Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Where are you serving in the Armed Forces?
I serve in the USA.
54.55%
I serve outside the USA, but not in Iraq or Afganistan.
15.15%
I am in Iraq.
9.09%
I am in Afganistan.
0%
I am in the US Army.
15.15%
I am in the US Navy.
18.18%
I am in the US Marines.
9.09%
I am in the US Air Force.
36.36%
I am in the US Coast Guard.
18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!

Let us know where you are stationed and what you are doing. Be as specific as you can so we get an idea of what you are doing, how long you have been in, and what are your future plans. Are you married, kids, ect. We want details! You don't have to be in Iraq to serve so let us know where you are and whats going on. What are your duties, dislikes, good times, stuff like that.

Thank you in advance for your service to our country.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about those who have loved one's stationed somewhere. For example, my husband is currently in the Navy and is stationed in Iraq and has been since the beginning of August. In November he will be moved to Saudi Arabia.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys for keeping my country, my state, my county, my city, and my home safe and sound!

Without those who volunteer to serve their country and back up what they talk about by serving in the Armed forces this country would not exist!

Again Thank you, Godbless and Gods speed in your safe return from wherever your next assignment may be!!!

Rick
Old 10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
U.S. Coast Guard, stationed in Guam. Who's the other Coastie that's on the poll?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:12 AM

Currently stationed at Nellis AFB NV. I was at Kadena AB Japan before here. I am married and have 3 kids 2 almost out of the house yea!! I'm the lead engine technician for the F-16 unit I am assigned to. I've learned a lot from this site thanks to all of you, and thank-you for supporting your military.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:56 AM

Ahhhh .... you don't have to thank any of us for doing what we do. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't the right thing to do. I am very proud of everyone who is on the Tip of the Spear, taking the war to the bad guys and putting warheads on foreheads.

As for me .... the signature says a lot. Navy for almost 19 years, Chief Petty Officer.
I have a lovely wife of almost 20 years, 4 kids (3 boys, 1 girl) from 4 to 17 years old.
They are back in the states and I am here supporting Navy SEALs.

PISTOL
Old 10-22-2005, 07:03 AM

I've been in the Army for a little over 4 years and have around 20 left. I've done 4 tours overseas (2 Iraq and 2 Afghanistan) while I was enlisted. Got married to the most understanding woman sometime between those deployments. Now I am Warrant Officer in flight school at Ft. Rucker, AL.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Chapter President

AHHHH,Yes we do have to thank you for what you do . Not only Thank you but I respect what you do. You people can never be told that enough in my opinion. GOD BLESS and Lock and Load.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by dslchk_cowgirl
What about those who have loved one's stationed somewhere. For example, my husband is currently in the Navy and is stationed in Iraq and has been since the beginning of August. In November he will be moved to Saudi Arabia.
Sorry you cannot post that here!

Of course we would love to hear from you! What ship is your hubby on? What is his rank and rate? How do you handle the seperation?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
U.S. Coast Guard, stationed in Guam. Who's the other Coastie that's on the poll?
I was on Guam for 2 weeks when I was a USN destroyer skimmer. Not bad duty!

I didn't know the CG leaves the main land! (Kidding) It always cracked me up that Alaska was considered over seas duty to the CG when I was in the Navy. That was a long time ago, we used sails.

What do you do in the CG?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by jrkerns
I've been in the Army for a little over 4 years and have around 20 left. I've done 4 tours overseas (2 Iraq and 2 Afghanistan) while I was enlisted. Got married to the most understanding woman sometime between those deployments. Now I am Warrant Officer in flight school at Ft. Rucker, AL.
Oh MAN! You got the world by the tail! Get all the free training you can man. The cost of fuel would keep you grounded in civy land. YIKES!

I'm a 3 year private pilot with about 1,350 hours already. Mostly in ultralights, and single engine experimental.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:41 AM

Currently at Ft. Hood, TX...Was At Ft. Campbell, KY before that, done 6 mos. in Afghanistan and a year in Iraq. Also deployed to New Orleans for Katrina Relief and Houston for Rita. Been in for 5 years, just re-enlisted for another 6
Old 10-22-2005, 11:25 AM

I'm in the U.S.Coast Guard, stationed aboard Coast Guard Cutter Hudson out of Miami Beach, Fl. Cutter Hudson is a 160 ft inland water construction tender. We build fixed aids to navigation in the intercoastal waterway from Melbourne, Fl. down to Key West and the Dry Tortugas, Fl. We just returned from a 43 day deployment to Louisanna, Miss. and Alabama for a Hurricane Katrina relief effort to help open the waterways in the area. We have an American Aero 70ft. boom crane with a Pileco piledriver attached to it. We use 35 to 60ft piles and drive them into the mud and leave 10 to 15ft of the pile above the water line and then bolt a red triangle or a green square to the pile to mark the channel. I've been in the USCG for 13 yrs and am a Damage Controlman. I do like my job in the CG, but Miami will be in my rearview mirror in June of 06'. Miami is just NOT my kind of city.
Chip
Old 10-22-2005, 11:39 AM

USAF
Stationed at F.E. Warren AFB in wonderful Wyoming.
Serving for just over 21 years.
Married to a outstanding woman for nearly 20 years (really don't see how she puts up with me).
No children, just project cars, trucks and a ornery dog.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:58 AM

USAF 10.5 yrs. Currently stationed @Tyndall AFB, Fla. I am married with a 2.5 y/o girl and 3mo/o son. I am going for retirement.

Quick Reply: Active Duty Personel Please Sign In!