Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Another week of normalcy

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Want global warming? Come get ours. 80's in the interior already. Fires already. Above normal temps in south central. Had a fire out of control a mile over this morning. They called in the surrounding departments and got it out in a few hours.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Got word today that State Legal doesn't like the wording in the Position Descriptions for me and my crew. Funny, Last October when I rewrote them, everybody was happy! After that bit of fun, I met with the Doc at Physical Therapy. He thinks there has to be a bad read on my MRI. Got to bring him the disk for comparison. Little does he know, 3 other guys have already looked it over. (I didn't tell him).

Good news is he agrees that more traction table is in order. He basically said, you tell me when to quit. Win for me!

Off to supper, See ya!
Old 05-20-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Want global warming? Come get ours. 80's in the interior already. Fires already. Above normal temps in south central. Had a fire out of control a mile over this morning. They called in the surrounding departments and got it out in a few hours.
Fax it to me.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:43 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Where's the promised global warming? Spent 4 1/2 hours standing out in the orchard spraying the blooming haralson apple tree to ward off the frost.

Tired, but gotta go fix a durned 'puter now. Full employment is over rated me thinks.

bye
hey, depending on your humidity/frost/temps; try a kerosene road pot.
remember them? work excellent on an adjustable tent pole . added bonus was killing off bugs... playing firefighter cured me of hosing down trees.

hey shorts, hmmmm day walking and night working.....
Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
hey, depending on your humidity/frost/temps; try a kerosene road pot.
remember them? work excellent on an adjustable tent pole . added bonus was killing off bugs... playing firefighter cured me of hosing down trees.

I haven't seen one of those since I was a kidlet, 'bout half way through the last century.

I got lotsa water. Think I'll get serious and make a multi nozzle whirley thingy to throw water high and far. That way I should be able to set up one in the middle of the orchard, run a 2" to it and forget it. I don't have quite enough water delivery to run a standard irrigation gun.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:53 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey yall. Sitting in for a few. I'm up, transitioning. Which really means -->

lol exactly

Had a big "my first _". It went well, all of it. Was through before I realized what I did. Needed a few minutes to catch my breath. Still a little in shock maybe, but satisfied...wow, I did that.

Unpredictable. As much as the process of learning and experience means ones eases into more difficult situations, that isn't a luxury in this. I don't get to plan what I get.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm setting out a large assortment of phoo, java, juices, eggs, bacons, fruits, baked goodies and a partridge in a pear tree.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang. Scotty LEGGS must be feeling better. He was "normal" (as much as is possible for him) today and put out some grub. Good going, big boy - - keep it up. Want to see you up and smiling and playing with those spheres again. ........................

Stopped by to rest a bit and grab ph00 before heading back out working. Never done - - grrrr.

Bob
Old 05-21-2015, 08:40 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen one of those since I was a kidlet, 'bout half way through the last century.

Think I'll get serious and make a multi nozzle whirley thingy to throw water high and far. That way I should be able to set up one in the middle of the orchard, run a 2" to it and forget it.

yes. thanks to the Chinese. available at camping/supply stores or on line for those pots.

limited success with those flat spray hoses off a main line, tried to have the low cost factor. too easy to plug when kinda frosty. oh well. hence the lazy way. keeps coyotes honest too.....good luck wizard of industry. heh heh

still cool, but have to do stuff inside and out. Thanks Scottybotty for the food n drink!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:25 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

It's been awhile since I stopped in
Has anyone wondered where I've been?
I have not yet died as some have thought,
Nor by the Feds hunted down and caught.
I have not been marooned at sea
Nor have shrews kidnapped me
I have instead been a busy bee
With too many tasks to do you see.
Replacing ujoints and axle hubs,
Replacing gutters ain't fun bub....
Repairing collapsing retaining wall
And doctoring up poor Karmas paw
A flooded basement added pain
I think we've had too much rain.
A quarter acre garden to hoe
Beans and peppers and 'maters to grow
A winter project I did start
Was tearing my old bass boat apart
New deck and carpet I did plan
But it's quickly gotten out of hand
Not yet finished is its state
So for spring fishing I am too late
And the many hours of overtime?
I have no way to make those rhyme.
I must run, too much to do,
But before I go, let me "fix" Bobs phoo.........

Later y'all
BSafe!
Old 05-21-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Fax it to me.
What's your number?
Yesterdays fire turned out to be someone's meth lab. Might get some rain this weekend, we sure need it.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
yes. thanks to the Chinese. available at camping/supply stores or on line for those pots.

limited success with those flat spray hoses off a main line, tried to have the low cost factor. too easy to plug when kinda frosty. oh well. hence the lazy way. keeps coyotes honest too.....good luck wizard of industry. heh heh

still cool, but have to do stuff inside and out. Thanks Scottybotty for the food n drink!
Usually try to get irrigation going just before it freezes. If I'm late, a couple of minutes washing a stuck line with a 3/4" hand held and 55° water usually frees em up.

Looking at ChiCom 1" sprinkler heads. Would work good for garden irrigation also.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by cougar
what's your number?
1-(900) 258-3537
Old 05-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another day of winning some and loosing others. Biggest looser was a simple repair of a push/pull cable which allows reverse on the 4-wheeler. Sorry if anybody got upset by my vocabulary, and does anybody see that pair of pliers that pinched my finger??

I'll attack it in the morning after Physical Therapy. I do believe I have convinced it that, in the end, I will win. If not, duck...I have another pair of pliers....
Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

[QUOTE = Chrisreyn] It's been awhile since I stopped in
Has anyone wondered where I've been?[/QUOTE]

Funny you ask, yes actually, the last month or so. Certain time of year I think.
Glad to see you pop in

Quick Reply: Another week of normalcy