Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

9/11 Movie

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Oh believe me. That kid was scared. I had a few choice words with him outside of class. I won't repeat what I said but needless to say, he didn't show up the next day.

I think they should, let people know how close they are to one another. I watched a movie with my gal (Wrong Turn) and were about to go camping, made her think twice about wanting to stay back by herself when we go out riding she was holding me real tight after that movie (good movie by the way guys)

I think they should show it, let people remember those we lost, and why. Hating one race, or religion is not the answer to anything. I remember a while back when it was a big debate, it's not these people, or this religion, know it's THESE PEOPLE. There have been whites, blacks, hispanics, mexicans, you name it, that have done something wrong, but we don't hate that, we hate that PERSON. All to often people would be mad against that, and it's wrong. We had people at work that were threatened and we ended up firing the other people saying why would you threaten them (and they happen to be like the top IT people we have here). Just stupid

But yup, should show the movie. At the time that happened I was actually going to University of Pittsburgh, scary day, class let out after that one was a bit close. Def. scary. I remember trying to call my grandfather all day that day who lives just accross the river from there to see if he was ok (cause the smoke was going that way, and he was old) Finally got ahold of it, nice relief. Makes people remember though.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:02 AM

Speaking of 911 films

www.loosechange911.com
Old 04-05-2006, 01:02 PM

Wow, I would say politics is NOT a good thing to talk about on this site...
Old 04-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mixed feelings on the movie but I do remember the day and exactly where I was when each one hit.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I wouldn't watch the movie.
Like DD4X4, It's a day I'll always remember.

see my avatar
Old 04-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
This thread needs to be locked because people aren't mature enough to carry on a calm conversation about a very important topic.
Seems to have calmed down a bit,
let's try to keep it that way.

I won't be seeing the movie,
just doesn't look that entertaining, and I can think of better things to do with my time.

phox
Old 04-05-2006, 05:53 PM

I think we all need to realize the difference between racism and the fear of a people. Everyone has a threshold of fear and when that takes over, humanity goes out the window. Fear is not racism but can look like it at times.

If you are not as old as I am, you cannot remember WWII and the fears of the time. America was a nation of total fear and with good cause. We have not had a war since then that would have meant the distruction of our homeland as it did. War causes injustices, always will. A future war will be no different. You saw no protests over the Japanese internment, only with the next generation that did not feel the fear. These same protestors will be the ones demanding the internment if it comes to that fear factor in the future.

We have enough of the world taking apart our American way without Americans doing it for them. If you can blame it on racism, then why do we drive German Dodges, and Japenese cars. It was only the fear of the time and once that fear was removed, things settled down to normal humanistic life. We all need to stop pointing the wiggly finger at others and just try to keep ourselves on the straight and narrow.

Possibly some need to have a film to remember 911, I don't and feel that it could not duplicate the real thing that happened. As things go, if it goes over big, bet we all will see it on tv and probably watch it. Guess we all need to see those planes hitting the towers.... again and again and again, and do we need to feel the pain of watching people jump out of a window 80 floors up?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
I think we all need to realize the difference between racism and the fear of a people. Everyone has a threshold of fear and when that takes over, humanity goes out the window. Fear is not racism but can look like it at times.

If you are not as old as I am, you cannot remember WWII and the fears of the time. America was a nation of total fear and with good cause. We have not had a war since then that would have meant the distruction of our homeland as it did. War causes injustices, always will. A future war will be no different. You saw no protests over the Japanese internment, only with the next generation that did not feel the fear. These same protestors will be the ones demanding the internment if it comes to that fear factor in the future.

We have enough of the world taking apart our American way without Americans doing it for them. If you can blame it on racism, then why do we drive German Dodges, and Japenese cars. It was only the fear of the time and once that fear was removed, things settled down to normal humanistic life. We all need to stop pointing the wiggly finger at others and just try to keep ourselves on the straight and narrow.

Possibly some need to have a film to remember 911, I don't and feel that it could not duplicate the real thing that happened. As things go, if it goes over big, bet we all will see it on tv and probably watch it. Guess we all need to see those planes hitting the towers.... again and again and again, and do we need to feel the pain of watching people jump out of a window 80 floors up?
This is the best point yet. My grandfather told me about WWII and what they did to the japanese. It was for our safety however misguided. I think some people do need to be reminded and for others it will just bring back bad memories. It is sad that people just can't judge the people who committed the crime instead of thinking every muslim in this country is out to kill us. Killing for religion will never stop until all of the people realize that not everybody thinks the way they do. The main problem with people in general is they want you to bend over backwards to make them happy and couldn't care less about making anyone else happy. I just don't want people to use a movie that is inteded to remember a terrible day for propaganda against the government or religon or anything other than a memorial to those that died.

On a lighter note. If this is anything like Pearl Harbor with ben afflack(sp, don't care) nobody will want to see it...
Old 04-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
If this is anything like Pearl Harbor with ben afflack(sp, don't care) nobody will want to see it...

Afflack!

phox
Old 04-06-2006, 12:50 PM

I remember that morning a few years ago, I believe i was in 7th grade. I woke up and turned on the news as usual and by that time both towers and the pentagon had been hit. My mom was in bed and I thought to myself "everything is gonna be alright, They'll get the fires out and they will repair and rebuild the damage". But it wasnt going to be alright, when the south tower fell I woke my mom up and we watched in horror as the north tower fell, it was a very sureal feeling, I was in disbelief. Needless to say I will never forget that september morning.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MSN has a featuer article on the topic today.

Looks like HappyGA was ahead of the curve. The Title is "Is American ready for Flight 93 Movie?" Subtitle is
"9/11 film stirs emotion/debate". Debate and emotion was stirred here weeks ago.
I see it being the biggest selling movie in history.