Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

another week for spring to happen

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all cool and damp here had snow over the weekend.

Got to fix a couple faucet drips today Gona grab and go y'all have a good one.

(Slips and slides) Scotty I almost fell in your legg dust.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon all - - busy day. Last class this morning - - we will see if I learned anything in a while. I don't know what the craze Canuck was glug glugging, but he didn't make any for us. Soooooo, fresh coffee and Ph00 on the counter along with some peanut butter pretzels for a snack. ..................

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Friend of mine passed Saturday night from lung cancer, hard way to go and I am happy he is no longer suffering...he will be missed.
Sorry for the loss, Lary. Tough on the family and friends but, as you state, many times better for the one suffering. Just lost a very good SS class member this week. He has been hurting for a while and I know by his life, his actions and words he was ready to meet God. So, he definitely is better off, but doesn't make it easier back here. He was an encouragement every week to me and others and very generous to the church and those in need. He will be missed.

Just came in from the lanai laying in the sun and testing the pool. Water is still a bit cool for this boy, but it is gorgeous out there. Hibiscus, gardenias and bougainvillea are all in full bloom. Several orchids. And the ladies (Sand Hill Cranes) were in the yard squawking and foraging. They are so funny to watch. One of them is amazingly tame and wants to come in. Yeh, that would help keep the lanai nice and clean. .....

OK, refill and gone again. ....................

SunTanningBob
Old 03-30-2015, 07:36 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whilest the Fiver was sunning, we were a running....

blizzard conditions at 32 degrees. white outs but it would melt on the ground. 320 mile circle to home, all happy. after we straightened back out on the downhill slides....

I will be testing the hot bath water in the tub, no birds around to see...
Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
REALLY old dog

Scotty what you doing in GR ?
Claude
Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
Scotty what you doing in GR ?
Claude
I picked up my second load of hot tubs for a friends store back home.
I'm already back in Wisconsin.
Be home weds.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:29 PM
REALLY old dog

live north ofGR just south of Cadillac east of 131
[coffee Claude
Old 03-31-2015, 04:58 AM
DTR Mom

hot tubs for all!

morning DTR! give me Liberty or Death, but not a sore throat

enjoy today, be safe and SMILE~makes people wonder......

feel like western omlets, hash browns, and a lil left over grilled sausage....

coffee is black truck stop. find those lil packet thingys to get it right....
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Yum truck stop black Java. None of this fluffyfluffy stuff.

Tried some jalapeño pepperoni last night. I think they forgot the jalapeño's. Cuz there's no second hit. LoL

Y'awl halve ah gud Won.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:03 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning. Today will not tell you what a wonderful day is dawning down here in Paradise.
Ahhhhhh, chewy coffee. Hmmmmm. On second thoughts, not.

Tomorrow I need to take a quick day trip into Mexico City. Going to take the bus because it is less fuss, a lot easier and cheaper than going by car. Here is Mexico, once a person passes 60, they become what is known as the 3rd age and can obtain a government issued card which allows discounts on certain things. For the bus we get a 50% discount. It also puts as at the front of any lineups. Very nice. This is a 3 hour luxury tour bus trip one way, so is very comfortable. As we need to be at our destination by 9 a.m., this means we need to be on the 5 a.m. bus. That does not bother me, but my wife is not a happy camper.

Stopped for fuel yesterday. It now costs just over 3 times to fill up compared to what it used to cost when I first bought the truck.

Will try not to go out today as I have a stack of things to do here at home. Will be doing some work outside and fighting that extremely bright sun.

See yuh.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - for you more civilized ones who enjoy the finer things of life, I have put on a wonderful pot of ph00. Come enjoy...................

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning. Today will not tell you what a wonderful day is dawning down here in Paradise.
Ahhhhhh, chewy coffee. Hmmmmm. On second thoughts, not.

Will be doing some work outside and fighting that extremely bright sun.
Stan, life is tough. I hate all this bright sun and 78 degrees - -NOT. Gorgeous. Heading for the beach later on this evening - - might take supper with us or eat at the restaurant on the beach. Busy around here 2yo
twins-proofing the house. Tough. Lots of borrowed toys. Should be fun and somewhat daunting. Our house is not laid out for this stuff. Gates, hiding glass top tables, polar bear w/cubs from floor under coffee table, emptying book racks, stuff in corner shelves, locks on doors including sliders to lanai and pool - - on and on it goes. Now, where do I put it all???? Garage is jammed and it is 3 car. Hmmm, could bring in a porta-storage for the drive for the 2 weeks. Might need a porta-potty too...............

Good one - - -
BusyBob
Old 03-31-2015, 02:40 PM
DTR Mom

scotty scotty scotty scotty......sorry he missed ewe-disappointed janitor now.
next time CALL him. he does answer phone calls, not on here enough ; busy man, what with that annual shower anxiety....

today is his ______day. the one where people gather around flames and sing HAP E ______day to you! yeah, that day.

sap is cooking today. 50 gallons. humid and 70s in the shack.....nice.
ortho doc offered me a needle, strap and therapy appointment with the athletes....declined the injection. me and the baseball players next week. that ought to look funny.

LARRY! stop running around town in your hospital gown....
Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Man I hate those webcams you can access in town...I can't get away with anything! with Heidi on the ball

I was at a military wake for my buddy last night, long night of toasting and telling stories....big send off for a hell of good man. My head has been the size of a basketball all day

EVERYBODY had a toast to make and geesh my head hurts oh well that was how he wanted it... he pre-paid the bar tab wanting all of his buddies to drink in his honor....we honored his last wish.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lary- You have to do what's right, even if it hurts...

Spent the last two days jumping though hoops. If you follow the TFR's you will know why. Final hoops being put in place tomorrow.

It's going to be interesting. They are forecasting strong to severe storms possible. Maybe it will get cancelled.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:48 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
It's not nice to lose friends and family. The ones that die are fortunate in that all the pain and suffering that they went thru is now passed, but another type of pain remains for the ones that loved them, and in most cases, that pain does not pass quickly.

This day was something like Bob's day. Really horrible. I spent about 3/4 of the day sweating under that blazing sun. Almost no breeze. Every time I picked up a tool it burned my hand. Had a roll of black insulation tape and it quickly assumed the shape of a very sticky pyramid. Life is really rough when forced to work under horrible conditions like this.

As I need to be on the road way before the sparrows even dream about waking up, will not be posting tomorrow morning.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Yo elder twin, how did your head shrink to such an itty bitty size?

Quick Reply: another week for spring to happen