Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Is the America of the founding fathers dying?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Is the America of the founding fathers dying?

Been reading many of both the political and non political post here on DTR and that has prompted me to ask some questions of the DTR members. I am very curious as to how you guys and gals will answer these questions. Yes, perhaps this should be in the political section, but I am hoping to keep it here for more coverage. Yes, I am fully aware of the many and varied opinions so many of you have, and that is one reason I am curious to get your opinions. Feel free to add your own questions for answers. I have many more questions beyond these, but do not want to overwhelm you.
Please don't start any fires or picking on one another as all I am asking for is answers to my questions. In other words, don't force the mods to move this to the political section. Here they are:

- America as a country is obviously dying, so what in your opinion are the top three root causes of her pending death?

- When did the the death throes of America begin?

- Is there any chance for America to turn back from it's present death spiral? (Especially considering the above root causes)

- Even if America is turned around, is there any way it can go back to being the country of your grandparents and great grand parents? Would you want it to?

- Where do you see America in five years, politically and economically?

- America may very soon lose it's superpower status. Does this concern you and why or why not?

- Does the way the Muslin influence into America affect or bother you in any ways? What ways and why?

- Is the influence of other nationalities and races in America a growing problem or is it stable?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
That's alot to answer! I don't think America is "dying" per say, more like balancing out. For almost 200 years there was a steady (slow by today's standards) incline in population (except baby boomers), jobs, and income, all pretty even in relation to each other. My opinion, past 12-15 years is when the "better business" ethics really hit, where screwing someone else over for your benefit was and is usually rewarding! Not to knock anyone's profession, just my opinion, but take for example the lawsuit frenzy that has kept lawyer firms growing and fresh mercedes in their driveways for the last 20 years, much of the money they are making is over stuff most of us would not blink an eye at. I could go on and on about professions like that, because I'm on the working class side, and the grass is always greener.

I'm not concerned with the world's view on America's "power", and in some ways I hope we loose some of that status quo. I also think that we could be humbled, that we aren't really better than anyone else. A lot of aspects of life are easier, cleaner, and more rewarding, than other countries, and I honestly think that a very small part of the population actually respects that.

It will never be the same country our parents/grandparents lived in, for better or worse. Instant gratification is key, patience for something you work hard for is withering away....and I'm guilty of that myself sometimes! I am however grateful that my parents and grandparents were/are very hard working people that started with very little. They may not have much by some standards now, but we're self-supporting and honestly earn every dollar that comes in and goes out. Even at 4 years old I went to work with my father to earn $5, never got allowance, and I think for me it has done well for learning the value of a dollar....which isn't much these days, but every one counts.

Bottom line for me is, the decline in the booming economy is because of the loss of appreciation of what that dollar means, where it comes from, and what it can do. And in 5 years, I don't think much will have changed, except maybe less coverage on the news about the economy and how its growing here but shrinking there...etc. I think we'll adapt to less money out there, which is not good for a lot of people, but surviving is the bottom line.

Just my opinions.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
It died a long time ago. The founding father had no idea that such corruption and evil could exist in a civilized country.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
It died a long time ago. The founding father had no idea that such corruption and evil could exist in a civilized country.
Amen, that's one reason I have ammo, arrows and fishing line. If this keeps going on I will move higher in the mountains and live the rest of my live off the land as a free man. NO, I won't be paying any more taxes
Old 02-12-2011, 11:06 PM

America isn't dying ... just changing. Been doing this for quite a while. Every so often, something happens to shake our foundation and we get her back on track again.
Still the best place to be ... if it weren't, there would not be so many problems with controlling our borders and having muslim extremists trying to take us down.

