Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any Gamers in Here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Gamers in Here?

I just want to know if any of you play Battlefield 2. I think we should get a diesel clan together, and bring the whoopin on everyone. this game is amazing, and if you enjoy playing pc games than this game will wow pretty much anyone.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhh man...

I used to play Tribes II religiously. I had a clan, we played pretty serious, and that was the funnest I've ever had with a bunch of men. Nothing like nailing a guy with a jetpack with a grenade launcher whille your dropping out of the sky at 60 miles per hour.

Then, however, my clan broke up to go to "Counter Strike", which I couldn't stand and never got into. Not deep enough for my tastes. Battlefield '42 came out, and it had promise, but was always a bit too uncoordinated. Nothing like Tribes II. I still played it anyhow, though, mainly because that's what I had.

Of course, when 1942 came out school decided to get hard, so I had to more-or-less stop my serious gaming hobby. (I used to play Tribes II an average of 4 hours a day.) So I occasionally played that, Battlefield Vietnam (which I think is a great game- raining death upon a squad of VC's from an AH-1 to the tune of "Fortunate Son" is a great experience), and Call of Duty. But mainly I just get to play an hour here and there; I'm pretty far removed from anything too current. All my money goes to living expenses now. (It's ironic that I'm making less money now then I was two or three years ago... )

My other greatest love, past Tribes II, is Stars!. Stars! is a 11 year old 4X space strategy game; no graphics, no excitement, absolute micromanagement. However, since there hasn't been new game of the genre in 11 years, I'm stuck playing that. Every once and a while I hear Stars! calling and play a marathon game for like 10 hours straight.

Other games I've been known to enjoy are the really visceral first person shooters (Serious Sam was ART), any game with a really heavy theme that I can get into (Deus Ex is a stand-out in every respect, and a must play), Alpha Centauri, which was the only game of the type I ever got into, and the older LucasArts adventure games. (I mean the old ones; Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max...)

And, when I find myself without a group to play D&D with, an occasional round of some good RPG is enjoyable.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:52 PM

First person shooters here. From Wolfenstein to Half Life and Call of Duty. Nothing better than blasting ***** or aliens for a while! None of the heavy-on-strategy stuff (squad based stuff like Tom Clancey's games) - I just want to have fun for a while. I think I'd enjoy the on-line stuff but I'm too cheap to spring for the $50 cable modem service.

I used to be into flight sims but haven't tried them for a while.

What I really need to do is get a new machine - mine was pretty nice 3 yrs ago but it's falling behind the latest games.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I play Battlefield 1942 and Desert Combat online.

MikeyB
Old 03-27-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
I play Battlefield 1942 and Desert Combat online.

MikeyB

i like desert combat, but battlefield 2, after all the quirks were worked out was an amazing game. the rank structure breakdown with squads, squadleaders, and a commander adds a lot to the game. calling in artillery strikes is fun as can be. you see 3 tanks in front of you, you radio in the position, get behind some cover and wait. you hear the whistle of arty coming in overhead and then, boom, boom, boom, you get out of the cover and look, nothing but destruction, lots of fun
Old 03-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Chapter President

I play BF2 DC and BF1942. Enjoy them all, don't play online though just at LAN parties.

Welcome to Duty Commander.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:11 PM

World of Warcraft here.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:17 PM

I too like first person shooters. Ever since wolfenstien and doom came out I've been hooked. The new doom is not quite as good and the movie sucked big time, but I don't care, shooting stuff is fun. Call of duty is great and so is half life. I just got half life 2 and call of duty 2 I need to start playing. I got FEAR but have yet to load it. Any of you guys quake fans?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:09 PM

The best FPS I've played is Far Cry. You should try it if you like FPS.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Chapter President

Far cry is a great game i really enjoyed beating that one.

One new game I don't recommend is F.E.A.R as it is really scary.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:43 PM

love me some super mario bros!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Xonid
The best FPS I've played is Far Cry. You should try it if you like FPS.
I forgot about that one, I've only played the first level, I don't have time anymore.

Originally Posted by derek840378
love me some super mario bros!
You just have to post something don't ya?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK

You just have to post something don't ya?
like i said, rainy day. gotta keep myself occupied. sat. dish is wet or i would watch tv
Old 03-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never understood what was so great about Far Cry. It seemed like all hype when I played it.

How stereotypical can you get. "You are JACK CARVER, EX SPECIAL FORCES. YOU MUST KILL NAMELESS BAD GUYS AND ZOMBIES WHILE TRYING TO GET THE HOT CHICK."
Old 03-28-2006, 05:13 PM

the new xbox 360 is a great system. call of duty 2 on a high definition system looks amazing. multiplayer is fun as heck. ghost recon advanced warrior,well i soiled myself when i saw the graphics of that game, i have a $4000 computer system, and it can't even shed light on what the 360 did with the graphics, absolutely amazing.

Quick Reply: Any Gamers in Here?