Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Another Chinese "Quality Product"

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbrick
AMEN!!!! I have not been through wally worlds doors yet and don't intend to
Maybe you can tell us where we can shop and not see Chinese products. Other than food items and a few other things, I don't think there is such a place. Try to buy a phone, a computer, a TV, a toaster, hardware, clocks, coffee makers, drills, fax machines, car jacks, compressors.............................bla, bla, bla, etc. Where?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the last email sadly enough tells us all why the un-employment level is off the charts and the country is falling fast. Ole big ears Ross Perot was dead on the money when he forecasted what would happen if Nafta passed. I took a drive across the country to pick up a horse Friday and it's sad seeing all of the empty factories in little towns.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:26 PM

****, someone who can't find anywhere to shop besides wally world, I hope you don't starve to death in your quest for supplys.
As for alternatives, there is that good ole staple of America called Sears and a few others that you might have to drive past a few wally worlds to get to, LOL!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Raspy
Maybe you can tell us where we can shop and not see Chinese products. Other than food items and a few other things, I don't think there is such a place. Try to buy a phone, a computer, a TV, a toaster, hardware, clocks, coffee makers, drills, fax machines, car jacks, compressors.............................bla, bla, bla, etc. Where?
I agree with you that it is hard to buy made in the USA products anymore
but I do what I can where I can. W/W does not get my business. I would rather pay a few bucks more to buy to buy american where possible
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mcoleman
And the last email sadly enough tells us all why the un-employment level is off the charts and the country is falling fast. Ole big ears Ross Perot was dead on the money when he forecasted what would happen if Nafta passed. I took a drive across the country to pick up a horse Friday and it's sad seeing all of the empty factories in little towns.
sorry but NAFTA has nothing to do with china just mexico and canada
Old 04-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Here's one reason that one should be skeptical of Chinese Knock-off products.

This is an Oil Filter "Manufacturing" facility in China.
Cotton, rags and such are use as the 1/2 the regular thickness "Filter Media".
Attached Thumbnails Another Chinese "Quality Product"-seizure2.jpg  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:54 PM

You just put the quotation marks in the wrong spot in the title...
It's Another "Chinese Quality" Product.
Now it all makes sense.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by rich
sorry but NAFTA has nothing to do with china just mexico and canada
The Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) is an expansion of NAFTA to five Central American nations (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica and Nicaragua), and the Dominican Republic. It was signed May 28, 2004, and passed through the U.S. House of Representatives by one vote in the middle of the night by the U.S. Congress on July 27, 2005. El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic have also approved the agreement. Costa Rica has yet to vote on the agreement.

CAFTA is a piece in the FTAA jigsaw puzzle, and is based on the same failed neoliberal NAFTA model, which has caused the "race to the bottom" in labor and environmental standards and promotes privatization and deregulation of key public services.

Due to strong resistance by several of the CAFTA countries’ parliaments who, when confronted by the reality of having to make the far-reaching changes to public health and other domestic laws required by the agreement are reluctant to actually implement the deal, the Bush administration was forced to delay the planned Jan. 1, 2006 implementation.

Nafta was the deadly experiement by our elected Government that was the nail in the coffin to jobs and industry for the American people. It was responsible for all of the current so called free trade agreements. It has been pushed, expanded and grown by both the republican and the dem parties since it's inception.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 AM

"HotRodTodd",have you looked at the labels of shirts,pants,tools etc. at Sears?Darn little says Made IN USA!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by irocpractice
"HotRodTodd",have you looked at the labels of shirts,pants,tools etc. at Sears?Darn little says Made IN USA!
Thanks, Iroc That was so obvious.

As far as quality at Sears goes do you remember the Diehard battery scandal where they were re-selling bad batteries as new, over and over. NBC marked some of them and went back to get replacements and found they were sold defective bats as new. My dad went through three of them before getting a good one. Or the car repair scandal where they almost lost their license more than once for ripping people off. Or have you been unfortunate enough to buy tires there and need a repair? Only fix they'll do is a yarn plug at the one my daughter went to. Nice.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by irocpractice
I never said they were perfect, merely an alternative to wally world, LOL.
And last I checked, Sears wasn't putting all the little guys out of business like wally world has been.
The Craftsman brand of tools ARE still all stamped USA made, I just bought 2 new sets of the pro series wrenches the other day after the Snapon man ****** me off, again.
As far as where the other general merchandise type crapola, who knows where it comes from as those are all independant vendors who have more than likely had to move "Off Shore" to stay competitive with the wally world minded, NAFTA and GAT loving folks.
Whoda thunk you would ever have to argue with people to try and support the country they live in, and make their living in.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 AM

HotRod,

No argument form me. We're all a bit nervous about this foreign products, economic downturn thing and the fate of our country. The arguing and increased awareness will lead to some solutions. As usual, it's hard to be smarter.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Why don't you make us all a list where it is acceptable to you, or would make you happy - - - - that we could all shop at. I just paid double for some spacers that are made to order in San. Bernadino Ca for my truck, rather than buying Chinese junk. I don't like it either, but the reality is, if YOU or WE tried not to buy Chinese for 6mths or a year, I doubt we could do it. No doubt folks, we have seen our better days as a nation. Sorry, wish I did not feel that way. I am worried for our country.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guess everyone should see where their trucks are made either canada or mexico
Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
take a closer look at a 'Dodge' and its components and besides being built in Canada or Mexico sometimes...parts...are from all over the globe. Someone can correct or align me on this if I am wrong but I recall that a lot of the Bosch components like injector bodies come from countries like Turkey. Brazil casts blocks [guess what block?], Nippendeso [I probably spelled that wrong and someone can correct it.] has something to do with the starters. Gee, I wonder where those come from? So much of what folks may 'claim' is made in the USA is actually 'assembled' with a certain percentage to allow them to say...Made in the USA. Some of ya need to research this some with the time and resources you have to get the big picture.
Even filters with USA brand name are not always "Made in the USA" I learned that while working with a Baldwin Distribution center. Shes a global economy and market now...have fun sifting through it.

Quick Reply: Another Chinese "Quality Product"