Look at all the young protesters in Egypt ...they want to be more like us. They want the freedoms of the western world ... we may be floundering a bit lately, but luckily, that will change after a good day at the ballot box. Still the top of the food chain in MY book.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-13-2011, 12:57 AM

Location: This Nazi state of California 2nd home Gilbert AZ under God
Stan, I know it is ruff, but I gave it a spin.
Brian
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Been reading many of both the political and non political post here on DTR and that has prompted me to ask some questions of the DTR members. I am very curious as to how you guys and gals will answer these questions. Yes, perhaps this should be in the political section, but I am hoping to keep it here for more coverage. Yes, I am fully aware of the many and varied opinions so many of you have, and that is one reason I am curious to get your opinions. Feel free to add your own questions for answers. I have many more questions beyond these, but do not want to overwhelm you.
Please don't start any fires or picking on one another as all I am asking for is answers to my questions. In other words, don't force the mods to move this to the political section. Here they are:

- America as a country is obviously dying, so what in your opinion are the top three root causes of her pending death?
Money system ie President Wilson creating The Federal reserve and going off the gold standard. The progressives slowly demoralizing the people. You have to be 50+ to have seen the decay. Washington is a distraction from the extreme wealthy who control everything and even choose the ***** that we elect. They are all the same in Washington and both side have their arms around each other sucking from the tax payer and keeping all us distracted from real agenda.
- When did the the death throes of America begin?
With the creation of the Federal reserve allowing the rich to control and devalue our money for their gain.

- Is there any chance for America to turn back from it's present death spiral? (Especially considering the above root causes)
Not without a new civil war.

- Even if America is turned around, is there any way it can go back to being the country of your grandparents and great grand parents? Would you want it to?

I believe it done. I was born in and raised and have lived in California and have seen the change starting with the hippies of the 60 and 70 and now they are in power. They are mentality looney and crazy. For an example they built communes for the Sonoma state teacher next to my property. They all drive little car that they do not wash ever because it pollutes the streams. Four families to a four plex with a central kitchen for each four units, Yes they all have all those bumper stickers on there cars. They now control the city council seats 100% It makes me want to puke. Heck yes I want it back but I out numbered. When things go bad and there is no money for law and social programs and the civil unrest starts I am going to my Arizone house where I have alot of BB guns and BBs. I would love to go back to the old values.

- Where do you see America in five years, politically and economically?
One word "Trashed"

- America may very soon lose it's superpower status. Does this concern you and why or why not?
We are already laughed at. No other country leaders respects our Daddy long legs and his leadership. Also The UN needs to be undone. It s a joke.

- Does the way the Muslin influence into America affect or bother you in any ways? What ways and why?

I think that not all Muslims are evil. The problem is how the heck do you really tell which one want to cut your throat.

- Is the influence of other nationalities and races in America a growing problem or is it stable?

Yes it is a problem. The architects of the Federal reserve have tried to keep the gear cogs moving by growing the population. The problem is the original base is decreasing
Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
America is dying. Lack of morals....greed....is all a root cause of getting away from the one and only book...The Bible.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
America is dying. Lack of morals....greed....is all a root cause of getting away from the one and only book...The Bible.
Pretty much sums it up!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
Between you and Brian, you both took the words right out out of my mouth.
Looks like our options are running out. Keep yer powder dry.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 PM

Well ... here is one thought on why we are weaker than in the past and partially responsible for the decay ...what are our kids being taught in school these days ??

My son is at this moment, completing an english assignment that requires him to write and acostic poem. First off ... I had to look up the word to guide him ... secondly, I had to come up with some kind of BS answer as to why this was important for him to know.

Unless one is learning to cypher messages ... it is friggin' useless info. Sure, one can argue that it teaches a child to use their brain to sort out complex thoughts / problems or to teach them attention to detail ... but these lessons can just as easily be taught learning basic life skills. Things that will actually benefit the person and later on, the rest of us. Reading a tape measurer, balancing a checkbook, building, fixing, cleaning, painting, organizing, reading ...

We have stopped teaching basic Life Skills 101 in our curriculum and as a result have increased our reliance on gadgets to do for us and is the root cause of our becoming a disposable society . This dumbing down of America is, in my opinion what is making us weak.

Just a thought ... not the be-all, end-all.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Well ... here is one thought on why we are weaker than in the past and partially responsible for the decay ...what are our kids being taught in school these days ??

