Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

another week for spring to happen

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Yo elder twin, how did your head shrink to such an itty bitty size?
I am not real certain....I only remember coming through the door later than expected and my wife tied my LEGGS around my head and rolled me down the stairs

That girl what a sense of humor she has
Old 03-31-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The sooner I never have to deal with the state of Pennsylvania, the better. If I never had to again it would be too soon. Ordered a document two weeks ago and they still are delaying processing the order.

Got a new top for the amigo Sunday. Has sliding side windows, bigger back window, and is black. Looks better than the matching red one it replaced. And not really all that much more than a new back window.

Two days in a row hitting 82 here today.

Spent the day in the blade tractor with the pan filling in holes at stock tanks. Has a really cheap truck seat in it with no suspension. Really hard on the back and neck. Like the particular task but not so much the equipment its done with.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Stan, tools plus sun equal burns. Tools, plus white plastic pail of water, plus foreforethought equal no burns. Learned that one a long time ago, leave the tool in the bucket til you need it, throw it back in as soon as you're done. Clean, cool, happy. Disclaimer: this technique does NOT work well in the winter.

Happy thoughts
Old 04-01-2015, 10:18 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talking softly for Larry's basketball........ May you always smile at his memory, Topper! (Irish saying)

sunshine and 30 degrees, sap is cooking. with weather warming on Thursday, have to pull spiles from sugar maples. over 40 degrees and the sap sugars turn to yeast. or How Indians Made Corn Muffins....

safe trip Stanimal.
balance of good/evil NE? good work and bad back vacuums! is the Amigo a chick magnet?
Old 04-01-2015, 08:19 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings,
The rumors of my demise are unfounded.
Been busier that a one armed paperhanger in a hurricane. I'm ready to call this crap quits. Missing out on scooter time and shooting.
Headed up to the northwest next week. MT, ID, OR, and WA for about a month.
Give me a hollar at bruce.lipe at cherokee dash corp dot com.
going to Helena, Lewiston, Portland, Tacoma, and Yakima.
Gotta get off, lightning getting stupid.

Shortround out
Old 04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Bruce! How the hell are ya? ornery old fart!

Gimme a call some time!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Admin Team Leader

Coffee is on, phoo for you know who....fresh limes for Stanimal....On my way to the horsepistol for a stress test, I am going to try to break the treadmill with my LEGGS!

hanyday
Old 04-02-2015, 06:49 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Thanks Lary. Just what I needed. Hope that you do not get overstressed this morning. Have a ph00, that should help you.

Made it back from Mexico City OK. The trip was successful. Really dislike going there due to all the traffic and air pollution. In Mexico this is known as Holy Week (Easter) and many businesses are closed and people head out of town for vacation. Due to that, Holy Week tends to have the cleanest air of the year in Mexico City. The air pollution was still very obvious, but nowhere near as bad as I saw in China. For those who do not know, Mexico City is located in a sort of bowl, so any air pollution tends to accumulate there. Traffic was better then normal, but still bad. Coming home, it took 1.3 hours to go from the center of the city to the outskirts. After that, we made good time. Glad to be home and back into clean air again.

A few days ago, added a dash light to the compressors that are installed in my toolbox. Drilled a 3/32” hole in the dash next to the pressure gauge and glued a small LED behind it. This makes it a close match to the yellow light for the A/C. It works well and now I know when the compressors are running.

Time for a coffee.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Brutal ice and snow with 45 MPH winds.
Made it home bucking even higher winds yesterday but no ice or snow.

Good luck on the dread mill elder twin.
Tie an ice cream pail around your neck and say its in case you hurl. Maybe use an empty one.
HAHAHAHHA

Old 04-02-2015, 09:16 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
It's summer in Alaska. Girls running around in shorts and tank tops.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - - stopped in quick for a ph00.............................and back to work. Company coming.
Bob
Old 04-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Admin Team Leader

Dang it...I flunked my test...I knew I should have studied

Scotty I didn't have a bucket but I did have a old feed bag I got from a old mule skinner
Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
They were going to put me on the tread mill until they discovered I exceeded its gross weight limit. They rescheduled me for a dyno run instead.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cougar
They were going to put me on the tread mill until they discovered I exceeded its gross weight limit. They rescheduled me for a dyno run instead.
I snuck up on the tread mill so it didn't see me coming...that solved that issue ....this is the reason I refuse to get a memory foam mattress, I don't want to here it start crying when it realizes I am getting ready to lay down
Old 04-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Dang it...I flunked my test...I knew I should have studied
Hey, I passed my test. Just got in from doc- - - he loved my numbers. Told me don't be afraid to enjoy a little "tasty" (emphasis on the "little") once in a while - - your numbers are envious. Better be - - I work hard on them.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
this is the reason I refuse to get a memory foam mattress
We just ordered a new one - - with the adjustable head and foot. Should be nice, especially when the blonde wants to watch TV in bed.

Soooo, grab a ph00 and go enjoy a blueberry muffin. ...............

HappyBob

Quick Reply: another week for spring to happen