Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Another Phoenix CTD Stolen...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Phoenix CTD STOLEN...

YOU WARNED ME.... I DIDN'T LISTEN. I was going to buy a club or an autolock or one of those cheesy anti-theft devices but I didn't get around to it YET. Busy weekend trying to find a place to live and organizing my GF moving out from NJ.... so today was my first day of work. 9am-5:30pm, went out for lunch with my new boss and when I came back from lunch it was still there, 5:30pm... IT'S GONE. And the office complex didn't tow me....

I have $4500 into that truck not counting my prescription eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses that these thugs couldn't even have a use for. I don't even know if I should hope they never find it or do find it... if they find it it'll probably have a blown tranny, blown turbo and all the wiring ripped out from my nice radios and all the other crap I worked so hard for... Me and charlie anderson from Greasel.com were about to do a custom veg oil conversion on it too... I just registered this truck on Saturday... if you see this truck, call the police please.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
njoverkill,

CRUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they find it it pretty good shape.

CR

footnote: at least you still have that pretty little GF to console you.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:37 PM

Haha thank you sir. I was going to say.... at least I still have the more important baby.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:51 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
It'll turn up sooner or later.... collect all the pictures and recipts you have of the truck and all the after market goodies. the base truck will be covered by insurance, it's the rest of the goodies you need to prove you had.
good luck, I hope it is a short wait.....
Old 08-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Chapter President

Awwww man, that sucks.

Sorry about the bad news...I'll keep an eye out.

Tom
Old 08-31-2004, 02:20 AM

I will be on the lookout , hopefully they find it soon.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:03 AM

I too will watch, but Im probably 180* off of the thieves intended course.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:59 AM

That really sucks. Man what a friendly welcome to a new town. You know they use to hang horse thieves in the west. I think we need to reimplement that practice.

Good luck
Old 08-31-2004, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTD's are a hot item in Phoenix. Mine was broken into while I was over there racing this spring. I removed a number of the relays when I'm in that area so the truck would have had to have been towed away. I also have a customer that I had to install a new door handle on his CTD. He was at a restaurant in the Phoenix area and someone tried to break into his truck. The police told him that they are dissappearing on a regular basis. News story not too long ago found tons of stolen cars on the indian reservations surrounding the Phoenix area. Most of them stripped.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Chapter President

Patrick,

Remember a little good comes from everything....

I have now convinced my lovely wife that I NEED a new alarm with remote start.

Sorry again for your loss. Keep us posted.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:21 AM

Thanks guys!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:01 AM

Dang Overkill, I am sorry to hear that. I know what a sinking feeling it is to know where you left your truck and see it's not there anymore. Phoenix police won't be much help. The good news is that AZ DPS does run a task force on I-10 which is pretty much the pipeline for stolen vehicles out of Phoenix. When mine was stolen 3 weeks ago, it took 3 days before they were taking it down to Nogales. The thieves sell them in Nogales to the Coyotes (Illegal Alien Runners) who use them for 2 or 3 trips across the open desert filled to the brim with illegals. After the truck breaks down, they will usually abandon it there. That is why they love the diesels. You get more trips out of them.

There are close to 40,000 vehicles stolen in this town every year and the big trucks are their favorites. It is amazing to me that 1 out of every 20 vehicles in this city is stolen in a 12 month period. As you are finding out, everyone has a stolen vehicle story. Unfortunately, the police have become very uninterested in chasing down the culprits.

Pray that the truck is stopped between Phoenix and Tucson. The DPS REALLY have their eyes open for hippies driving nice trucks. (That is how they found mine.) If it makes it to Nogales, you probably won't want it back.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:35 PM

Good grief!! I'm driving out to Phoenix in a couple of weeks with the expectation of enjoying the area. Now, I'm gonna be worried sick the whole time.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:52 PM

Well I just ordered the club AND the autolock. I'll be using them both all the time now I guess. Yeah they are both totally cheesy but what can you do. Whether I get a new truck or get mine back, I'll also install a kill switch.

BTW, I got an 05 Cummins Ram as a rental truck costing me $6/day. Thank you so far progressive.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Chapter President

Nice rental anyway.

I cannot believe how many Silver Rams there are. My heart must have jumped 15 times today. I'd look and there'd be another. None with ALT Fuel plates though. How'd you get that anyway, you runnin' propane?

Quick Reply: Another Phoenix CTD Stolen...