Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone on here ever had an encounter with BigFoot?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my friends thought they saw big foot one time. they were screaming running around terrified.

than they realised it was just me with my shirt off.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:18 AM

Big Foot

I haven't told this story for a long time.
I once worked at a private school outside of French Gulch, CA. It was very isolated, and at the end of the FG road. On the other side of the ridgeline was the belly of Clair Engle lake, a huge impoundment in the Trinities.
I had done late night bed checks on the other side of the creek, all of the boy's cabins, and was walking through the edge of the woods, to take the bridge across the creek, rather than walk down the road to the other ford, since it was dark, and I didn't want to get my feet wet.
The bridge was a suspension bridge, about 50- to 60 feet long, about 6 feet off the water, a flatish rocky creek, that was also fairly low, so the bed was pretty exposed.
We usually had a lot of deer on the HQ side of the creek, so I expected to see something moving as I came out of the cover of the trees, overhanging the cabin end of the bridge.
I heard a trash can crash over, and the lid fly and bounce along, and though, "Oh, dear me (well, not exactly, but the censor here is too strict), a bear."
I stopped in the middle of the bridge, looking into the darkness, toward the kitchen building which was the first building on the right of the bridge on that side. I couldn't make out the trash cans, but could tell someting was moving around there in the shadows.
I slowly walked backwards under the trees again, until I got to the ground again, and stooped to pick up some bigger rocks. I went back onto the bridge, and about 3/4 of the way across, I stopped, and chucked a big one over to where the cans where stored.
It hit the ground, then banged solidly against an empty can, CRASH!. I heard a big "WOOF" like a big animal huffing. remember at this point I figured it was just a trash-eatin' black bear, and I could run him off with a few well placed rocks.
Didn't work out that way....a dark figure started to unfold from the shadows, where he had been hunkered over the trash cans. Even though it was pitch black, with only star light, I could see the beast standing there, with his head even with the eaves of the building.
He moved, smoothly out into the open, and I started backing up, again.
He approached the end of the bridge, and took a step onto it. My own movements had made the bridge start to ripple, (not side to side, more like waves), so he looked down at his feet. The bridge was too wide for me to hold the cables at both sides at the same time. This creature rested his hands on both cables, with his arms bent!
He kept sniffing the air, and rumbling in his chest. By now I could smell this guy, Whew what a reek, like 40 thousand unwashed butts, and armpits.
Bad. I had gotten to the end of the bridge, and thought about taking off, but also thought if that would make a bear bolt after me, it might do the same with whatever this was.
I realized I still had two big rocks in each hand. I slung the first, and it arched over and hit the bridge at his feet. He let out a deep growl, like a very ticked off animal. I was running out of options, and no way to call for assistance. Everyone in the cabins and in the owner's house was asleep, and farther way than they could hear of I shouted. Besides my throat was a bit tight at that moment.
I took another step, forward this time, back onto the springy part of the bridge, and started flexing up and down, getting a good rythm going, I started shouting at the thing, "Get out of here!, Beat it! Yaah!" Over and over again, until I think the creature decided I was nuts or something. He woofed once more, then vaulted over the cable, landed on all fours in the stream bottom, and took off running upright upstream splashing in and out of the creek, until I couldn't hear him anymore.
I realized I still had one more rock, when it fell out of my left hand, and I also realized that my legs were shaking. I sort of reeled my way across the bridge, and gaining strength, I started jogging across the compound, to my trailer. My wife was sitting up when I came in, and immediately said, "What's wrong?" She could see something had happened, and when I told her the story, she could tell I wasn't making it up. We looked around the next morning, but no tracks, or hair on the cables or trash cans.
Hadn't thought about that episode in 30 years.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:33 AM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Originally Posted by JKM
I thought bigfoot was the 1st gen Guru , this one:

I beleive he prefers to be called "wannadiesel" , although i may be mistaken
Ah that's just some one dressed up in a gorilla suit.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Hmmmmm, maybe I should put on Bigfoot shoes next time I go make a crop circle. Anybody want to help with the janitors corn field?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To answer your question yes I have had an encounter with Bigfoot. So has my wife, son and grandkids, coworkers ect…...

I'm leaveing in about ten min and going hunting for the rest of the week so i will not even see your replys untill Monday y'all be good
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM

I seen bigfoot at Charlotte coliseum when i was a kid.

He was out there jumping all over cars and crushing them.

Man, i still have nightmares about it!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Mother-in-Law!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
Good one!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ramlovingvet

You beat me to it
Old 10-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Clayten
Ah that's just some one dressed up in a gorilla suit.
a face like that is a form of birth-control...

whew, i had not had my coffee yet...

HankPac - good story.

there are SO MANY things that we don't see, like baby pigeons.
but there are THOUSANDs of grown pigeons.

there was a little wild fox crossing the busiest road in town at 1730 yesterday.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I've heard that if you do happen upon a real bigfoot, your suppose to have some certain brand of beef jerky on hand for some reason or another.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by charliez
I've heard that if you do happen upon a real bigfoot, your suppose to have some certain brand of beef jerky on hand for some reason or another.
at least you know not to play pranks on BIGFOOT anyway!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 PM

As close as we got to him in Oklahoma was this sign:

~Rob
Old 10-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BigFoot was a nick name of mine for a while size 20 shoe gotta have sometin to hold up 7 ft of Me
Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
7' tall and size 20 shoes?

Don't go knuckle walking through the woods or you're likely to get tranquilized by a bigfoot researcher...

Quick Reply: Anyone on here ever had an encounter with BigFoot?