Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Where are you serving in the Armed Forces?
I serve in the USA.
54.55%
I serve outside the USA, but not in Iraq or Afganistan.
15.15%
I am in Iraq.
9.09%
I am in Afganistan.
0%
I am in the US Army.
15.15%
I am in the US Navy.
18.18%
I am in the US Marines.
9.09%
I am in the US Air Force.
36.36%
I am in the US Coast Guard.
18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailpipes
Sonar Technician (Surface) First Class. Currently stationed in Whidbey Island, WA and deployed on a T-AGOS class ship thats run by MSC (civilian). Not quite the same as my first sea duty on a cruiser. We have two-man state rooms, civilian cooks (no recipe cards) and our only responsibility while underway is standing our watch (no drills, maintenance or General Quarters in the middle of the night). The big bonus is that we get to do our job a lot more.

Going to submit my package for Limited Duty Officer this year. I like being a Sonar Tech but am ready for a change of pace.
That sounds like great duty! I was on a destroyer for 2 years. YIKES! Drills everyday at sea. I was a machinery repairman 2nd class, but damage control was my calling.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ednerin
Currently stationed at Nellis AFB NV. I was at Kadena AB Japan before here. I am married and have 3 kids 2 almost out of the house yea!! I'm the lead engine technician for the F-16 unit I am assigned to. I've learned a lot from this site thanks to all of you, and thank-you for supporting your military.
I was working in MODs until Jun. Now I'm at Mountain Home and bought my truck shortly after getting here. Much better prices.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
What did you think of the hurricane damage? Were you flying in Iraq?

The damage in New Orleans was unreal...I have some pics on my PhotobucketKatrina Pics

Flew a little in Iraq.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:45 PM

Hello
I retired with 21 years service with the US Marines, currently working with them still.

My wife is a US Marine serving with the 24th MEU.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:56 PM

Station at Mountain Home, ID with alot of places play. Coming up on 22 years this Dec and still haven't figured out what I want to do when I graduate from High School. Maried for over 9 years with three kids all out of school now, thank god. Waiting on the last one to leave the nest, going in the AF. I plan on retiring in 06 and heading back to Rapid City SD where the grand kids are.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
I remember being on Guam when the sand crabs migrated from the jungle to the beaches. Pretty bizzar! Have you seen that yet?

Also, to show you how old I am, a Japananese soldier surrendered a month before my ship got to Guam. It was 1975! Pretty bizzar! He was living in the jungle waiting for the Japanese ships to return.
Haven't seen the sand crabs but plenty of coconut and hermit crabs. That Japanese guy I believe was SGT Yokoi. Click here for more info on him.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:41 AM

Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone from the center of Iraq. I have really enjoyed reading the forums. I have learned a ton about diesels from the post everyone has on the site. Thanks everyone!
I am currently stationed around a very little hot spot in the nothern region of Iraq. It's somewhere between Kirkuk and Baji...
I have 21 years of service in the Army National Guard the last 18 months deployed to Iraq. I am the Platoon Sergeant for the 1-163 In Bn, Cav Scout Plt.
It's been a long and stressfull year for my joes and me. 41 IED's to date and No serious injuries. THANK GOD, and some great people building M-1114's.
I can tell you all, my men and I have all been hit with IED's that should have killed everyone in the truck and we have all made it. They are the best thing out there for saving soldiers lives. Keep up the good work.
I hope to be homeward bound soon and really look forward to putting some time in with the family and some travel miles on my truck.(and some bombs that i have on the shelf) Thanks again for the Info.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been in since Sep '68. 9 yrs Navy, full time Army National Guard ever since. Spend all my time lurking in the Bat Cave. Presently the Missile Maintenance Chief at Camp Robinson. 3 yrs, 2 months left before retiring.
Boatnik, I think some of us have more time submerged than others have in

Shortround out
Old 10-23-2005, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by DDforHB
Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone from the center of Iraq. I have really enjoyed reading the forums. I have learned a ton about diesels from the post everyone has on the site. Thanks everyone!
I am currently stationed around a very little hot spot in the nothern region of Iraq. It's somewhere between Kirkuk and Baji...
I have 21 years of service in the Army National Guard the last 18 months deployed to Iraq. I am the Platoon Sergeant for the 1-163 In Bn, Cav Scout Plt.
It's been a long and stressfull year for my joes and me. 41 IED's to date and No serious injuries. THANK GOD, and some great people building M-1114's.
I can tell you all, my men and I have all been hit with IED's that should have killed everyone in the truck and we have all made it. They are the best thing out there for saving soldiers lives. Keep up the good work.
I hope to be homeward bound soon and really look forward to putting some time in with the family and some travel miles on my truck.(and some bombs that i have on the shelf) Thanks again for the Info.
Thank you for leading the younger guys, and for your service to our country. Keep them save as you can. We hear moral is high, and we all hope that is so. Stay safe and keep us informed of how you are doing and what is going on.

If you know of one of your troopies that is not getting any care packages from home PM me and we'll put togeather a holiday package for him or her.

All of you guys serving do us PROUD!
Old 10-23-2005, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Haven't seen the sand crabs but plenty of coconut and hermit crabs. That Japanese guy I believe was SGT Yokoi. Click here for more info on him.
HERMIT CRABS! Thats them. Wait till they get the urge to mate! You can't drive anywhere! They cover the road and you have to crush them to get anywhere. Its like driving on ice! ewwww!

Thats the Jap guy! I guess it was a year before I got there, but that is him for sure! Pretty crazy stuff. Do you do any diving in the area?
Old 10-23-2005, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
Hello
I retired with 21 years service with the US Marines, currently working with them still.

My wife is a US Marine serving with the 24th MEU.
Once a Marine, always a Marine. Where were your duty stations? After 21 years maybe I should ask where were you NOT stationsed. lol
Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by slowwheelin
Station at Mountain Home, ID with alot of places play. Coming up on 22 years this Dec and still haven't figured out what I want to do when I graduate from High School. Maried for over 9 years with three kids all out of school now, thank god. Waiting on the last one to leave the nest, going in the AF. I plan on retiring in 06 and heading back to Rapid City SD where the grand kids are.
We love our grandkids too. Kinda fun to watch them scurry around.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:44 PM

Hello
Geico266
I am just a young fella, I joined the Corps in 79 and went to boot camp Jan 1980.
I been to Japan a couple of times and also to Korea a couple of times.
Took a trip to Kuwait in 90/91.
Made a couple of floats a a big gray boat to the Med a couple of time with the MSSG 26.
retired in 2001
since I retired made two trips to Iraq working with US Marines.
Currently sitting at home drinking a cold beer.

See Ya
Chris
Old 10-23-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
Hello
Geico266
I am just a young fella, I joined the Corps in 79 and went to boot camp Jan 1980.
I been to Japan a couple of times and also to Korea a couple of times.
Took a trip to Kuwait in 90/91.
Made a couple of floats a a big gray boat to the Med a couple of time with the MSSG 26.
retired in 2001
since I retired made two trips to Iraq working with US Marines.
Currently sitting at home drinking a cold beer.

See Ya
Chris
How cool is that! You get to travel to exotic places in your retirement!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 AM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
USAF active duty here....E-5 stationed at Hill AFB UT.

Headed over to the sandbox (IRAQ) 26DEC05......

So ill be offf here for a while...

Quick Reply: Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!