Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anxiety

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Anxiety

Sorry guys.......

I'm just not myself tonight...

I think I might be having an anxiety attack.

I dropped the truck off tonight at a shop to have a few issues addressed before my third party warranty runs out.

I'm a little distressed.........

I HATE other people touching my truck. But want to make the most of the money I spent on the warranty.

I may end up spending just as much in therapy when this ordeal is over???

Are there support groups for guys with trucks in the shop?

The worst part is, it's a shop that I know and trust. And I still feel this way about the whole thing. I even went for a 20 minute drive with the owner/service manager/ friend of mine.

I can't stand it when I get the oil changed (third party warranty doesn't allow me to change my own oil )

and the truck is out of my site.

I like when they have the window into the service area so I can see that he filled the filter before he put it on the truck. and that he greased ALL of the fittings........

I'm very troubled right now.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I know what your going thru. I only laugh because I feel the same way when somebody is messing with something that did not come easy. Hey we got alot of $, time and effort in these things. Nobody cares more about your stuff than you do. Problem is you dont have a choice. You made a deal and have to stick with it till its done. Its easy for me to say it will be alright. At least you know the folks working on it.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:49 AM

I feel your pain! I haven't had a mechanic touch one of my vehicles in 7 years. I had bad luck and am too cheap. With the number of good mechanics soiled by the few terrible ones, I just don't like the gamble! When shop rates hit $50.00/plus but the mechanics aren't making more than ~$10, I knew the odds weren't in my favor. From return visits to fix the original problem over and over, it worked out to be much cheaper to buy the tools and manuals and do it all myself. I haven't found anything yet that is too tough for a DIY'r with a bit of patience to do. Emergency repairs requiring special equipment are probably out of my realm, but for now I am happy to take care of my own vehicles myself.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Poor baby. Life is tuff sometimes. I know the feeling - - you had the baby, now you have to go thru the process of raising it. Wait until it is a teenager - - then go hide.

DaddyBob
Old 12-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just saw some teenager wearing a mechanic shirt doing donuts in some poor soul's '99 Quad Cab 4x4. Looked like he was having fun...
Old 12-21-2004, 07:14 PM

Was it a Sport, Loaded, 30,000 # Draw-Tite Gooseneck hitch, stainless flares and grill insert?

If it was I think I saw it too!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:42 PM

I know ur pain,

Not with my dodge tho, (best truck i will probably ever own!! ) But with my "other truck" I loved it so much though, when someone else messed with it, and i thought of my time and efforts into it, it cant help but feel like hey!! thats just wrong! almost as bad as havin a guy hit on ur gf, i know both feelings all too well....

TxDiesel007
Old 12-21-2004, 07:55 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by Sidewinder
Was it a Sport, Loaded, 30,000 # Draw-Tite Gooseneck hitch, stainless flares and grill insert?

If it was I think I saw it too!
yup, heck of a smoke show....
Old 12-22-2004, 09:44 PM

<sniff>

Thanks for all your compassion in my time of need.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:00 PM

Well did you get it back in one piece ? Any Tread left on the tires ? How much fuel is left in it ? Check the undercarriage to see if anything is stuck to it from the off-roading.