Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Amazon strikes out again

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 08:58 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Amazon strikes out again

3rd time this year I received a recall notice form Amazon concerning medical supplies. One for adhesive tape and two for diabetes test strips. They were either counterfeit or contaminated. A lot of money flushed down the toilet not to mention a possible health risk. I'm done buying med supplies through Amazon. Not their fault, it's the vender. Amazon did send out the warning though.
Old 06-22-2024, 09:19 AM

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Like our buddy NJTman who received "OEM" Cummins parts in zip lock bags last time he ordered them from Amazon.

Seems legit, as all the big parts suppliers are zip locking there parts up now...Haha

Amazon - a way to "save" money by buying cheap stuff you can't even use.
If you can not use it at all, it was not cheap, it was expensive garbage.
Old 06-22-2024, 09:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I also have had a few of those and have given the scamazon the old heave ho for the bait and switch tactics.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:26 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Like I said not their fault. At least Amazon tries to monitor their vendors and takes action when something goes wrong. I've done a lot of business through them over the years because of living in Alaska and have had very little trouble. Most of their venders are on the up and up. Fleabay on the other hand never seems to take action against a bogus seller. Advertising china junk as OEM replacements is a big one. In the rare occasions I do use fleabay it is form known legit sources. I can do better using Craig's list. At least there I can inspect before I buy. Thanks to uncle Joe and friends, more and more products being sold on any open web listing could have very well been stolen by looters, porch pirates, hackers, and the like.