Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

With all things...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all things...

I can't help but read and be amazed.

There are strong feelings here both ways. We have seen many sides to the same story, and I for one think we need to take a minute and be grateful for all the people that have sacraficed so that we can sit here and do this. All the times that they have stood in rain, snow, sand, blazing hot, freezing cold. Being shot at in the name of democracy. Thank God.

That should be something that crosses all lines.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: With all things...

Originally posted by sgrooms
I can't help but read and be amazed.

There are strong feelings here both ways. We have seen many sides to the same story, and I for one think we need to take a minute and be grateful for all the people that have sacraficed so that we can sit here and do this. All the times that they have stood in rain, snow, sand, blazing hot, freezing cold. Being shot at in the name of democracy. Thank God.

That should be something that crosses all lines.
Amen to what he said. I think very few Americans realize how great we have it.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
America is the only country on earth that treats its prisoners and convicts better than it treats its solders.

I’m sorry for that, but extremely proud that they (the solders) are willing to do the things they do.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Now the prisoners want LCD tv's - - better picture - - won't hurt their eyes.

God bless our service people - - and protect them from misguided religious idiots.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a sheriff in AZ that has the right idea. Make the jail into a place that no one wants to come back to.
He has painted the walls pink and the overflow prisoners have to live in tents. No AC, no TV and feeds then sandwiches. If it’s good enough for our service men/ women then it’s good enough for our prisoners.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember nights long ago 10,000 miles away from my new daughter, sitting in a rain (very quietly with my poncho over me) eating c-rations and feeling a little sorry for myself. I am proud now to have given that time to my country even though the result was less than desired. I would give my life for this country then and now. Because of these feelings I appreciate what we have as Americans.
It does however wear on my headbone to think that prisoners think they have rights beyons what we offer our american servicemen and women.