Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone here been lucky enough to play Halo 3 Beta on Xbox 360?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here been lucky enough to play Halo 3 Beta on Xbox 360?

Halo 3 is the sequel to the highly popular FPS (First Person Shooter) for the Xbox 360. For about 3 weeks (May 16 - June 10) people have been invited (either through Microsoft friends and family or by buying specially marked copies of “Crackdown”) to play 3 new multiplayer maps off the upcoming game online. I am a Halo addict I freely admit. For the last week or so I have been online playing this game countless number of hours. I didn’t think that they could improve on Halo 2 by much but so far Halo 3 is a VAST improvement over the previous 2 games. Matches generally seem to be well matched with players of similar skills and very seldom is there a blow-out in score.

So….. Am I the biggest Dork in here are what?

Here is a short clip of me on a killing spree: Click Here

And here is a very good documentary of Halo 3: link removed due to profanity in the comments
Britt

Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

No but I've been DYING to play it!! I loved the first two and I've been chomping at the bit for this one to come out!

~Nick
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 AM

the only thing i like about halo is the theme song to Halo 2 ( i think, may have been teh first one) "blow me away" by breaking banjamin. i also like riding around in the vehicles....thats about it! lol i jsut never could get into, my roommates my freshman year of college lived for that game!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
No but I've been DYING to play it!! I loved the first two and I've been chomping at the bit for this one to come out!

~Nick
Nick,

You have got to get somewhere that has broadband internet and play this thing. If you are a fan of the first two you will love the 3rd.

Britt

Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 PM
DTR Mom

Wink my 45 yo husband and 18 yo son are going to a rally

fifteen guys are playing (I believe) Halo 2 this weekend, then going out and doing paintball! I am not sure as they have broadband there....6 big screen tvs.....I am staying FAR away.....

naw, you are not a dork. if you don't pay for kid's things or the rent- then you might be dork going on loser.....

good you have some stress relief!

hope you put in for some AFG Grants this year!
Heid in NY
Old 05-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Nick,

You have got to get somewhere that has broadband internet and play this thing. If you are a fan of the first two you will love the 3rd.

Britt

I really have to get flippin broadband.....I'm missing so much cool stuff! I might see if I can bug my friend this weekend and see if I can play it over at his place.

And I loved the first two, very very cool games! I can't wait till it actually comes out to buy...I'm gonna be glued to the TV again like a little kid!

Thanks for the info Britt, I let you know if I get a chance this weekend to play it. I'm stoked

~Nick
Old 05-25-2007, 01:30 PM

And here is a very good documentary of Halo 3: link removed due to profanity in the comments
Britt

Ah... Sorry about that. I must have missed it.

Once again, I apologize.

Britt

Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Chapter President

No, but I really want to.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned

BRITT.......I played it!!! I stopped by the game store while I was in town and the guy hooked me up! I love it, I can't wait till it finally comes out! The only thing that screwed with me was the reloading....it was the right top trigger instead of the X. Other than that I dig it man!

~Nick
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
BRITT.......I played it!!! I stopped by the game store while I was in town and the guy hooked me up! I love it, I can't wait till it finally comes out! The only thing that screwed with me was the reloading....it was the right top trigger instead of the X. Other than that I dig it man!

~Nick
I did the exact same thing! I actually saved my first game because I thought it was so funny watching me try to figure out how to pick up a weapon and how to reload it. For the entire first half of the game I completely sucked and then I ended up coming back and winning after I figured out the controls. I actually like the new control set up. All the special items are now on the "x" button. One other thing I like about this game is there is not as much dual wielding as in Halo 2. They have gone back to the rifle and grenade attacks which I enjoy much more. You actually have to possess some skill instead of just blindly firing 2 weapons. With this setup you have to pick your battles more carefully.

Britt

Old 05-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

One other thing I like about this game is there is not as much dual wielding as in Halo 2. They have gone back to the rifle and grenade attacks which I enjoy much more. You actually have to possess some skill instead of just blindly firing 2 weapons. With this setup you have to pick your battles more carefully.

Britt

I noticed the same thing, which I like also. I wasn't a huge fan of the dual stuff....everytime I wanted to wing a grenade it take me forever to do so! Anybody can run in guns a blazing.....I actually like to have some tact to my killing spree!

~Nick
Old 05-26-2007, 05:42 PM

I guess this means I need to buy a 360. Ironically I've been playing a little Halo 2 today. I never was much on the dual weapons as I'm a big fan of plasma grenades, I LOVE that sticky feature. Is the shot gun still as lethal as the first 2?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 PM

So….. Am I the biggest Dork in here are what?
Is that a rhetorical question?

Long time no see Britt,
~Rob
Old 05-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I am a Halo enthusiast too. I have Halo 1 and 2, and my wife even bought me the Halo books (really good reading, very in depth to the Halo story). I played often on Live, however I haven't touched it lately. My subscription lapsed, and I haven't renewed it yet. Maybe when I get to Connecticut I'll pick it up again.

My gamertag is : Diesel Thunder

I was stationed on a Coast Guard ship when Halo 1 was out. We would frequently have 8-16 player network games. I remember one in particular was a CTF match on the large ice level with 16 players that day. That game took over 9 hours to finish going to 3 flag captures.

I don't currently have a 360. I do want one though, so I can play halo 3.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by wthomps
Is the shot gun still as lethal as the first 2?
Yeah it seems to be. So far there aren't many laying around so I very seldom pick one up.

Originally Posted by hotdram
Is that a rhetorical question?

~Rob
No, but I already know the answer.

It's kind of funny... I've been playing on and off all day here at work and one game I'll have a unbelievable game and then the next game I get completely destroyed.

There are some people that are just amazing at this game.

Britt