Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Another air horn?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another air horn?

Hey yall, I just ordered a set of Hadley air horns from campingworld. I was just wondering if anybody has used these horns or similar ones (same length Hadleys) and what you think of the sound. I hope I wont be disapointed. They're even coated in black so they wont stand out!

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...m?skunum=21241
Old 01-22-2003, 06:45 PM

Re:Another air horn?

i just checked em out, nice unit! so.....where ya thinking of mounting them? under your hood or up on the cab?
Old 01-22-2003, 07:36 PM

Re:Another air horn?

Behind the front bumper. I'm going to mount them on my Ford untill it get's sold so I can play with them a little. I made a full replacement/grill guard bumper for it so there's plenty of room. I also ordered a lanyard like our fire trucks got!
Old 12-25-2003, 02:32 AM

Do you mean that you're mounting it on the top of the front bumper but pointing to the side? Because I doubt there's room to mount it facing forward, right?

I'm curious because I'm looking to get the train horn seen HERE or the Grover emergency stutter tone horn seen HERE. Only problem is the price...the Grover's $350.

Anyway, these horns are all so long that I'm not sure where I'll put them. I had dual air horns on the '99 F-150 I just sold that were mounted facing forward in the two fog light spaces on my front bumper. I spray painted them silver and they looked pretty nice and were pretty darn loud too. Unfortunately though, they were the cheapo $40 Pep Boys plastic horns and they were pretty finickey. I've been wanting a real horn (particularly a stutter tone horn) for quite some time now.