Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Another week of normalcy

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 05:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTR!

Hot Coffee and fresh phoo for you know who....a big box of Donuts on the counter dig in! (Pssst they are virtual donuts so you can eat them with no guilt)

Glad to see the Lord of the plains back..Chris we missed you

TGIF!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...
...Bye
Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHRIS!!!!!!! yes, we wondered and worried and thought and pondered but never thought about sending smoke signals. the kind you would understand.
muh ha ha. love to D too. pet your pup fer me.

all DTR members, have a great, safe and slightly wild memorial weekend to celebrate all who have served and Respect for those who gave their lives in service; to what this country means to us and protection for our families.
it's personal, not political.

ccccold here, 30s tonight. spoiling hubby today (as far as he lets me) and BBQ tomorrow with in laws.

left over food goes to you outlaws.....

hi Shorts!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Another hot night. Had the windows open and the fans on and the mosquito nets up. They are saying mid 70°'s today. Too hot for me.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:44 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hi. Just a quick in and out. The last few days have been h-e-c-t-i-c!!!! Way too much going on in my life. Keep on looking for ways to cut back, but the opposite seems to be happening.

Tomorrow will be cleaning out my truck and giving it a once over and kick the tires for an early Sunday departure to Harlingen, Texas. Done this trip quite a few times over the years with this truck, so it should know the way by now. It's only about 550 miles, so can usually do it in about 10 - 12 hours depending on how fast the border crossing is and how many stops I do. It may rain to on Sunday while driving, which could slow me down a bit. Taking my computer with me, so may be in touch. Returning home next Saturday.

L8tr - maybe.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Made a fast trip to Bowling Green to pick up the Grandson for the weekend. First "longish" trip since the new turbo. No hickups, so that's good.

The surprise was seeing my not quite 15 year old GS is now 6'3" and 200 lbs of muscle. I'm going to be using that to my advantage big time!!! Is it still slave labor when you're related???
Old 05-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Oh goody - -- some ph00 left. Busy day. Company comes in tomorrow for three weeks. The blonde had a list for me a mile long. Started at 5:30 this morning. Just quit. Tired. Up early in the morning and head outside and do some trimming. Looking ragged.

..........................L8tr.

Bobbbbbyyyy
Old 05-22-2015, 09:16 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi JWBM

Evening yall. Have a good Friday night.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi

Father in-law fell three times this wk. I took him to the surgeon.
LoL we all laughed, Dr said come back after the fourth fall, nothing is busted yet.

Bye
Old 05-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
HMMM???? Must be Saturday - - no coffee on. OK, fresh coffee, ph00 and sprinkles on the counter. ............................

Off to conquer another territory.

Bob
Old 05-23-2015, 07:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod

The surprise was seeing my not quite 15 year old GS is now 6'3" and 200 lbs of muscle. I'm going to be using that to my advantage big time!!! Is it still slave labor when you're related???
Absolutely NOT! it is called "Teaching a young man responsibility through the use of hard work and valuable instruction from a concerned Grandparent"
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
After I got it running, I watched the wife try and mow the lawn. Can you say "epic fail"? Gunna need a new garden hose, extension cord, a plastic pink flamingo, and a window for her car.
Follow up Dr visit went well. He says I can go back to work in a couple weeks. I think I want a second opinion.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by cougar
After I got it running, I watched the wife try and mow the lawn. Can you say "epic fail"? Gunna need a new garden hose, extension cord, a plastic pink flamingo, and a window for her car.
Follow up Dr visit went well. He says I can go back to work in a couple weeks. I think I want a second opinion.
My opinion is it was an epic fail.

The pink flamingo is what did it.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I always told my wife that pink flamingos in the yard were meant for kids target practice. What did I get for my birthday?? Yup!

Tried to talk the Grand Son into using the pull behind mower. He cleaned the shop instead. He said that until he sees me use it and not tear something up, he's going to wait. He does like the doubled horsepower from what the factory put on it.

Son is dropping by tomorrow. He is getting ready for a Civil War reenactment. Busy making bannock and jerky. He said that the GS will be learning tomorrow. I think he's bringing his .64 musket. That will be fun! Pink Flamingo look out!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Isn't it amazing what can hide in knee high grass? Just be glad she didn't find the anvil you misplaced a couple months ago.

Quick Reply: Another week of normalcy