Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Apology to the enlisted

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Apology to the enlisted

just wanted to say an apology to all the enlisted. i had a post a few weeks back about our base sgtmaj telling me i was going too fast. everything is smoothed over, he told me that" it sounded like you were goin fast, and im just not used to seeing an officer wearin a cowboy hat, w/ boots and jeans...... and especiallydriving a truck like that" i took that as a compliment. i wouldnt be where i am today if it wasnt for awesome lance corporals, corporals, sergeants, staff sergeants, and gunny's looking out for my tail. just wanted to let yall know that im not the "typical" officer that knows everything, and i have taken much wise counsel from those who have been in longer and have tons more experience. i have only one good friend who is an officer, and we arent in the "in crowd of officers" due to our consuming of cold beverages habits and attitudes. all of our friends per say are on the enlisted side, and i now wish i should have went enlisted. this side of the house is pretty gay. it is good, but too many retards that dont care about the enlisted or anyone else, but their careers, medals, and wearing knee pads. anyhoo, sorry for the rant again, but i respect the heck (edit) out of yall. TOP thanks, jimmy
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
..........this side of the house is pretty gay. it is good, but too many retards that dont care about the enlisted or anyone else, but their careers, medals, and wearing knee pads. anyhoo, sorry for the rant again, but i respect the heck (edit) out of yall. TOP thanks, jimmy
A very unusual appology.
Wanna try again?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
No offense taken. In fact, I wish there were more officers like you that looked out for more than their career and what goes on the next OER. I commend you for that.

On my base we have a decent crop of officers except for a couple of them.

Petty Officer 2nd Class (ET2)
U.S. Coast Guard
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
A very unusual appology.
Wanna try again?
If you read it closely, he was referring to the officer class in the military which includes himself.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
A very unusual appology.
Wanna try again?
Hey , that's a better apology than Hillary will ever make !
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Chapter President

I always thought the best officers we had in the Marines when I was in were the old old timey officers. Also our Warrant officers, they chewed the same dirt because they started as enlisted men and moved over to officer ranks but always remembered where they came from. Some base to much of it on we have to dictate authority, you can't do "this" kind of stuff you have to appoint an enlisted man to do it. I think it helps more and you gain more respect if your down in the dirt with your troops.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM

I work with officers A LOT! Keep on the good side of the enlisted. It will help in the long run. The guys that don't have the "High And Mighty" attitude get well taken care of.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM

A big thanks to all of you who do or have served our country! We are all proud of you! You guys don't hear it enough!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Southern Pride
just wanted to say an apology to all the enlisted. i had a post a few weeks back about our base sgtmaj telling me i was going too fast. everything is smoothed over, he told me that" it sounded like you were goin fast, and im just not used to seeing an officer wearin a cowboy hat, w/ boots and jeans...... and especiallydriving a truck like that" i took that as a compliment. i wouldnt be where i am today if it wasnt for awesome lance corporals, corporals, sergeants, staff sergeants, and gunny's looking out for my tail. just wanted to let yall know that im not the "typical" officer that knows everything, and i have taken much wise counsel from those who have been in longer and have tons more experience. i have only one good friend who is an officer, and we arent in the "in crowd of officers" due to our consuming of cold beverages habits and attitudes. all of our friends per say are on the enlisted side, and i now wish i should have went enlisted. this side of the house is pretty gay. it is good, but too many retards that dont care about the enlisted or anyone else, but their careers, medals, and wearing knee pads. anyhoo, sorry for the rant again, but i respect the heck (edit) out of yall. TOP thanks, jimmy
Hey LT, West Point, ROTC, OCS, or ECP?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 AM

ocs

acook, i went to ocs up in quantico,va, through the plc program, in may 2000, and in july 2002. the 02 for plc seniors got pushed back to 2002 due to 2 knee surgeries i had to have. i guess what i was trying to say was that i work well with my counter parts, i was just a little steamed at the time and the words came out a little screwed up. we cant make it with out you guys. and my guys have allways taken care of me, and id do anything for them, as well they would for me, and we have many times.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 AM

We all have bad days. You sound like a good officer. Believe it or not, you can tell just by the way a person puts their words together. I've had more than my fair share of moments, we all do.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 AM

thanks tboe. i appreciate it