Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any way to delete a "sent" email in gmail?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any way to delete a "sent" email in gmail?

Okay, I goofed.

Inadvertantly placed someone's e-mail on a shared message with that person, and someone who they used to work with who wanted to talk with them again. Really didn't think there was anything wrong - but the individual made it pretty clear in a reply that I should have asked first.

Woops!

Anyone know how to "retract" a sent e-mail in gmail? I tried, but didn't find out anything. Is it even possible?

I'll speak with the person (in person) tomorrow, but I wondered if there was anything I could do before then.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:32 PM

I think once it is sent, it is at the other end. Look in your sent messages, if it was sent, it's done. That's prolly not more than you already know, but that's how I think it is. Sorry
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Yep, once the calf is out of the chute, doesn't matter how long a rope you got, you aint gonna get him back in. Sorry dude. tell the other person that if they want to remain anonymous they should change their email, or lighten up a bit. Geez, you made an honest mistake.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by wyododge
Yep, once the calf is out of the chute, doesn't matter how long a rope you got, you aint gonna get him back in. Sorry dude. tell the other person that if they want to remain anonymous they should change their email, or lighten up a bit. Geez, you made an honest mistake.
Yep, I did a little looking in the gmail help files & forums, and there's a way that you can adjust your settings to provide and "undo" feature - basically asking after you hit "send" if it's okay to to so. But it has to be set up ahead of time.

I appreciate what you said too. I was shocked by the one-line response. First due to the fact that the person who requested to contact them really is on the level and upstanding. Secondly, that after 4.5 years this person really must not trust my perception and judgement - which is far from perfect, mind you. Third, it's just e-mail, all he would have to do is adjust his settings to place any e-mails from said person in the "trash" or have them auto-deleted.

Oh well, time for bed. Gotta quit taking all things so seriously all the time.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by 96_12V
Third, it's just e-mail, all he would have to do is adjust his settings to place any e-mails from said person in the "trash" or have them auto-deleted.
BANNED!!!