Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

another week for spring to happen

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hey, I passed my test. Just got in from doc- - - he loved my numbers.
My numbers are great! my cholesterol is routinely flagged as below normal when I am tested....now my ekg on the treadmill was a horse of a different color I guess I will hear the verdict after they take the pictures again tomorrow
Old 04-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I passed today too!
Dr said he's never seen such a rapid recovery and my range of motion is close to equal my left side now.
Green light for shadow boxing and light resistance training.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I passed today too!
Dr said he's never seen such a rapid recovery and my range of motion is close to equal my left side now.
Wow, great news. Just make sure that "shadow" doesn't jump out and jamb your shoulder. Yur duin gud.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
My numbers are great! my cholesterol is routinely flagged as below normal when I am tested....now my ekg on the treadmill was a horse of a different color I guess I will hear the verdict after they take the pictures again tomorrow
I routinely run about 65 on LDL and 80 and HDL. Doc told me to ease up a bit - - too low on LDL and right on HDL so keep up the exercise. My EKG was perfect and pressure 120/70 while I was in the middle of a heart attack (during which I flat lined - - hit me three times to bring me back). My LDL was up at 135 on initial blood work. Soooo, doing much better now. Wow, that was over 15 years ago. Where has the time flown.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
For a change it is nice to read about some of you being on the mend. Keep up the good work. No more bad health news for while, OK?

Tried to work outside this morning for a while, but only lasted about 3 hours. That sun was brutal, plus there was no breeze to speak of. We hit 88F / 31C this afternoon and still no wind. For us, that is an unusually hot day and rivals the mid summer temps.

Heading out fairly early tomorrow morning, but hope to be back by about 2 p.m.

Tea time. Rooibos with vanilla tonight.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:21 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pind! Shortround still kicking! appearantly Fiver n Topper are still kicking too!

had one good day of sunshine and a temp of 69 degrees! finished maple syrup, went with hubby on a motorcycle run (drop off his truck for inspection) and learned that I wasted effort on drilling through firewall to run a wire to a simpler fuse. rain and snow coming again, oh boy.

add me to the good news bus! spine doc says my bones grow in the right places, no surgery needed, other spine stuff is arthritis. do have to do the Chinese scary doctor injection thingys and learn what exercises they want me to do. all from the darkened back room of some old building in the big city, (shiver_) waiting for the back door to lead to an organ harvesting room or something....gets my spider sense tingling.

sharing my lemonade with apple smoked whiskey, I have a viral bug. breathing is not optional.....
Old 04-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning people Coffee is hot, phoo is too...off to get more nuclear materials injected so they can try to image the problem with my heart and make a determination on course of correction.

Yall be safe out there today!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:44 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning. Busy, but time for a quick coffee.

JWBM, that is good news. Now breath, breath, breath.

Shortround hey stranger.

Another great day dawning down here. Hope the warmth spreads north to help out some of you folk that are still in the deep grip of old man winter and Jack Frost.

Out. Gone. ...................
Old 04-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
PH00...............................................aahhhhhh..

OK, y'all behave today, have fun, don't build any snowmen, no donuts on the ice, please.

Gone,

Bob
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Friday is finally here!! This week was day after day of headaches. Louisville was visited by Obama. We had the pleasure of him parking on our ramp. Next week I have to get "creative" to get all the OT and Comp time figured out for our guys. Lot's of crap to deal with, but my guys pulled through. Couple of the youngest members got specifically singled out for their good work by the Secret Service guys.

Lots of rain and more flooding around these parts. Have already heard of a couple rescues. Keep it safe people!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
I snuck up on the tread mill so it didn't see me coming...that solved that issue ....this is the reason I refuse to get a memory foam mattress, I don't want to here it start crying when it realizes I am getting ready to lay down
I'm sure mine would look like a styrofoam cut out instead of a mattress the first night.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I passed today too!
Fantastic news, keep the range of motion up.
Dr appointment today, the one one I was supposed to have had 2 weeks ago. Not doing so well. Seems like everything is working against me getting my gut spliced.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Well the verdict is in.....hopefully a stint will fix my issue if not I am looking at a bypass....such is life.....
Old 04-03-2015, 01:06 PM

Well the verdict is in.....hopefully a stint will fix my issue if not I am looking at a bypass....such is life.....
Sure Scotty and I can fix you up.
Barbed Industrial and General Purpose Hose Fittings | Parker
Old 04-03-2015, 01:10 PM

Looking at this for myself,
Sewer Hose : RV Accessories - Walmart.com
Old 04-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cougar
Actually that is preferable

Quick Reply: another week for spring to happen