Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

For Anyone Curious About Where I Live...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Blue, I know for a fact that we had gusts here up to 60 MPH. All of the cranes on our jobsite have wind speed meter thingies on them and that's what they were reading. Had to lay the booms down on the crawlers and free wheel the tower cranes.

FTF, I'm in Lewisville, but I've spent a lot of time in your area. I was born and raised in Ferris and have a lot of family in Waxahachie. Also came over there every year for the county livestock show (FFA) while I was in high school.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30 degrees and winter storm today,dumped 12 inches of snow........ .........
Old 03-06-2004, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was watching that line on the weather channel.
All of you "alley" boys have storm cellars??

I do respect that they do damage and can be catastophic but it is a interesting wonder of nature. I wish we would get nasty lines like that,minus the tornadoes and hail. I love lightning. Where I am at the haze and smog really make it hard to watch storms approach. Half the time they hit the mtns, and die out when the reach Philly!! I am a truly pathetic "storm chaser" in the summer. I see any signs of "ORANGE" on the radar, I jump in my truck and try to go to an open area and watch. If I see any signs of a "hooked echo" on the radar,I go postal.

ANy of you suffer a bad dose of hail damage to your rigs??
Old 03-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No storm cellar here. I've lived in this area all of my life and have never encountered a tornado. Now, there have been plenty of them around....some close by.....but I've been fortunate enough to have them go elsewhere. Not a lot of storm cellars in Texas though. Pretty much the only houses that have them are really OLD houses (I guess they had more common sense back then).

I too love a good storm. As long as there's no hail in it and no tornado then I'm a happy camper. A good thunderstorm with lots of thunder and lightning is just an awesome thing if you ask me. I lived in Lubbock for a while as a kid where they had AMAZING electrical storms. We could sit out on the porch and watch them coming for miles and miles and miles before they ever hit us. Pretty cool.

I always love watching those storm chasing shows and I think that would be a lot of fun.