Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anybody in the Savanah, Ga area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Anybody in the Savannah, Ga area?

A headhunter is trying to get me to go and work in the Savannah Ga area and I need some info please.

- What would be cosidered a really good salary in that area?
- About how much would it cost per month to feed my wife and I?
- Have checked the classifieds and figure that I need to budget 800-1200 dollars a month for accomodation. Would this be accurate?
- Is Savannah a good place to live for a year?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's hot and humid there but you're already used to that!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:37 PM

Savannah is a very nice town. I wouldnt mind living there.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:18 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I know it's hot and humid there but you're already used to that!
No I am not, and that is the one thing that bothers me. Many people seem to think that just because I live in Mexico that it is hot and humid, but they are very wrong. I live in a very temperate climate where it seldom gets above 85 degrees and we consider it high humidity if it occcasionally gets up to 60%. Today is a warm, humid day for down here, as it is 72 degrees with an unusually high humidity of 63%. Looks like it may rain later today.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
No I am not, and that is the one thing that bothers me. Many people seem to think that just because I live in Mexico that it is hot and humid, but they are very wrong. I live in a very temperate climate where it seldom gets above 85 degrees and we consider it high humidity if it occcasionally gets up to 60%. Today is a warm, humid day for down here, as it is 72 degrees with an unusually high humidity of 63%. Looks like it may rain later today.
And you wanted to move becuase?????
Old 09-10-2005, 05:47 AM
Chapter President

I lived and worked in Savannah for 15 years....I now live in the Augusta area

I loved Savannah cost of living is average to below average......there are two parts of Savannah the downtown area where the blue bloods live and tourists come too.....and the suburbs where the working people live

Hunter Army Airfield sits in the middle of Savannah and is a large part of the economy

Wages are sometimes below what the northern states get but the cost of living is lower too....heating is minor compared to A/C cooling

Expect to get lost driving around Savannah many streets do not have street signs and every major street is known by 3 different names......Savannah is not the typical redneck Georgia town because there are so many Yankees that live there and most speak with a northern accent rather then a southern accent