Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Another parts chase

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Another parts chase

Well, after a long posting break I am back. There was a lot going on so I didn't find the time to post or to fix my truck. This will go into another thread when I find the time.
Now I am looking for some help-I need hints and addresses to get some parts over here, and would like to save on shipping costs. Some suppliers will have free shipping into the lower 48, and I would need some address to collect all the parts and then box or crate them into one shipment, create a single invoice for all the parts and ship the stuff to me.
This is because each individual invoice in a parcel or on a crate will see me pay about 15 US$ as a flat fee for the authorities handling the invoice.
I do need the following parts:
For a 97 CTD quad cab long bed 4x4
Bilstein shocks (yellow-blue shocks)
Steering stabilizer
Governor pressure sensor+solenoid
2 Mirrors (Chrome, electrical adjustment)
Brake lines+hoses complete kit
Front brake pads

And for a 5.9 3rd gen quad cab short bed a complete exhaust (Stock or even quieter if possible, eventually stainless)

Well, if anybody knows something that can help me get those parts over here without spending a fortune on shipping I would be glad.
I would love to get these parts from the DTR shop, maybe we can work something out.

Thanks!

Markus
Old 07-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Markus,
Glad you're back! Hope all is still well with the family.
Looks like everything can be found at Genos garage http://www.genosgarage.com/ except the Tranny parts and brake lines for the 02.
You could probably get a package deal from them. I bet the other two items could be found at another place and you would only have 2 invoices to deal with.