Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Where are you serving in the Armed Forces?
I serve in the USA.
54.55%
I serve outside the USA, but not in Iraq or Afganistan.
15.15%
I am in Iraq.
9.09%
I am in Afganistan.
0%
I am in the US Army.
15.15%
I am in the US Navy.
18.18%
I am in the US Marines.
9.09%
I am in the US Air Force.
36.36%
I am in the US Coast Guard.
18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
HERMIT CRABS! Thats them. Wait till they get the urge to mate! You can't drive anywhere! They cover the road and you have to crush them to get anywhere. Its like driving on ice! ewwww!

Thats the Jap guy! I guess it was a year before I got there, but that is him for sure! Pretty crazy stuff. Do you do any diving in the area?
Hmmm, been here a year and a half and haven't seen any wiley hermit crabs. Not many on the roads anyway, plenty in the water and at the beaches and neaby jungle.

And yes, I am a diver now. Became certified in SCUBA a little after I got here. I have dove a drift dive at Cocoas Island, a night dive at Fish Eye park, and a handful of dives at the Navy base.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Hmmm, been here a year and a half and haven't seen any wiley hermit crabs. Not many on the roads anyway, plenty in the water and at the beaches and neaby jungle.

And yes, I am a diver now. Became certified in SCUBA a little after I got here. I have dove a drift dive at Cocoas Island, a night dive at Fish Eye park, and a handful of dives at the Navy base.
Kewl! Is there a Jap Zero in the harbor you can dive? Or is my memory failing.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by zack_76401
USAF active duty here....E-5 stationed at Hill AFB UT.

Headed over to the sandbox (IRAQ) 26DEC05......

So ill be offf here for a while...
Good luck Zack, stay safe. They have puters over there so check in and start a few threads on how we can help the guys over there. I make a mean carepackage!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
Kewl! Is there a Jap Zero in the harbor you can dive? Or is my memory failing.
Not a Zero thats in Apra Harbor (the Zero is sunk elsewhere on the island). There is a Japanese sea plane is in the harbor nearby San Luis beach on the Navy base. One of its wings is at snorkelers depth by the beach. The plane is at ~60 ft and is upside down (i think, i haven't dove that site yet) and one of its engines (it was a twin engine) is at 100 ft depth. Engine is at bearing 060 from the tail section.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Navy AT2 type Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, OK
Old 10-24-2005, 10:09 AM

Man billygoat, I tried to get orders there awhile back but couldnt get released from shore duty unless I wanted to go back to the dessert I am CE2.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM

Air Force active duty here, at Goodfellow AFB. I hate Goodfellow, I hate my job, and I hate what I do here. I'm an electronics/computer maintainer, but I fly a desk with no job...can't wait to PCS.

I've had good assignments before though. Did a year in S. Korea, and a little over 2 yrs in Germany. Been TDY to Saudi, Qatar, Oman, and Iraq...total TDY time of 11 months...not including the 4 month "deployment" I had to New York last summer...what a blast. 7 years in. Love my career, just hate my job.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by billygoat02
US Navy AT2 type Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, OK
You have the worst duty of all man! Putting up with da Air Force?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dave88LX
Air Force active duty here, at Goodfellow AFB. I hate Goodfellow, I hate my job, and I hate what I do here. I'm an electronics/computer maintainer, but I fly a desk with no job...can't wait to PCS.

I've had good assignments before though. Did a year in S. Korea, and a little over 2 yrs in Germany. Been TDY to Saudi, Qatar, Oman, and Iraq...total TDY time of 11 months...not including the 4 month "deployment" I had to New York last summer...what a blast. 7 years in. Love my career, just hate my job.
I was just kidding about the AF.

What is PCS? Hope its a good thing!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Stationed up here in Grand Forks ND, boom operator in the USAF. been in about 3 years now. LANCE D how long ago were you in Qatar? I just got back 2 weeks ago was out there for 82 days and 60 days 5 weeks before that.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:25 PM

BTW I'm not in the military... done work at many bases as a civilian contractor. Wanted to thank you guys for all of your hard work. Did anyone besides me get to see the last Titan4 missile go up from VAFB last week? Quite a site! I live 10 miles from the base so I get a front row seat. I guess it can be seen very well from Arizona and Nevada also.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, what about those of us who are retired from the military ???
Old 10-25-2005, 04:34 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chip
I'm in the U.S.Coast Guard, stationed aboard Coast Guard Cutter Hudson out of Miami Beach, Fl. Cutter Hudson is a 160 ft inland water construction tender. ......Miami will be in my rearview mirror in June of 06'. Miami is just NOT my kind of city.
Chip
I am an "ex" Coastie..... BM2 on the Cutter Dilligence , then Durable, both out of Key West.....loooong time ago. Both were 210 WMEC's doing drug inderdiction and S/R....I think both have been decommisioned now....
Had some great times in Miami back then... what I can remember of them...not sure if its age now or the drunken haze I was in then that is blurring the memories.....
Old 10-25-2005, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by diesel_burner
Stationed up here in Grand Forks ND, boom operator in the USAF. been in about 3 years now. LANCE D how long ago were you in Qatar? I just got back 2 weeks ago was out there for 82 days and 60 days 5 weeks before that.
Do you ever do touch & go work in Lincoln, NE? We have a 13,000' runway the heavy's use for pracitice all the time. I live near the flight path. That would be me waving at the planes next time your down here.

Quick Reply: Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!