Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Arab Emerates taking over the shipping ports

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arab Emerates taking over the shipping ports

Just saw it one the news. Has our leadership gone totally bonkers or what? I simply can not believe this.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
A guy on the news stated, "I'll get behind the idea just as soon as the President "Outsources" his Secret Service detail."

Why didn't they just ask Walmart to take it over?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:40 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Glad I am not the only one to see the danger here. As said on previous posts, bit by bit your base is being chipped away and the majority of you are not even aware of the danger this poses.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
On the surface it seems stupid, then you really get to know the issue, read both sides of the argument, listen to both sides, then you know it's really, stupid.

Really stupid!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:46 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Geico266
On the surface it seems stupid, then you really get to know the issue, read both sides of the argument, listen to both sides, then you know it's really, stupid.

Really stupid!
It goes way beyond stupid. Things like this directly threaten your country. This one is very visable but there are more and more less visable things that are just as bad and possibly even worse.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't worry about us Stan, I heard we are working on Nucaway Spray. You just spray this stuff over a container and ....no more nuc.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I heard today the Mayor of Baltimore has asked Bush to stop the buyout citing fears of the security at the Port of B-More.

This sounds like a very dangerous thing. This is different than us sticking our nose in our own domestic business affairs, this is just plain crazy!

It's one thing if we outsource our customer service, buy all of our garmets, electronics, and cars from overseas. But when entire East Coasts Port security is run by the same people who bombed us, were heading down a dark road.

I must ask, if the Bush Administration sits idle and lets this go through, will you all still stand by his every word and decision??
Old 02-19-2006, 07:06 PM

Don't worry about us Stan, I heard we are working on Nucaway Spray. You just spray this stuff over a container and ....no more nuc.
Where do I sign up for a dealership?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Administrator

I heard we are working on Nucaway Spray. You just spray this stuff over a container and ....no more nuc.
Same stuff Dieseldude4x4 has to shower in after his shift is over.

phox
He works at a Nuclear Power Plant, if you didn't know
Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thank Long and HARD

Thank Long and HARD, What you all are saying ,First most all of the ships that Call here USA (Shipping lines) shipping coming and going out of east cost are FROM Some Other country. Like CHINA,APL, MERSK,MOL,United Areb,And have bin coming going for I know 12 Years Now. So you won't to stop All The shipping in and out of the USA,east Cost? Thank what we are doing Now for Port security now? I Have bin working on these Docks for 12 years now and I have Sean the Rag heads come and go.I don't like it but the American shipping lines don't have the ships to carry the volume of containers that the foreign shipping lines do 1,800/2,500/3,000 contaners.Don't cont on The USA to get back in the shipping business because of the cheap labor that over seas labor works for $5 dollers a day. And thay have Like 10/15 people living in one three bedroom house. We can not compeat with that or do I need too. I do say we need to fined a better Way So fined one and Let me know.Thank you
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

I read this last post and got to thinking, what is the real reason were losing our standing in the world economy. It's gotta make you wonder.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:54 PM

Now YOU KNOW

Now the rest of you know what problem is the all mighty dollar. I wish it was not the way it is however money, thats what makes the world economy go round and Round. (Now you know the rest of the story.)as Poul Harvey would say
Old 02-20-2006, 06:35 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets see, they laundered money that helped fund the attacks on 9/11. They have transported Nukes for Iran, Gee, I can't imagine why we wouldn't want them in charge of the ports????????

So, as of this morning some State lawmakers are up in arms about this, where was Bush? Do we believe that this goes waaaay back to the family history with Saudi Arabia and other Middle East heavy hitters?

Nothing like our Ports being owned by Arabs, ***? Do we own ANYTHING anymore???

Amazes me, I hope myself and all the nay sayers are wrong here.................................
Old 02-20-2006, 06:44 AM

The U.S. has become a service type economy rather than a producer. We need more products than we make so thus the need to import.
We let our leaders create/allow this for 50 years!!
Now we can't even service our own ports.
Thus the need to outsource this service.

VERY SCARY!!!!
What is the answer?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:45 AM

Bit by bit, faster and faster, your country is being sold out from under you. The ways this is being done is very diverse and nebulous.
I'm very much for education, but do question why some of these rich Arab countries find it so necessary to send their youth to America for education. Wonder why they don't build their own universities?
Are you aware that more than 10,000 students from Osama bin Laden's homeland are attending U.S. colleges and universities this year, thanks to an agreement between President Bush and King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz.
Because of the agreement, as many as 25,000 Saudi students are expected to arrive over the next five years, with all their bills paid by the Saudi government.
The bottom line is; expect more American's to lose jobs to the Arabs in your own country.

Quick Reply: Arab Emerates taking over the shipping ports