Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Where are you serving in the Armed Forces?
I serve in the USA.
54.55%
I serve outside the USA, but not in Iraq or Afganistan.
15.15%
I am in Iraq.
9.09%
I am in Afganistan.
0%
I am in the US Army.
15.15%
I am in the US Navy.
18.18%
I am in the US Marines.
9.09%
I am in the US Air Force.
36.36%
I am in the US Coast Guard.
18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah we go down there all the time, been down there a few times my self. yeah if you ever see the KC-135's rock their wings back thats us waving back.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 AM

PCS is change of duty station.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 PM

Talking

active duty Coast Guard here! six years in just the other day... 14 to go till retirement... love the job! just got back from helping clean up the hurricane mess down in Louisanna!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 PM

Active duty Army, stationed at Ft Stewart, GA in the 3rd ID, currently in Samarra, Iraq and will be heading back stateside in January. Ive been in for 7 years and in June of 2006 im getting out and dont have a clue of what im gonna do but i gotta figure something out so i cant make my truck payments.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:34 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the_dubster98
active duty Coast Guard here! six years in just the other day... 14 to go till retirement... love the job! just got back from helping clean up the hurricane mess down in Louisanna!
Where ya stationed?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Where ya stationed?
Yes, inquiring Coastie minds would like to know. Whats your rate?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:21 AM

Active Duty Army Combat Medic on third combat tour, been in 20 years currently station in Mosul Iraq. Will retire upon return to Ft. Lewis Wa. Beautiful Wife, 2 very handsom boys, one black lab.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Opsec

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines:

OPSEC! Tell us about your career and family, and where you've been in the past.

But FUTURE deployment info should be vague. No specifics on location, time, etc. You ALL know that... We aren't the only ones reading the Internet.

That said:

I'm active Air Force. Enlisted in 1994, was accepted into the Academy (Colorado Springs) in 1996, graduated in 2000.

I'm currently a Logistics Readiness Officer (supply, transportation, logistics planning-- 21R3) station in Cheyenne, WY. I've deployed twice (but I'm not sure the deployment to Italy counts) and of course, to the desert.

I'm hot to deploy again early next year, but will probably stay home (i.e. not get tasked).

My current job is somewhat dissatisfying as it doesn't challenge me in ways other than patience.

But I LOVE serving in the USAF, and it's the greatest group of people I've ever had the honor of working with. The type of excellence and service you see in people, even at modest incomes, is something that every civilian company would kill for.

If I could start a company and have employees that worked as hard for as little as the military folks do, I'd be VERY wealthy in no time!

"Insert MacArthur's Duty Honor Country speech here".

God Bless the USA and all who serve it!

Justin
Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ednerin
Currently stationed at Nellis AFB NV. I was at Kadena AB Japan before here. I am married and have 3 kids 2 almost out of the house yea!! I'm the lead engine technician for the F-16 unit I am assigned to. I've learned a lot from this site thanks to all of you, and thank-you for supporting your military.
What squadron are you with at Nellis? It used to be Viper and Falcon but they changed Falcons name to something else. I am a F-16 Crew Chief. I was at Falcon for 4 years. Then I did some time at the Kun and now I teach at Sheppard.

By the way I am AD Air Force, almost 9 years and counting, E-5, F-16 Crew Chief, stationed at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Geico266

What is PCS?
A "Permanent Change of Station" Its when you get orders and go to a new base.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackSheep5
Active duty Army, stationed at Ft Stewart, GA in the 3rd ID, currently in Samarra, Iraq and will be heading back stateside in January. Ive been in for 7 years and in June of 2006 im getting out and dont have a clue of what im gonna do but i gotta figure something out so i cant make my truck payments.
You'll do just fine. The economy is good and jobs are plentiful, especially for guys coming back from Iraq.

Thanks man!

Thank you all.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:13 PM

United States Navy serving at spec war
Old 11-19-2005, 09:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by one8upcb
Thanks for dropping in and saying hi. Don't be a stranger. We appreciate your service.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by one8upcb
Where are you stationed ??? I'm at NSWU2 in Germany. Good to have you checking in here at DTR !!

PISTOL
Old 11-20-2005, 07:31 AM

Iraq

I am currently deployed to Iraq, I will be returning in DEC.
I love 4x4 in, building go karts, I am currently trying to buy a house in ashland city TN, I am married with 2 kids, I currently am a Apache Helicopter Mechanic, I will be getting my A & P Cert after I get back home. ANyone in the area can send me a tell and we can meet or something sometime. I currently live in Clarksville TN. I consider myself a **** good mechanic, I just dont tell everyone cause in the military there are alot of good scammers at getting me to do all the work on their trucks, and after about 6 people asking me, I dont get any time of my own. If you all know what I mean. I also love to invent and desgin, Mechanical stuff, I am currently working with hydrogen stuff... ( start small with lawn mowers and stuff then work up.) I love building go karts... and sand rails... and stuff..

Catch you all laters

Dangousity

Quick Reply: Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!