Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any miracle products out there

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any miracle products out there

Was going to wax my mega cab, gave up, that is a lot of truck to wax.
What is out there to make this task easier?
Has anyone heard of or have an opinion of Dri Wash N Guard? I have been hearing some good things about it, but I really don't like the thought of wiping down a dirty truck with this stuff.
Donald A
Old 03-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get e-mails daily about "miracle products" but they usually have NOTHING to do with trucks.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Donald A
Has anyone heard of or have an opinion of Dri Wash N Guard? I have been hearing some good things about it, but I really don't like the thought of wiping down a dirty truck with this stuff.
I use it on my 5th wheel (gelcoat fiberglass finish with paint). It works well for UV and oxidation protection and even light cleaning after driving through a rainstorm and getting road film on the trailer. The shine lasts a long time, and it makes bug removal from the front cap easier. I store the 5th wheel under covered storage, though, so that might make a difference.

Like you, I wouldn't want to use it over heavy dirt accumulations, though.

Rusty
Old 03-08-2006, 01:56 PM

Master Chief,

I have used that Dri Wash and Guard before on my old Harley and actually liked it. Of course, you would need to make sure you do it often so the crud doesn't build up enough to scratch the paint when you wipe the stuff off.

It shines up nicely and actually repels water like wax does. Even works on chrome.

I'd suggest waiting until August / Sept and have a few Selectees come do it for ya but it appears that we won't be doing that stuff anymore.

PISTOL
Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
I get e-mails daily about "miracle products" but they usually have NOTHING to do with trucks.

And I still don't think they'd help ya

Miracle Products, would that be something that would enable a air plane to take off on a belt that was moving opostie the speed the plane was moving forward????
Old 03-08-2006, 02:04 PM

Sorry, I got caught up in responding about hoss I forgot to help you.

Anyway, I use Astro shield, order it from TX. It lasts around 6 months and works great for me. I have a long bed quad, and yes, it's a lot of wax, but only doing it twice a year I love it. I'm going to try and do it 3 times a year, cause of the bad winters, but can only do it every so often (plus I have to wash it, wax it in a day) since I can't put it in the garage, too long.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:39 PM

PistolWhipt (Chief)

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Master Chief,

I'd suggest waiting until August / Sept and have a few Selectees come do it for ya but it appears that we won't be doing that stuff anymore.

PISTOL
In the old days we could have made it happen. My initation, which happened in Puerto Rico, I had to mow the blacktop parking lot at the base security office at midnight, almost ended up in the cross bar hotel over that one. Those were the days. Gotta be politically correct today. New Navy...
Donald A
Old 03-08-2006, 04:27 PM

Leave it dirty, no need to fuss about it then.
I run mine through one of those beat the crap outa the paint brush carwashes once or twice a year. Then you see all the dings and scratches you put in it the last 50k or so.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:22 PM

When I did out truck, washed it with Dawn original dish wash stuff. Then used TR3 resin glaze. Goes on and wipes off easy, looks good and last aabout 6 months. Not sure about the AZ sun in summer.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:10 PM

i have used dri-wash for my cars truck and airplane for about13 years love it.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

$150 at the local detail shop is my miracle product.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:02 PM

I've used Liquid Glass for nearly 20 years and swear by it. The work is applying it. Taking it off is cake. I've heard that body shops hate it because it bonds with the paint or clearcoat and makes refinishing a dog.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Masterchief,

Sorry to digress here, but you said your initiation happened in Puerto Rico? Was it in San Juan? There's a base near there, I can't remember the name of it anymore. I used to be on the USS Nassau, and in late '93 we pulled in there for a while. Three of us guys from Air Dept (I was in V4 div) rented a car and proceeded to hit Lucky 7 and The Black Angus. I trust you know what those establishments were. Anyway, we had a blast, and got stuuuuupid drunk. I got out as an ABF2 in '95, did some time in the active reserves, and eventually got out completely. You're right-it's not the same Navy as it was even in '91 when I went into bootcamp. I'd bet it's worse now than it was when I got out, and over those 4 years I saw a LOT of changes not beneficial to the rank and file while I was in.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Dri Wash is a great product. Leaves a good shine and seems to be a good protectant too. I've seen long-term evidence of its protection on a couple of vehicles I know of, and I believe in it. I use it on my fifth wheel, and it's good at removing those black streaks that RVs get on their sides.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by v8440
Masterchief,

Sorry to digress here, but you said your initiation happened in Puerto Rico? Was it in San Juan? There's a base near there, I can't remember the name of it anymore. I used to be on the USS Nassau, and in late '93 we pulled in there for a while. Three of us guys from Air Dept (I was in V4 div) rented a car and proceeded to hit Lucky 7 and The Black Angus. I trust you know what those establishments were. Anyway, we had a blast, and got stuuuuupid drunk. I got out as an ABF2 in '95, did some time in the active reserves, and eventually got out completely. You're right-it's not the same Navy as it was even in '91 when I went into bootcamp. I'd bet it's worse now than it was when I got out, and over those 4 years I saw a LOT of changes not beneficial to the rank and file while I was in.
Whoa....somebody changed the channel.

Quick Reply: Any miracle products out there