Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any Gamers in Here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What?!

No HALO 2 Fans?

I've been absolutely addicted to that game since Oct. !

Sniped, Stuck, Assasinated, or just plain 'ol "Killed". Great fun!

Merrick
Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BF2 all the way....but since I live out in the boonies (read as no highspeed services available ) I have to load up everything and make a trip to a buddies house to even play, but it is still ALOT of fun!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by marine4life
the new xbox 360 is a great system. call of duty 2 on a high definition system looks amazing. multiplayer is fun as heck. ghost recon advanced warrior,well i soiled myself when i saw the graphics of that game, i have a $4000 computer system, and it can't even shed light on what the 360 did with the graphics, absolutely amazing.
PS3 makes the xbox360 look like an 8bit nintendo. I won't buy a 360 because as soon as sony releases the ps3 microsoft is going to release the "new" x-box. If you have a $4k computer and COD2 looks better on the 360 you either need a new display or video cards. My computer is cheap and rips the 360 a new one. Not even comparible. especially when you look a dell's new 30" display the 2560x1600 resolution will murder ANYTHING on the market today, if you have 4 $500 video cards. But we all have our preferances.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:35 AM

Cod2 Here, 3-4 Hours, Every Night..last 3 Mos...no Exceptions
Old 03-29-2006, 12:10 PM

FEAR straight up rocks (actually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up....play it alone in a dark room).....but Half Life 2 is the best game ever. Been through COD2 several times, after a while it gets to be just like MOHAA, which is alot like RTCW but without the zombie and what not.

Right now I'm doing KOTOR 2, it's like playing a novel. Only drag is it's turn based instead of FPS, but it actually has a plot (a good one) and it's different every time you play it.
Doom 3 was disappointing, Chronicles of Riddick EFBB was okay.

Did I mention that HL2 is the best game ever?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:25 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by MCummings
What?!

No HALO 2 Fans?

I've been absolutely addicted to that game since Oct. !

Sniped, Stuck, Assasinated, or just plain 'ol "Killed". Great fun!

Merrick
Yeah... I've been addicted to Halo since it came out on the first XBOX. Ready for Halo 3.

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
PS3 makes the xbox360 look like an 8bit nintendo.
Right

Britt

Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
FEAR straight up rocks (actually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up....play it alone in a dark room).....but Half Life 2 is the best game ever. Been through COD2 several times, after a while it gets to be just like MOHAA, which is alot like RTCW but without the zombie and what not.

Right now I'm doing KOTOR 2, it's like playing a novel. Only drag is it's turn based instead of FPS, but it actually has a plot (a good one) and it's different every time you play it.
Doom 3 was disappointing, Chronicles of Riddick EFBB was okay.

Did I mention that HL2 is the best game ever?
I'm just a little concerned that 90% of the population here is going to get [i]nothing[i] out of that. That's what, 7 acronyms?

And RTCW rocks. Nothing like **** babes in leather, and zombies, and zombie **** babes in leather, and ****'s, and zombies...
Old 03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by 2500WHITERAM
Cod2 Here, 3-4 Hours, Every Night..last 3 Mos...no Exceptions
COD2 is a awsome game especially in High Def. Enemy A.I. is pretty impressive in the harder modes.

Britt

Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
I'm just a little concerned that 90% of the population here is going to get [i]nothing[i] out of that. That's what, 7 acronyms?

And RTCW rocks. Nothing like **** babes in leather, and zombies, and zombie **** babes in leather, and ****'s, and zombies...
Yeah, but the gamers understand.......and I'll agree with you about Alpha Centauri and Deus Ex.....Deus Ex was my old standby until HL2, years ahead of it's time. But Deus Ex 2 Invisible War was sure a disappointment.....I hate when they port console games over to PC.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by t-7 firefighter
Yeah... I've been addicted to Halo since it came out on the first XBOX. Ready for Halo 3.

Right

Britt

Read the specs. That and nvidia has dominated the market over ati for at least 5 years. If you don't know what I'm talking about do some research.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
But Deus Ex 2 Invisible War was sure a disappointment.....I hate when they port console games over to PC.
Deus Ex II should have NEVER been sold under the name "Deus Ex".

