Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone Here Been a Victim Of Credit Fraud or Identity Theft???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinda off topic but I live in a small town (ok the sticks) and there is a man with the exact name as mine including middle name that lives here too. I was turned down for a truck loan and was sent a letter to inform me and said I could get a free credit report. I did and found out he had a couple of default loans that was on MY credit report. I called each one and got them to fax a letter to the loaner stating they were not mine. Approved next day.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i refuse to use PalPal for the reasons everyone mentions but beyond that I will tell you that online banking is safer than the paper/snail-mail route. Most identity thefts comes from dumpster and mailbox diving. There is a proven relationship between identity theft and meth addicts. They will steal your mail and dig through garbage. What I do to protect myself is use a paper shredder like their is no tomorrow for EVERYTHING, even those dozen credit card apps you get every day. Make sure you get the heavy duty confetti type. if you have a mailbox that is out of site from your home cut a slit in it and pad lock it!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
i refuse to use PalPal for the reasons everyone mentions but beyond that I will tell you that online banking is safer than the paper/snail-mail route. Most identity thefts comes from dumpster and mailbox diving. There is a proven relationship between identity theft and meth addicts. They will steal your mail and dig through garbage. What I do to protect myself is use a paper shredder like their is no tomorrow for EVERYTHING, even those dozen credit card apps you get every day. Make sure you get the heavy duty confetti type. if you have a mailbox that is out of site from your home cut a slit in it and pad lock it!

All great Ideas! Some of which I allready employ.

As an update, as of today I still have not been credited back the bogus charges.