Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone ever take legal action against a car dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i'm going to court over my 07 pos with dodge right now
Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickCJ
I've read thru this post and it sucks that the car isn't perfect but you have a used car. A brand new car could have paint work done if it was scratched in transport, this wouldn't be on a carfax nor should it be.
As far as brakes go they are a wear item and maybe you get 26k and another gets 100k, you must use your brakes harder. Same with alignment, must of hit a pothole to knock it out or it wasn't aligned properly the 1st time.
If you don't like the car sell it and get another. The dealer didn't twist your arm to buy it.
A+++ You hit the nail right on the head Rick. Used cars are used, you should have checked this car before purchasing it, now that you don't like it, sell it.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As he said ......he did not personal purchase the car.......it was sold as never being wreaked......the purchasers were lied to(where is the car dealers integrity?) Sue them if need be. They lied to you. It was not sold as is....it was sold as certified (which has certain stipulated assurances.)
Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Youre right, no used car is perfect. There is a definitive difference between an "as is" used car and a "No Worries." GM certified vehicle. For the record, GM has a 117 point inspection that should qualify it as a "certified" vehicle.

Even though the car at quick glance "looks ok" the car fails inspections:
#6, #7, #11, #12, #39, #70, #73, #76, #77, #78, #79, #81, #83, #95, #99, #112.

I'm scheduling an appointment with an appraiser locally here to get a value of the vehicle and an assesment of the prior damage. Figure might as well go into it with an expert witness available. I figure even if it wasn't serious, the car still fails the ceritification so to be sold as so is fraud regardless.

And to be honest, if I had personally inspected the vehicle I would not have bought it. I arrived in WA state at 1 AM in the morning to drive it back over my days off. Inspecting the car was the last worry on my mind. I trusted the word "Certified" and so did the buyers.

The sad thing is the residence that purchased the vehicle has 3 GM products sitting in the driveway. Each's previous vehicle was also a GM. They could very well lose 3 customers who purchase a new vehicle ever 5-6 years on average.

I'll keep this updated up till the time I do go fourth with a lawyer. I'm pretty sure at that time I will have to not discuss it any further.