wink" game where Dubai is involved, as long as we get to use Dubai bases in the planned attack on Iran.

No wonder Dubai is one of the wealthiest Arab states in the Middle East. As we "follow the money" on the DPW deal, how much more of America does the Bush administration plan to sell to our friends in Dubai?

Jerome R. Corsi received a Ph.D. from Harvard University in political science in 1972 and has written many books and articles, including co-authoring with John O'Neill the No. 1 New York Times best-seller, "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry." Dr. Corsi's most recent books include "Black Gold Stranglehold: The Myth of Scarcity and the Politics of Oil," which he co-authored with WND columnist Craig. R. Smith, and "Atomic Iran: How the Terrorist Regime Bought the Bomb and American Politicians."
I know you are going to label me an uninformed American that is putting my head in the sand, but that article does not even warrant a response. There's a whole lot of "maybes" and not much else...I understand Dubai and the UAE do business with their neighbor, Iran; and that this business will only increase as sanctions against Iran increase. But, we have benefited from close ties with UAE since the very early 70's and have utilized their ports since this time. They have been a very close ally in this war and I doubt this business deal is needed to continue that relationship. To beleive this article, you also have to believe that the US invasion of Iran is already in motion. I guess only time will tell...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by P.J
The other side of this is die hard Republicans who will fight till the end every last incorrect word Bush utters. It's sad really.
And, surprisingly enough, I agree with you. But by the venom in that response, it appears as though you are one of those leftists that will fight till the end against every correct word he utters, as well. How's that right? I am a Republican. I am a Republican because I align myself most usually with the ideological principles of this Party. I do not agree with any Republican on every issue...it's just not possible. I subscribe to the Reagan philosophy that anyone that agrees with me 80% of the time is my friend, not an enemy. In my business, a majority of my clients are in Cleveland and Toledo; this means I have to work very closely with Democrat office holders to fulfill my clients' request. I have no problems putting my politics aside after the campaign is over. This is the problem with a majority of our members of Congress, they simply can't put politics aside. Inherently, it's usually the side that's in the minority that has the biggest problem with this.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:41 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it appears as though you are one of those leftists that will fight till the end against every correct word he utters, as well. How's that right?
Whoa, I'm suprised you could tell I am "one of those" ny just one sentance!

I'm just a regular guy who NEEDS to be a skeptic, I have been lied to and stolen from by people whom I have trusted with my safety and money.

I see our government in for a rude awakening in the next 15 or so years. I just hope we can learn from our mistkes (yes, BUSH) and move on.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gobucks

Not true , if his administration were to find a cure i would gladley give them credit.
I wonder if the scientic community could more easily find the cure if they could use stem cell research?
Whoops , i think he outlawed it.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by herb
Not true , if his administration were to find a cure i would gladley give them credit.
I wonder if the scientic community could more easily find the cure if they could use stem cell research?
Whoops , i think he outlawed it.
See there you go again. Either misinformed or untrue. Bush did not outlaw anything to do with stem cell research. He forbid the spending of federal money on devolopment of fetal stem cells. If the research is that improtant Soros has the money to do the research, and the morals also.

All the left wing does is lie and twist facts. Anything to do away with the repubs and Bush, but nothing to say where they want to take the country. Oh yeah, they did, they want to raise taxes. After that they will probably raise welfare again. Yes and they also want to tuck our tail between our legs and run from Iraq, making it truly another Vietnam.

I put this out on a thread before, someone please, change my mind, what is the Democratic platform... that is other than replacing Bush.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:04 PM

[quote]
All the left wing does is lie and twist facts. Anything to do away with the repubs and Bush, but nothing to say where they want to take the country. Oh yeah, they did, they want to raise taxes.

"Read my lips...no more taxes" Now that's a blast from the past. I think 'ol W's pappy made that statement and it cost him a second term.So the dems aren't the only ones that raise taxes. How quick you forget.

Jim
Old 02-27-2006, 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=dezeldog]
All the left wing does is lie and twist facts. Anything to do away with the repubs and Bush, but nothing to say where they want to take the country. Oh yeah, they did, they want to raise taxes.

"Read my lips...no more taxes" Now that's a blast from the past. I think 'ol W's pappy made that statement and it cost him a second term.So the dems aren't the only ones that raise taxes. How quick you forget.

Jim
I don't forget and you said that correctly... and it cost him the second term, but.....

Still no takers on filling me in on the current platform of the Democrats, that is, other than raising taxes and getting rid of Bush.

See I really am at a loss as to what the Dems plan to do with the office if they get it. Who knows, a good plan I might even vote for a Dem But they have no idea what to do with the office if elected

They will probably spend the next four years mulling over what Bush did wrong. Think of the great speeches Teddy would make, and then go on a rampage investigating the histories of the Supreme Court appointees, trying to find some way to disqualify them and get them off the bench.

At least Bush has been trying to do things for this country.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Haulin_in_Dixie]
Originally Posted by dezeldog

Still no takers on filling me in on the current platform of the Democrats, that is, other than raising taxes and getting rid of Bush.
You can't exactly say that the GOP has any definitive platform either. They just have the benefit that they can say "just keep doin' what we have been doin'".
Old 02-27-2006, 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=Begle1]
Originally Posted by Haulin_in_Dixie

You can't exactly say that the GOP has any definitive platform either. They just have the benefit that they can say "just keep doin' what we have been doin'".
Proves my point I guess, still no platform, only double talk.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:00 PM

Oh the GOP has a plan alright, it's called cover your donkey. Lets see they're trying to end the war and get out of Iraq. Lets clean up this port situation before that gets outta hand and we darn sure have to do something about the illegal aliens coming into this country like 40 going west. Basically just doing damage control, thats all that he has time for and let the next pres worry about the country.

JIm

Quick Reply: Arab Emerates taking over the shipping ports