Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

And another twist ot the hunting tragedy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And another twist ot the hunting tragedy

Anyone read the latest on Vang`s? statements. He claims he was shot at first, as it was OK to retalliate as he did, then goes on to tell how he continued the carnage against the others asking one"your not dead yet?" as he pumps a few more into them. He seems to think it was justified. I see a insanity plea or some other poop a commin from some scumbag lawyer.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insanity? Yea, I'm afraid you are right. But, IF that is the case, don't you think that some other lawyer for one of the victims could then sue the state of Wisconsin for allowing him to carry a rifle with live ammo when he is insane (even temporarily)? You are right though. I do expect an insanity plea. HOWEVER, with the statements that he made, he is as guilty as sin, and I still say he should never be allowed to walk the face of the earth again.
I will donate the first box of shells if need be. Just tell me what caliber is needed.
Tom
Old 11-28-2004, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading what I read your right, he basically convicted himself. There were several quotes from him (If true, dont trust local news) That described how he was chasing several around shooting at them. I suppose he felt threatened. I was kinda blown away from the story. They played it as he was innocent or in self defence, but detailed his outrage at unarmed or unthreatening victems. It made me pretty angry to read it.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:23 PM

Shooting at unarmed hunters when they're farther than 20 ft away is a felony no matter how you put it. But, if we say he shouldn't have been running around w/ a gun if he claims temporary insanity that'll give the anti-gun freaks some ammo for their battle.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
He will get off because he was not breast fed as a child or something stupid like that.

He has been tied to another murder of a farmer checking his land about 2 years ago. His truck was seen in the area. They just put 2+2 togeather, hopefully they will convict this loonie.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
He has been tied to another murder of a farmer checking his land about 2 years ago. His truck was seen in the area. They just put 2+2 togeather, hopefully they will convict this loonie.
Unfortunately the last I heard, he is just a "person of interest" when it comes to the other murder. I must say though, the circumstantial evidence is quite convincing. My offer of the first box of shells still stands.......................
Old 11-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Banned

I'll donate the second. Better yet, bring him down here to my place and I'll make sure justice is carried out.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:35 PM

Re: And another twist ot the hunting tragedy

Originally posted by apache
..... I see a insanity plea or some other poop a commin from some scumbag lawyer.
From an article I just saw on CNN.com

"Attorney Steven Kohn told reporters in Milwaukee that Vang's defense lawyers are looking at "potential mental health and mental responsibility defenses" in addition to a defense on the facts of the case."

~Rob
Old 11-29-2004, 06:06 PM

Get this: I just heard on the local news that first he claimed that one of the other hunter did the shooting and MADE him walk to the bodies. Now he claims that one of the hunters fired first. HOWEVER he does not explain why there were four hunters shot when there was only one gun available. Not only that, two were shot IN THE BACK MULTIPLE TIMES. BB, if there was a way, we should get together and come up with a way to make our "donations".