I mean, Deus Ex was HOLY; Deus Ex II was, err, not. At all. At least they had very well rendered hot chicks running around...

And nVidia sure as heck wasn't dominating the market when the ATI 9700 came out! That's when I built my computer I have now; ATI had a monoploy! However, after seeing the quality of the Xbox 360, I think that graphics are never going to look better. We may see some more objects on screen at one time, but I can't imagine much better quality.
But then again, I'm still waiting for deformable terrain (a la Red Faction) to be universally adopted, so I'm even farther behind the curve then the self-admitted 1 year...
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 PM

Deus Ex II should have NEVER been sold under the name "Deus Ex".

I mean, Deus Ex was HOLY; Deus Ex II was, err, not. At all. At least they had very well rendered hot chicks running around...

And nVidia sure as heck wasn't dominating the market when the ATI 9700 came out! That's when I built my computer I have now; ATI had a monoploy! However, after seeing the quality of the Xbox 360, I think that graphics are never going to look better. We may see some more objects on screen at one time, but I can't imagine much better quality.
But then again, I'm still waiting for deformable terrain (a la Red Faction) to be universally adopted, so I'm even farther behind the curve then the self-admitted 1 year...
I wonder why nobody else did the deformable terrain thing. A far as teh 9700 goes. They are both the best if you really look at it. Both of them release a product that will beat the other every couple of months, thats why all this crap is so expensive. The first x-box had an nvidia chip and it was WAY better (graphics wise) than the ps2. The playstation since its introduction has been the most dominant console. Don't get me wrong, the 360 is very good, but the ps3 should be better, if it isn't sony is gonna be screwed. The ATI vs NVIDIA thing is like cummins vs powerstroke. Just because people like it, doesn't mean it is a good product. When the first x-box came out it cost microsoft $350 to build each one and they sold them for $300. That says alot about how microsoft does things. No matter what ANYBODY thinks the playstation brand has more game developer backing than microsoft ever thought about. Really, to get the best experience, you would need both systems. Besides, I can't live without Gran Turismo.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
PS3 makes the xbox360 look like an 8bit nintendo. I won't buy a 360 because as soon as sony releases the ps3 microsoft is going to release the "new" x-box. If you have a $4k computer and COD2 looks better on the 360 you either need a new display or video cards. My computer is cheap and rips the 360 a new one. Not even comparible. especially when you look a dell's new 30" display the 2560x1600 resolution will murder ANYTHING on the market today, if you have 4 $500 video cards. But we all have our preferances.

i've seen the graphics of the ps3, not impressed. and i have to say that the craftmanships of the sony's last system, ps2, was horrible. i went through three, all broke right out of the warranty. the only reason i kept getting one was for final fantasy and gran turismo, and final fantasy is on the box now, no need for it. graphically, both are great system, but the xbox will cost less by then, have more games, and have the quirks already worked out of the live service. and the ps3 is schedule for release this christmas season. and the 360 is"the new xbox" and my computer has dual 6800 ultra's running on a 21 inch viewsonic crt. i play call of duty on both, and yes, the xbox running on high def looks better. you must have a crappy tv. and yes i guess we all have our preferences.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marine4life
idual 6800 ultra's running on a 21 inch viewsonic crt.
Aren't the 6800's the ones with leaf blowers on them? If so your computer must be louder than mine once was! I used to have 500+ CFM of air moving through mine, but the 80 dB was a bit much, so I removed the uber-fans...

A 3.06 GHz processor runs real good at 3.6, though.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:00 AM

Aren't the 6800's the ones with leaf blowers on them? If so your computer must be louder than mine once was! I used to have 500+ CFM of air moving through mine, but the 80 dB was a bit much, so I removed the uber-fans...

A 3.06 GHz processor runs real good at 3.6, though.

Yeah, it was like a leaf blower at wot, but i took those coolers off and i did water cooling on the entire computer(the only fan that ever comes on is on the radiator and it comes on every 10-15 minutes for like 30-40 seconds, doesn't bother me at all now.)

Quick Reply: Any Gamers in Here?