Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone having problems with Firefox?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
I have heard that Firefox has a serious memory leak problem but I have 2 GB of ram in this system and I haven't seen any problems with lack of memory. I also have a Dual Core CPU which makes for a sweet system.

Edwin
I haven't had any problems, home or work, but I've noticed that it does like memory, espically on the home computer because it might go a week between Firefox open/closes and I like to open tabs.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lary, see if there are any clues in this link...

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...a3062a07f3764a

Jim
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
Lary, see if there are any clues in this link...

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...a3062a07f3764a

Jim
Looks like I am not the only one having these issues. I don't know about it being a java issue, the sites I am on when this happens are usually my business related ones.

I was thinking memory issues because I often have multiple windows open, making invoices, checking Admin panel here, checking availability at the warehouse and PMs.

Very aggravating when it happens. I think I need to try the remove and re-install. I think this all started not at the latest update, but a couple months ago after one of Firefoxs security updates.

Which I am not sure may have been a java issue if I recall. Hard to pin point as naturally I wasn't keeping track when I didn't think I had a problem
Old 09-25-2007, 07:39 PM

As much as it may hurt you die hard firefoxers to try, does the problem also occur in IE?

Wouldnt hurt to do an uninstall, reinstall of firefox and then go directly to all your plugins websites and get the newest plugins (adobe flash, java, etc).

Im also unfamiliar if firefox has the option to do a restore to factory default like IE does.. May give that a try to ensure its not an incompatible addon/plugin that now does not work properly after a browser update.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmay2
As much as it may hurt you die hard firefoxers to try, does the problem also occur in IE?
I use IE once in awhile when I have to, but it is so slow I only use it when a website is so old it isn't compatible with Firefox.

I am going to do a complete removal and re-install, in fact since wifey is watching Dancing with Stars....any excuse to keep away from the TV tonight is a good one
Old 09-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
No problems here. I use Firefox exclusively (with Windows Vista I might add) with no issues whatsoever. Hope you get it fixed.

Britt

WINDOWS SYSTEM WARNING:

Firefox is attempting to access a potentially addictive website (www.dieseltruckresource.com). Do you wish to allow?

Never Once Always

Dern vista...
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Lightbulb memory

Larry, buy more memory. Firefox is a bit memory hungry, and you said you mainly have the problem when you have many things open. That uses a lot of memory. A girl I know has Vista (also very memory hungry) and iTunes (memory hog) on her Dell with 512 MB of memory. Programs would lock up, crash the whole computer, etc. I made her buy 4gigs of memory (8 times what she had). Since DDR3 came out, DDR2 has gotten very cheap. Each gig stick she bought was $20. So for $80 she got 8 times the performance. She told me she has no more problems now. The stuff is a breeze to install. Several sites sell memory by itself very cheap.

www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.cdw.com
www.crucial.com
Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cwgtex
Larry, buy more memory. Firefox is a bit memory hungry, and you said you mainly have the problem when you have many things open. That uses a lot of memory. A girl I know has Vista (also very memory hungry) and iTunes (memory hog) on her Dell with 512 MB of memory. Programs would lock up, crash the whole computer, etc. I made her buy 4gigs of memory (8 times what she had). Since DDR3 came out, DDR2 has gotten very cheap. Each gig stick she bought was $20. So for $80 she got 8 times the performance. She told me she has no more problems now. The stuff is a breeze to install. Several sites sell memory by itself very cheap.

www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.cdw.com
www.crucial.com
Wow. This is a golden oldie. Hope Lary got it fixed in the last 21 months.