Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone tracking the Hurricane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Anyone tracking the Hurricane?

I'll join the chorus - East, East, East, East!
Oh, and go VA Tech (I'm a George Mason grad - have to get my college football jollies vicariously)! ;D
Funny thing is, we're treating this as a blizzard - listen to the radio to see if we're open, etc.... but the weather outside right now is gorgeous! Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze - definitely the calm before the storm!
Old 09-16-2003, 03:34 PM
JKE

there is still time left. about 2 days worth...I refuse to give up....turn east, turn east, turn east,.....Got to go. I will chant while working in the garden as well....I'm done for the day.

Be safe men....

John
Old 09-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=19731;start=15#msg185487 date=1063739786]

Now Lary....I don't recall giving ANYONE here permission to save that picture!! ;D
[/quote]

Says in his best mexican accent (Permission? weee donnttt neeeed nooo stinkinn permisssion) 8)
Old 09-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a hurricane coming? Where?
Old 09-16-2003, 08:05 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having been at wonderful Dam Neck by the sea/Sandbridge/Pungo when the storms come through, I feel for you guys.
I will do my best to work up a "storm poem" and that, in combination with the Hoss pic, may possibly run it away. Worst case would be 10-12 inches of snow.
Good luck guys and if there is anything I can do, hollar.

Shortround out
Old 09-17-2003, 05:58 AM
JKE

about 70 hrs till touch down...that is a long time to luck (=look) at Hoss' picture...and chant...been on the St. John's river and in Murrels inlet during some nasty stuff...We can handle this (female mut)...be smart and help anyone that needs it BEFORE YOU LEAVE. Last time the national guard would not let me back in to help...friends not family....turn east
Old 09-17-2003, 12:10 PM
JKE

well, I hope everyone has finished preparing for this...Hurt locker for the east coast
Old 09-17-2003, 10:05 PM

you guys be safe out there, you can always come this way and its all the same, you guys do it with the weather, out here its GOOOOBERNOR, in the end its still chaos............

(chaos:

for those of you in Rio Linda, that is pronounced

KAAAYOSSS.........)

big jake

THE FORD GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, I left Anaheim this morning and I am now back home in Virginia, just in time to watch the damage happen first hand. :'(

I got fingers and toes crossed now. I don't guess it will do any good to chant any more.

Chris
Old 09-18-2003, 04:11 AM
JKE

I don't think that it will, still chanting though.....I hope she's not to rough on you boys... ???
Old 09-18-2003, 04:56 AM
JKE

Any east coast men out there? How are things holding up? come back....

I know posting on here is the last thing on your mind! Just wondering how things are going ???

John
Old 09-18-2003, 07:10 AM

Not much happening in this part of Va, wind picking up and cloudy. Haven't heard from anyone in the Outer Banks or Va Beach though. Good news is that the Va Tech game is still on, bad news is that my Direct TV will go out and I won't be able to watch it. These Hurricanes blow through here every few years and by the time they hit this area, (D.C. Metro) they are down-graded to a tropical storm. Usually nothing more that 40 mph winds and alot of rain in a short period of time. Not to minimize this, but the media around here has everyone so worked up you'd think a nuclear missle was on the way. I don't remember them doing this a few years back for hurricanes, just for snow. When a snowflake falls, the city goes into panic mode. For all of you on the coast where the storm really hits, stay safe.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Banned

my prayers are with all of you guys who have alot of valuable things in the coastal states. honestly tho when people get all riled up about a storm and everyone makes such a big deal usually its nothing bad : here in chicago everytime were going to get more than 7 inches of snow there is a huge panic but then when that storm comes it drops about 2 inches of snow! im not complaining tho i hate cleaning up from storms
Old 09-18-2003, 07:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As of 08:19 EST, nothing much going on here yet. Here's the latest from local radar and regional radar. I am just West of the "R" in Richmond.

Regional radar for the area.
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USL...p;prodnav=none

Chris

Quick Reply: Anyone tracking the Hurricane?