Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Almost wrecked this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Almost wrecked this morning.

I live down a dead end paved county road, that t'ees into a FM road. There is nothing but woods on the sides of both roads, and no houses for miles.

I left the house this morning @ 5:00 am, and headed to work. It rained last night, and the roads were slick. My windshield was fogging up, and I was having a hard time keeping it clear. I was approaching the stop sign, where the country road meets the FM road. Now, there is usually a yellow sign that says "stop ahead" just before the stop sign, but I didnt see it. I was bee-boping along @55, and all of the sudden I could see the FM road really close, so I locked 'em up. My truck slid to a stop in the middle of the FM road!!!!! Luckily there was no traffic coming becuase there was no way I was stopping. I sat there for a split second, and thanked God for sparing my life. I called my wife, and told her. She said that she had a bad feeling about me when I left, and she said a prayer for me. I am truly blessed. I was shaking for about 15 minutes after that.

There is a huge live oak tree directly across the road, and if I would have gone straight across the FM, I would have nailed it. In the past 5 years I have seen atleast 2 cars do the same thing I did, but were going much faster, and sailed across the road into the oak tree.

I try my best to not get out of 4th gear on this road becuase of this reason. THere are always deer, and hogs running out, and I cant stop this heavy rig fast enough. So I try to keep it under 55, and cruising in 4th gear helps. And even on the foggiest mornings I always drive by the "stop ahead" sign, and its never let me down.

I did not like this at all. It was like slow motion when it happened, and I could think about was oncoming traffic T-Boning me. Im so thankfull there wasnt.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd hate to know how many times I've been close to that. Be very thankful someone wasn't coming.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out all right. I'm sure that pretty little wife of yours isn't quite ready to be a widow yet. Be careful out there!!