My son is at this moment, completing an english assignment that requires him to write and acostic poem. First off ... I had to look up the word to guide him ... secondly, I had to come up with some kind of BS answer as to why this was important for him to know.

Unless one is learning to cypher messages ... it is friggin' useless info. Sure, one can argue that it teaches a child to use their brain to sort out complex thoughts / problems or to teach them attention to detail ... but these lessons can just as easily be taught learning basic life skills. Things that will actually benefit the person and later on, the rest of us. Reading a tape measurer, balancing a checkbook, building, fixing, cleaning, painting, organizing, reading ...

We have stopped teaching basic Life Skills 101 in our curriculum and as a result have increased our reliance on gadgets to do for us and is the root cause of our becoming a disposable society . This dumbing down of America is, in my opinion what is making us weak.

Just a thought ... not the be-all, end-all.

Cheers,
PISTOL
True PISTOL, it's the Government dictating what kids learn, or more impotantly, what they DON'T learn. Government wants every child brainwashed
to trust the Government for everything.

And Brian: Money system ie President Wilson creating The Federal Reserve and going off the gold standard. The progressives slowly demoralizing the people. You have to be 50+ to have seen the decay. Washington is a distraction from the extreme wealthy who control everything and even choose the ***** that we elect. They are all the same in Washington and both side have their arms around each other sucking from the tax payer and keeping all us distracted from real agenda.
The Federal Reserve is not actually part of our government, but the group
of very powerful banks who manipulate our monetary system. Yes, Wilson
was behind it. When the Federal Reserve took over, Henry Ford said, "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand
our banking and monetary system, for if they did,
I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
Greedy, Greedy, Greedy
Old 02-14-2011, 02:43 AM

And who owns these banks? I am aware that the Federal Reserve is both public and private but try finding who owns theses shares? It discloses nothing.

I remember Fox News trying to look at just one bank and half of the shates was held by a private Delaware Corp and Delaware discloses nothing on Corporations created in their state. Nevada also discloses nothing about Corporation created in their state.

The truth is most of these banks shares are also foreign owned according to Fox news. More Washington smoke and mirrors and dungeon and dragons dung to hide these wealthy directors of a bigger plan. People like Ben Bernanke are just puppets.

Originally Posted by befitz
True PISTOL, it's the Government dictating what kids learn, or more impotantly, what they DON'T learn. Government wants every child brainwashed
to trust the Government for everything.

And Brian: Money system ie President Wilson creating The Federal Reserve and going off the gold standard. The progressives slowly demoralizing the people. You have to be 50+ to have seen the decay. Washington is a distraction from the extreme wealthy who control everything and even choose the ***** that we elect. They are all the same in Washington and both side have their arms around each other sucking from the tax payer and keeping all us distracted from real agenda.
The Federal Reserve is not actually part of our government, but the group
of very powerful banks who manipulate our monetary system. Yes, Wilson
was behind it. When the Federal Reserve took over, Henry Ford said, "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand
our banking and monetary system, for if they did,
I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
Greedy, Greedy, Greedy
Old 02-14-2011, 02:54 AM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
America was euthanized by the greedy politicians that over regulated / taxed the business's out of the country..
Old 02-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Stan - very good questions but they are numerous, complex and to prepare to discuss them we need a "digital app" to assist us. Without the digital app that comes with vid clips, sound and shocking/astonishing effects we are hooped.

Basically the same holds true here in Canada, not much difference.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Brian08Q35004x4
And who owns these banks? I am aware that the Federal Reserve is both public and private but try finding who owns theses shares? It discloses nothing.

I remember Fox News trying to look at just one bank and half of the shates was held by a private Delaware Corp and Delaware discloses nothing on Corporations created in their state. Nevada also discloses nothing about Corporation created in their state.

The truth is most of these banks shares are also foreign owned according to Fox news. More Washington smoke and mirrors and dungeon and dragons dung to hide these wealthy directors of a bigger plan. People like Ben Bernanke are just puppets.
I agree 115%!

Thomas Jefferson knew of the danger of banks when in a letter to John Taylor
in 1816 said this, "And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."

Quick Reply: Is the America of the founding fathers dying?