Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any Radio Controled guys out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Radio Controled guys out there?

Just curious if anyone else on the board owned any RC cars, trucks, boats, plans, or choppers?

I always wanted a nitro powerd car when I was younger but never could buy one. Last year I bought a used T-Maxx off Ebay and I've been playing ever since.

Here's a pic of it with the new wheels and tires I just bought.

DB
Old 01-05-2004, 06:11 AM
JKE

Had a couple in my earlier days. Still have them boxed up. There was an off-road race track just down the street. Haven't looked at them in some time. Mine are electric....hornet, falcon, RC10. They were a bunch of fun.

JKE
Old 01-05-2004, 07:18 AM

Seems like I've seen that pic somewhere before.

: Eddie :
Old 01-05-2004, 07:44 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
I'm not radio controlled, but maybe wife controlled.
Used to build and fly radio controlled aircraft. Not any more.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:11 AM

My brother has a nitro street car. The name slips my mind at the momment but its a quick little thing. It even shifts! I have a Nitro powered boat. Its the type with the airplane engine on the top and it goes pretty fast. I aslo have a little nitro airplane but not very good at flying yet! My brother has a boat that is about 22" long with a V-haul and its powered by a weedeater engine. Its pretty fast and has a lot of power. These things are a lot of fun but lately I haven't run them. My friend owns a hobby shop and he is trying to sell my boat for me and then I'm going to buy a T-MAXX truck. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:34 AM

I had several about 2 years ago, but sold them all. Just kind of got tired of it. It was a fun hobby though. I was into the boats.

I had a 52 in. weed eater powered one that was real fun to play with.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Banned

The T-max is a very good RC truck, matter of fact it is the best out there. If you never were into RC cars or you have been out fo a while, you would not believe the sufistication in these trucks. They have real and fully fuctional race shocks,transfercases,2-speed trany's that shift automaticly, and they have a reverse! also they have working differintals (rig & pinion gear, spyder gears axles, bearings) and can travel over 40mph.
Your truck looks very nice, it looks like the newer T-max with the 2.5,is it? I can also see you have aluminum shock bodies, and custom wheels. Nice

This is our SportMax
Old 01-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Banned

Our old T-max
Old 01-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Banned

And our new T-max, we enjoy running them and keeping them up.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:42 PM

It's a 2.5 with the Wide Maxx suspension, the shocks are Team Bluestar fully adjustable with aluminum bodies. I've got the new Traxxas Sporttraxx tires on it with RPM wheels, and full aluminum skid plates. I bought the stock truck used off Ebay for $200, but looking back I should have just bought a new one because I'm going to have to rebuild the engine soon because of the way it was broke in.

It a blast though, I never knew a RC truck could do the things this truck can. I jumped it the other day and got a little carried away and it did a back flip landed on it's tires and kept going.

Those are some sweet looking Maxxes Y-knot, how good does that wheelie bar work on the Sport Maxx?

DB
Old 01-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have several. Tamiya TL01 (widened to pan car width for a Tony Stewart #20 Pontiac body), TA03R, Super Hornet (set up for sand), and Wild Dagger (converted to 4 wheel steering). MRC Ironman converted to a stadium truck. My dog Ginger has a Traxxas E-Maxx. I got tired of fixing the Wild Dagger when she caught it. The E-Maxx takes being swung around by the wheels in stride and comes back for more.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Banned

The sportmax is the most fun, it will pull the tires at will any time. The bars help from going to far. It aslo only has one gear, it is sort of in the middle of where the t-max is. It launches very had and fast. When have a set of paddles for all of them and take them to Silver lake when we go. Yes you would have been better off going new, the break-in is supper important to long engine life.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by y-knot
. Yes you would have been better off going new, the break-in is supper important to long engine life.
I'm going to rebuild the engine this month if I can't get it to settle down, that should take care of the tunig troubles I've been having.

DB
Old 01-30-2010, 11:33 PM

Hi Guys

if older thread but i am Rc Car freak...

Here my CAT 966 G II

Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Wow that Cat is beautiful! I had no idea there were R/C Cats.

Quick Reply: Any Radio Controled guys out there?